Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

85 Human Death Knight
Edit after post cap:
I've started a new thread to replace this one - the new one is a suggestion thread rather than a complaint thread:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657433802#1

edit: in regards to people saying they are receiving items from raids as 100% drops for 100% of the people in the raid - either your raid was bugged, or raids in which my friends participated were bugged, because I have people reporting that the raids they attended only allowed 1 person to "get the special DMF loot". So something is definitely screwey there. Even so, Raid Drops do not justify the progression setting set forth by blizzard. 1 ticket per daily is not cool. More below (oh and I added the E to Faire) :

Continuation of this thread:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657610824

Thread is highly rated with multiple responses.

Original post:

Ok, this is beyond unacceptable.

I understand blizzard wanting some people to feel special for completing shadow craft when they were level 80 farming the level 50 dungeons (such as strath) in their lich king gear by making the armor a semi-costly purchase.

But if any of you have done the math as I have, it would take 7 months to complete a singular set.

What kind of bull is this?

7 Months to complete a set that was removed for the sole reason of "Well we wanted to update the lower level content and didn't want to leave incomplete sets in the game."

Honestly?!

Either up the tickets from the daily quests or do an across the board 50% reduction of all costs for every DMF item in the game.

There's a difference between keeping something special and giving your players the middle finger. This is beyond extreme. You've actually adopted the EverQuest model for equipment purchases. I thought WoW was supposed to SAVE people from the EverQuest model. These items don't even have stats on them and are not tradeable. This is just for LOOKS! I mean COME ON! To top it off it'll take a YEAR just to get a mount and a pet.

Do you want to keep players interested in the game, or do you want to piss them off? Because I gotta tell you, adopting the EverQuest model of "Hehe once a month you can only get 50 tickets at most (assuming you can redo the profession quests once per month)- GOOD LUCK for the REST of the month and the year!" is really the wrong way to go.

Oh, and Blizz, the Blackened Defias Chestpiece - still missing! 1/2 of the defias gear is IN THE GAME. There's no justification NOT to put the two remaining pieces back in as drops from Ripsnarl and Cookie.

edit: Oh and to those of you who will read this thread who are looking back at how many "tickets" you've collected on Day 1, you need to know this. The majority of your tickets, about 20 or so, came from Yellow Quests. Now these quests might be "once a month", but I'm not so sure about that. The daily quests (and there are what, 5 or 6?) give you 1 ticket each. Don't be fooled by the "boost" you got on day one. It will take you easily 7 months to 1 year to get a full set of Dungeon Set 1-2 armor. That's if you're going straight for the armor and not the mounts/pets.

Further post regarding the actual drop rate of the "dungeon drops" that people keep ignorantly quoting as "a good way to farm and get above 100 tickets a week":
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657610824?page=17#337

The response from people who are arguing against me say these things:

1. Use alts!
A. This one was posted by an MVP. Is it blizzard's position that we have to use 10+ ALTS in order to accomplish something on a main?

2. Stop crying you don't need this you should THANK Blizzard.
A. For changing things from the PTR to live without explanation? Feels like bait and switch.

3. Your just crying about vanity items, they're worthless anyway.
A. So you determine what I and others think might be fun?

4. Fun things in games require WORK this is no different than Molten Front, you just want everything on the first day!
A. No, it doesn't and no, we don't. First of all molten front was a persistent in world concept. We weren't forced to play during a short period of one week a month, forced to farm dungeons (including older dungeons which seems more like a bug than actual game) 24 hours a day just to get a rare 10% drop turn in in order to supplement the poor reward rate of daily tickets. Second of all, we're saying it's ridiculous to expect people to farm for 7-12 months just to get a complete set of the gear which was taken out of the game solely because blizzard "didn't feel like changing the stats" during the revamp. Many of us would be happy with 3 months, which is still a gated availability of the items, without the ridiculous 7-12 month wait.
I also want to point out there's a vast ocean of difference of doing dailies for 3 months and only doing dailies for 1 week then being artificially forced to wait for 3 weeks before being able to do them again.

5. Stop crying we can get 100 tickets a day! You don't know how to farm.
A. The only possible way you are getting 100 tickets a day is if you're sitting on your lazy butt for 6-8 hours farming 60-80 bosses just to get a rare with a drop rate of 10% (remember, you can only do 5 dungeons an hour). If you got lucky and got 5 rares after 8 boss kills, then you got lucky. That's RNG. I refer you to this post which explains the statistical probability of 10% drop rate in an open ended pay off:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657610824?page=17#337

IF Blizzard is forcing people to behave like this in order to get the tickets, then they might as well rename themselves to EverCamp. That's what EverQuest was LIKE - exactly what it was like. I remember farming trade goods all too well. It was horrendous, and intolerable.

Regardless, forcing people to play alts, forcing people to farm dozens and dozens of level 20-50 bosses in order to turn in a daily quest reward just to make the ticket gains tolerable, is intolerable in itself and demonstrates that something is BROKEN with this implementation.
Edited by Elineé on 12/7/2011 11:31 AM PST
85 Dwarf Death Knight
Didn't spend much time at the faire on PTR because I didn't see the point in grinding something that was going to be removed when the PTR closed.

I remember the daily quest giving 5 tickets and this got changed to 1 ticket. I also seem to remember (could be completely wrong here) but after you did the daily for your 5 tickets you could do the mini game again and each time you won you would get 1 ticket.

Example: I did the whack-a-gnoll, got my 5 tickets from the daily, then immediately paid my one token to do the mini - game again and won one ticket.

I paid very little attention but was this removed or did it never exist?
85 Human Death Knight
Didn't spend much time at the faire on PTR because I didn't see the point in grinding something that was going to be removed when the PTR closed.

I remember the daily quest giving 5 tickets and this got changed to 1 ticket. I also seem to remember (could be completely wrong here) but after you did the daily for your 5 tickets you could do the mini game again and each time you won you would get 1 ticket.

Example: I did the whack-a-gnoll, got my 5 tickets from the daily, then immediately paid my one token to do the mini - game again and won one ticket.

I paid very little attention but was this removed or did it never exist?

You can only do any one specific minigame once per day to receive 1 ticket. If anyone is doing the same minigame more than once and receiving more than one ticket per day then they are exploiting the daily.

There seem to be a plethora of bugs with the DMF ATM. Some people are reporting they can turn in the same rare 10% drop item from dungeons more than once, despite the fact a single one of the boss drops is only supposed to be turned in once per month. This would be an exploit as well.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I feel you man, I'm an original vanilla wow player I STILL believe in good'ol fashioned farming for what you want. This daily cap system on everything is complete BULL all around. I don't like having my progress limited and being forced to log in everyday just to work towards something I want. Its not the system I grew up on and its not a good system to begin with. I think we all know dailies are only to keep people playing longer so they can pace themselves with content.

Darkmoon Faire might of been something I'd go and farm for just for fun when I have time back in the day, I'm not gonna waste my life logging in and doing the same dailies for 200times over 3 weeks or even 7 months for it. I do that enough for the gear I DO NEED to PROGRESS in the game.

Everything in this game is now controlled with 24hr-1wk cds and daily/weekly caps and quests. It was a better time 7 years ago.
100 Troll Rogue
it isn't suppose to be quick and easy...
85 Human Death Knight
they do not cost too much. you can do it for a whole week EVERY month.

as far as i am concerned, other things are too cheap.
85 Human Priest
12/06/2011 07:22 AMPosted by Goblínkíng

Lol Have you done the math on some of the items? Its insane
85 Troll Warrior
It -is- insane. I want my gear, gosh-darnit.
85 Dwarf Death Knight

You can only do any one specific minigame once per day to receive 1 ticket. If anyone is doing the same minigame more than once and receiving more than one ticket per day then they are exploiting the daily.

There seem to be a plethora of bugs with the DMF ATM. Some people are reporting they can turn in the same rare 10% drop item from dungeons more than once, despite the fact a single one of the boss drops is only supposed to be turned in once per month. This would be an exploit as well.

It wasn't a quest and I understand some thing got changed when it went live. I remember just doing the game (no daily quest or any quest) and if you won you got a ticket. Might have been my lack of attention or a bug on the PTR.

I thought it was a gold sink since you would have to buy a lot of game token to play the mini-game enough to get the gear you wanted.
Edited by Ghordin on 12/6/2011 7:26 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/06/2011 07:23 AMPosted by Ðmoney

Lol Have you done the math on some of the items? Its insane

yeah, the math was simple. 2+2= A bunch of angry mobs because they can't get 4 vanity pets with a daily system in less than 24hrs. A bunch of angry mobs, because they can't get a statless set from Vanilla in 24hrs or less.
100 Worgen Druid
Agree with OP %100
90 Orc Warrior
1. Use alts
8 toons can get one set of vanity gear a week with work. When they make pets account wide in MoP then you will get all the pets on each toon if you get a different pet on each toon now.

2. You dont need this
You dont really, there are tons of options for transmoging gear. People asked for this and blizzard put it back. They didnt have to.

3. They are just vanity items
Yes they are vanity items, they arent needed to progress your character raiding or in pvp. they are for cosmetic use and arent needed immediately.

4. Fun things require work
This whole game requires work. The amount of effort you put into the game is equal to the amount of rewards you get from it.

5. You can get 100 tickets a day
Yes you can get 100 tickets a day once a month but that would require lots of effort that day or deep pockets and all the items in the AH. Farm Scarlet Monastery till you get the instance lockout and call it a day. Go back daily till you get the artifacts you need. Queue up and do some BGs. I did three AVs last night in an hour and got two of the artifacts from there.

This game has always been about grinds. There is very little you can get in this game from logging on only.
You arent being forced to do this unless you are a pet and mount collector. These things are optional.
I am also not crazy about one ticket per game per day, but i did some research and found a way to maximize my ticket gain. Ill have all the rewards in four months max, something that people in the other thread said was an acceptable time frame for getting all the rewards. Ive yet to see an arguement crying for more tickets that is valid.
Edited by Arkthan on 12/6/2011 7:31 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
if the reward was 2 and not 1, it would be enough
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm pretty sure the yellow quest reset every month.
Though the blue quest give 5 a day, the rest of them give heck a lot.
In total you probably can get a 100+ ticket a month, I know a friend already sit with 100.

He probably ended up with 200 before DMF is over, a mount per month? I think it's acceptable.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]