Retribution (6.2) - Updated 7/3/15

(Sticky)

93 Dwarf Paladin
06/10/2013 09:48 AMPosted by Elandimete
From what I see here so far I'm doing several things right, but my question is what can I tweak to improve further?

WAY too much expertise...Like, 10% over cap; that's all wasted itemization that would better serve as haste. Otherwise looks fine. May eventually want to drop the hit enchant on your cloak for crit.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 6/10/2013 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Thanks so much. Having a fresh pair of eyes do a look over that is appreciated. I'll take care of that expertise right away.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
hey so i used to not use my tier 90 talent at all. (very bad pally i know). so i'm wondering how ES works as a dot. i think it's holy damage so it gets buffed by my 2 piece bonus from ToT. Is it also getting buffed during cooldowns like when my strength trinket procs and i have my 20% strength guardian buff + wings? i'm wondering if it is worth it to hit ES during my cooldowns because that means i'm losing a TV. (I use zealotry.)
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Execution Sentence snapshots your stats when it's cast. Meaning that, yes, it does take into account Inquisition, burst cooldowns, potions, and trinket procs - but only if they are active prior to you casting ES - and holds those buffs in its calculations until the DoT detonates, even if the buff falls off within that 10s.

The 2pT15 is a slight exception, as it is placed as a debuff on the target. That means it is best used within the last 4~6s of ES ticks, if possible, to ensure the final burst gets the boost.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Execution Sentence snapshots your stats when it's cast. Meaning that, yes, it does take into account Inquisition, burst cooldowns, potions, and trinket procs - but only if they are active prior to you casting ES - and holds those buffs in its calculations until the DoT detonates, even if the buff falls off within that 10s.

The 2pT15 is a slight exception, as it is placed as a debuff on the target. That means it is best used within the last 4~6s of ES ticks, if possible, to ensure the final burst gets the boost.

that clears things up alot! thank you. so with my guardian active it sounds like i should use it when i hit 20 stacks of the strength buff. but with a shadow pan trinket up best to use it while that buff is up maybe. the guardian buff gives me roughly 3k strength at 20 stacks but the shadow pan trinket is about 9k strength. however with a feather trinket best to use this at the tenth stack of the buff.

so if both my trinkets proc at the pull and we lust at the start and i'm using all my cd's plus pot at the start it would be best to use this right before shado pan trinket wears off at 15's so that my guardian buff is at max stacks and my feather is closer to 10 stacks and my pot will still be active. ( i don't have a feather yet but that is on my list to get from LFR)
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Basically, yes; the more strength you have upon casting ES, the harder it will hit even after those buffs wear off. It has been proven empirically to hold onto Wings' 20% in that same way, too.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
i hit an ES during wings, 20 guardian stacks. 10 feather stacks, and my shado pan trinket on the last boss of RFC H scenario. the last tick crit for half a million damage.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Svayne, I dunno if you've been keeping up with this and/or have any intention of resubbing to update it, but I'm in the process of writing a new one to save you the trouble.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I would keep working on your new one if you still are Grog. I used to be guilded w/ Svayne and Fbook friends etc and I dont believe he will be coming back anytime soon.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
I have been. Lazily, but surely. Few more sections and I'll start a peer review process with some of my RealID friends to make sure I've got as much concise, accurate, and pertinent information as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8hIr2t_YiE

pretty !@#$ty first video not going to lie i was nervous but check it out im going to do another one real soon with more in depth explanation and more prepared also aoe rotation and some SoO ret pally POV. Comment gives suggestions anything really will help alot and make sure to subscribe like i said first %^-*ty video it will be much better and more informative thanks guys.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I saw the Svayne signal and came as fast as I could.

Edit: Talents updated. Rotations updated. Cooldowns updated. Tier bonuses updated. Notes made for things that still need to be polished but are otherwise still relevant.
Edited by Svayne on 9/28/2013 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wow, surprised you're still alive. Since you didn't update for the longest time and what not.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I've been away (still am), in Tyria. Unsure if I'll be able to get back into this game seriously until the next expansion hits. It's a lot easier to get back into it when everyone pretty much has to start over on gear. Re-gearing/progressing near the end of an expansion is time-consuming, to say the least.
Edited by Svayne on 9/7/2014 1:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
So, I have a Raid Finder Spark of Zandalar. Would an upgraded version of that trinket be better than either of my current ones DPS wise, and if so, which should I replace?
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Keep your current trinks.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Great guide, but I fail to see why this was reported :(
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
It was reported to get it the attention needed to get it stickied.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You need to update GoAK, it stacks up to 12 instead of 20. Minor details but still lol
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
You need to update GoAK, it stacks up to 12 instead of 20. Minor details but still lol

Updated, thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]