Mature Language Filter - Bugged?

90 Worgen Warrior
Every time I(or any of my friends or guildies or anyone else I've spoken to) logs out and back in to WoW the mature language filter is turned back on automatically. This is pretty annoying seeing "@#$*^@!*#^" all the time and would prefer to go back to seeing English without having to change my settings every time I re-log. Is there a hot-fix planned for this?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Heya Rush. This is a known issue that is actually addressed in our 4.3 Hour of Twilight sticky. Check below for more info and a workaround:

Mature Language Filter:
Settings for the Mature Language Filter are not always saving. A resolution is currently in the works but may not be able to be applied via a hotfix and must wait for an additional patch.

In the meantime, players have had success saving their settings by closing out of the game after they have updated their option, instead of logging out properly. After you have set your options try using Control-F4 to shut down the game.

Please note: Most other game settings will not save unless you close down the game properly, this potential workaround is only for this issue.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595578200
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Alt+F4 will temporarily fix the issue, but reloading the UI will cause it to happen again. I wrote a simple addon last night that will automatically disable the filter when you log in or reload your UI.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/profanityfix
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You don't need an add-on for that ...

/script SetCVar("profanityFilter",1-GetCVar("profanityFilter"))

Use this macro to quickly toggle the profanity filter. :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657276536?page=1#19
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
Alt+F4 will temporarily fix the issue, but reloading the UI will cause it to happen again. I wrote a simple addon last night that will automatically disable the filter when you log in or reload your UI.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/profanityfix

I love you for this, man. Because I frequently exercise my right to curse like a sailor, this bug has been driving me CRAZY!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Piazolla, be careful with that. The filter only effects what YOU see, and if it's in public or in party, you can get reported for it.

Would hate to see you get in trouble for cursing like a sailor(I tend to do that over my XBox connection while playing MW3, for what it's worth).
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
So does it change everytime you log in or just reload the ui? I have a trap addon that likes to vanish every time I log off and doesn't reappear until I type /reload
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Heya Rush. This is a known issue that is actually addressed in our 4.3 Hour of Twilight sticky. Check below for more info and a workaround:

Mature Language Filter:
Settings for the Mature Language Filter are not always saving. A resolution is currently in the works but may not be able to be applied via a hotfix and must wait for an additional patch.

In the meantime, players have had success saving their settings by closing out of the game after they have updated their option, instead of logging out properly. After you have set your options try using Control-F4 to shut down the game.

Please note: Most other game settings will not save unless you close down the game properly, this potential workaround is only for this issue.

How is this a fix? I've had this reset my addon settings before. It could end up causing more problems than it fixes.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
12/05/2011 02:11 PMPosted by Unami
How is this a fix? I've had this reset my addon settings before. It could end up causing more problems than it fixes.

It isn't a "fix", it is a possible workaround if you wish to use it.
Edited by Vrakthris on 12/5/2011 2:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
95 Troll Hunter
Piazolla, be careful with that. The filter only effects what YOU see, and if it's in public or in party, you can get reported for it.

Would hate to see you get in trouble for cursing like a sailor(I tend to do that over my XBox connection while playing MW3, for what it's worth).

Further, the offended player does not have to have their filter disabled to report you. You can be reported regardless of what shows up on someone else's screen.

Additionally, ALL chat channels are subject to this rule. While Guild, Whisper, and Custom channels are "looser" in their scrutiny, you can still get reported (and sanctioned if Blizzard deems your violation egregious enough) even while using them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]