Urgent Blizzard...Please Read and respond!

85 Blood Elf Paladin
We, all English speaking players, have been requesting feverishly for you, Blizzard, to do something about Gurubashi server.

When I, as so many other players, decided to play on the Gurubashi server, we picked it BECAUSE it was an ENGLISH speaking server. It stated that it is a west coast, English language server. This could be farthest from the truth. I sat in Ogrimmar last night to early morning and saw English written maybe twice in 2 hours. All raid broadcasts, profession sellers, etc were in Portuguese.

I don't speak Portuguese and that is why I joined an English speaking server. Players have brought this up to you for several months and still no free server transfers. Why? I cannot join a raid anymore because I do not speak Portuguese.

My gaming experience is ruined. As such, I am tired of waiting for you to do something about this problem. I quit. This is the nail in the coffin. There are many other factors but this has sealed the deal. Oh, and Kung Fu Panda for the expansion? Really? LOL!

I will be dusting off my Star Wars collectables and placing them next to my computer while I play a new kind of MMO. One with all English speaking servers.

Star Wars The Old Republic awaits me...May the force be with you!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Don't worry BRs are leaving... tomorrow
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Mimimi BRs are better than I
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
We're kinda leaving today. Blizzard's opening a Portuguese server. But the population on Gurubashi will be very low!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

I don't speak Portuguese and that is why I joined an English speaking server. Players have brought this up to you for several months and still no free server transfers. Why? I cannot join a raid anymore because I do not speak Portuguese.

My gaming experience is ruined.

Star Wars The Old Republic awaits me...May the force be with you!

I'm afraid ALLOWING us to transfer does not mean Brazilians WILL leave at all.
Just get used to the idea that some Brazilians are quite adept at speaking English as well and are not planning on leaving any time soon. (Yeah, that would include me!)

I'm sorry you feel this way, but rest assured that wherever you go (SW, Rift, AoC, etc), you are bound to run into a growing number of Brazilians since our economy finally made braodband a reality to lots of us.

Please read this and consult forums often to know where Brazilians will be moving next, and since you feel this way, get out of their way.

Best of luck to all who think like you, Cronus.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'm afraid ALLOWING us to transfer does not mean Brazilians WILL leave at all.
Just get used to the idea that some Brazilians are quite adept at speaking English as well and are not planning on leaving any time soon. (Yeah, that would include me!)

I'm sorry you feel this way, but rest assured that wherever you go (SW, Rift, AoC, etc), you are bound to run into a growing number of Brazilians since our economy finally made braodband a reality to lots of us.

Please read this and consult forums often to know where Brazilians will be moving next, and since you feel this way, get out of their way.

Best of luck to all who think like you, Cronus.

Cheers!

The problem isnt Brazillians, the issue is Brazillians who only speak Portugese and are dominating the server population with the isolated mentality that if they dont speak portugese they cant participate in the raid. I welcome all Brazillians who atleast 3/4 speak English to stay.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]