Retribution (6.2.3) - Updated 5/19/16

(Sticky)

90 Draenei Paladin
Keeping this in the public eye.

Edit: I actually use HoP in raid tonight. It was lovely.
Edited by Svayne on 10/18/2012 9:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Looking for a reason for my next bump and noticed this.

12/06/2011 02:38 AMPosted by Svayne
Expertise removes Parry completely. You can still be Blocked from the front.

You probably already know this and were just simplifying but, or im completely mis-understanding something you are saying, but:

Expertise from 0% to 7.5% removes dodge only. Expertise from 7.5% to 15% removes parry only. As always attacking from behind removes any chance of getting parried so if you have 7.5% expertise and attack from either the sides/back you will never miss.

If you attack from the front and have less than 15% expertise you will get parried.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Edit: Not my original text (from Exemplar's thread). I'm sure he was implying that it has the ability to completely remove Parry, but I'll go ahead and remove it from the guide to avoid confusion.
Edited by Svayne on 10/18/2012 11:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Bump, really needs a sticky
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Keeping this in the public eye.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
TO THE TOP!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I cannot believe we're still trying to get this stickied, swear the mods are horrible.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
10/25/2012 06:41 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
I cannot believe we're still trying to get this stickied, swear the mods are horrible.

At least we have stickies...unlike the warlock forum.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/25/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Celyndrashad
At least we have stickies...unlike the warlock forum.

It was so annoying when I was trying to figure out how to play mine.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Sorry my guide was out of date at the time, and i had all but stopped playing her.

Apparently it was not a very popular guide =(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Can't wait to level this guy and start raiding! Thanks for guide, hope it gets stickied :)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Please get this stickied!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ONE
12/06/2011 02:40 AMPosted by Svayne
Inq (> DP TV) > 5 HP TV (> ES) > HoW > Exo > CS > Judge > 3-4 HP TV

I'm wondering, why does using DP TV over HP generators (when not capped ofc) produce higher DPS? As long as you use the proc before it goes away, don't you gain more by not wasting HP gen CDs? Or does the double (Or potentially more) TV at 5HP make you miss enough HP gen GCDs that it cancels out?

Not questioning, just wondering how this works out.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If DP is procced, it cant proc again until the proc is used up. I'm assuming this is why it takes priority over HoPo generators.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ONE
10/28/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Arte
If DP is procced, it cant proc again until the proc is used up. I'm assuming this is why it takes priority over HoPo generators.

But doesn't the MoP version only proc from HoPo spenders? So by using generators you're not using any ability with the chance to proc it. I might be wrong though, maybe tooltip error?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Burning DP gives the full chance (25%) to proc yet another DP, and so on. Using generators while you have a proc up potentially wastes a new proc per GCD that you don't burn your current one.
Edited by Svayne on 10/29/2012 12:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ONE
Ah I see, so the potential extra TV is worth more HoPo over time per GCD than if I used the generator. I got it. Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Yes. DP is still our weakest tier 5 talent for PvE though. I might just remove that from the lineup entirely...
Edited by Svayne on 10/29/2012 12:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Shouldn't we have Holy Avenger in T5 ?

I found that it is a very good dps boost and has separate cooldown from other skill.

I also see that many good ret in this forum prefer Holy Avenger over Sanctified Wrath.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]