Cannot Delete Character

4 Undead Warlock
Hello, i'm playing WoW and i have this little problem where i cannot delete my Character Zata. It says "this character has mail or has an heirloom in their inventory or void storage and cannot be deleted" I checked and the character doesn't have clothes, armor, objects, etc, etc, etc. It doesn't has anything in the account so i don't really know why i cannot delete. Help please?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/03/2011 09:24 AMPosted by Zata
Hello, i'm playing WoW and i have this little problem where i cannot delete my Character Zata. It says "this character has mail or has an heirloom in their inventory or void storage and cannot be deleted" I checked and the character doesn't have clothes, armor, objects, etc, etc, etc. It doesn't has anything in the account so i don't really know why i cannot delete. Help please?
Check your mailbox. if there's a message there, delete it.
Reply Quote
4 Undead Warlock
I have checked and my only message is that one you get because of WoW's 7th anniversary. I'll try to delete it. Thanks :D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I'm actually having the same problem on my acct. No idea what's causing it I thought it was the celebration package as it its BoA but after deleting that i still cant delete my character
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/03/2011 12:15 PMPosted by Galatkus
I'm actually having the same problem on my acct. No idea what's causing it I thought it was the celebration package as it its BoA but after deleting that i still cant delete my character

Did you delete everything in your mailbox as suggested earlier? Keep in mind that it is not just checking new messages and taking any items, it is actually removing all mail (list should be completely empty).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Also check your bank and make sure that is empty also.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Im trying also to delete one of my death knights, ive deleted all my armor, all my mail, and all of my bank, and ive quit my guild. It still wont let me delete my character! help please!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/03/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Mystìc
Im trying also to delete one of my death knights, ive deleted all my armor, all my mail, and all of my bank, and ive quit my guild. It still wont let me delete my character! help please!
Did you make sure to delete messages in your mailbox? Or did you simply read it / take the items?
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Hunter
same problem, solved mine though. just send ur alt a random mail with nothing in it just letters n such, read and delete the mail log and should be able to delete ur toon
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Make sure ever message is deleted too.

If it still doesn't work, try Beastys possible workaround.

12/03/2011 10:50 PMPosted by ßeasty
solved mine though. just send ur alt a random mail with nothing in it just letters n such, read and delete the mail log and should be able to delete ur toon
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I sent my heirlooms to one character where I checked and deleted the mail. Still couldn't delete the alt character. It was after I went to another character (where I sent my gold) and checked/deleted the mail that I was able to fully delete the character in question.

Don't know if that is your issue but it's worth looking into. Just check all the characters you have and make sure there is no outstanding mail from the character in which you are trying to delete.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
44 Draenei Priest
I had same problem, I deleted everything in my bags, bank and could not delete character. I contacted GM and he told me I still had the letter from when I received a mount in the mail and that was stopping me from deleting. He waited while I went to mailbox and found the letter and deleted it, and I was able to delete character. So be sure your mailbox is empty of EVERYTHING!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
i have no mail, no items, no void storage, and no heirlooms, i even went as far as to unequip and delete all of the gear my toon had, i still cannot delete my toon! sent in a ticket for support
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]