Deep Wounds not working properly

85 Worgen Warrior
The damage from a single crit of Deep Wounds in either hand has correct tick sizes.

However, I am noticing weird things happening and would say that it's BUGGED:

• It ticks 7 times sometimes, when critting with auto-attacks within 1s of eacthother, and the 2nd crit's input is delayed 2 seconds, dealing damage on the 2nd tick
  • It ticks 8 times sometimes
  • Spell crits such as Avalanche no longer produce DWounds
  • Multiple Whirlwind crits only put DWounds on one target
  • Multiple Herioc Leap crits no longer produce DWounds
  • Off-Hand Raging Blow no longer produces Deep Wounds
  • Main-Hand Raging Blow sometimes doesn't produce Deep Wounds
  • Fiery Attack no longer produces Deep Wounds
  • Intercept no longer produces Deep Wounds
  • Dual-Critting MH+OH Raging Blow either does not produce Deep Wounds, or only provides 5 ticks
Reply Quote
While I don't have the details Landsoul has, I can at least go ahead and confirm that my Fury Warrior on Recount logs has seen her "percent of total damage" done as Deep Wounds drop from roughly 16% to roughly 7%, which is more loss to her Deep Wounds ticks than a 5% physical damage "nerf" (a relative term, as it is not factoring in the melee attack power changes) would account for. I am willing to guess that, as Landsoul said, it is not applying properly in the way it ought to and that it is probably a bug.
Edited by Jamesson on 12/1/2011 8:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Add crits from strike of opportunity (arms mastery) randomly not applying deep wounds.

edit: And overpower.
Edited by Kokekola on 12/1/2011 9:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
I would also like to confirm this bug. Deep Wounds' damage is much lower since the 4.3 patch.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I have definitely been noticing this a great deal, it is NOT in our own heads or caused by any listed changes. Please address this before hard-mode progression starts.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Thank you for the concise details, I've seen a significant decrease which is greater than what our 5% nerf could cause. I've confirmed a lot of the points above as well.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
FIX! NAO!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Please hot fix this
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
well...all in all.....
fury dps warriors' deep wound totol damege decrease 40%

it makes our totol damage lower 6~8%
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Excellent, came to report this and found a thread already here started by none other than Landsoul! Hopefully it gets attention.

I can confirm that myself and our other resident Warrior are experiencing the same steep drop in Deep Wounds damage when comparing same-boss kills from last week to this week.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I noticed this as well. Lost about an additional 5-7% overall damage (on top of the accounted for changes) through deep wounds alone.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Confirmed Bug also on my half from looking at logs from 4.2 to 4.3
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Same. Compared my own logs and deep wound's percentage for overall damage.

This has been raised in several places. I would like to see a blue post today or tomorrow confirming a bug, saying they are looking into it, or say it is intended.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
i sure hope it wasn't intended, and i cant imagine it was.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
Pretty hard to even get competitive playing warrior now, I do hope blizz take a good look in all this feedback and actually take action to bring us up.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Noticing the same things as above
Reply Quote
I'm crap geared, not fully enchanted and probably not properly gemmed, but I can at least confirm that since the patch my Deep Wounds damage has plummeted and, seeing everyone else's comments, can assume that this isn't just an issue of me not knowing how to play.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I can confirm all of this. My deep wounds is doing 40-50% less damage than it normally does.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Can confirm the reduced deep wounds as fury too. Respeced and reforged to arms until this is fixed.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
^^^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]