Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
As far as I know, the artifacts can only be turned in (at best) once per month. I had the grimoire drop a second time and could not repeat the quest (I believe on different days too).

Counting artifacts (once per month) brings tokens up to about 140 per month I believe. That is still kind of rough for anyone hoping to complete a transmog set or collect pets/mounts.

yeah but if you are serious about getting that transmog set the items are boe so 140 tickets x 4 toons = full set in one week
85 Gnome Mage
The truth is that every single person here defending this approach are absolute frauds. We all know that if any other business, person or authority figure told them they had to work this hard for their fun or their treats they would be scoffed at and chided. But people here are so brainwashed and trained that they actually don't realize they are just mimicking what they think Blizzard wants them to say.

It's excessive. It's too costly. It's a lazy approach to pacing us. It's all of those things. And all of your defenders know this. You just think that to agree with the OP would be a betrayal to Blizzard. Brand loyalty is one thing. Blind loyalty is another.
85 Worgen Mage
I agree. im only at 60 tickets. got 30 of them from doing heroics and getting the darkmoon faire loot that gives you a quest to turn in to specific people at the fair. the other 30 are from doing the dalies and i guess the profession quest are a one time thing :/

Blizzard needs to either up the ticket amount for quest or lower the cost for items.
The truth is that every single person here defending this approach are absolute frauds. We all know that if any other business, person or authority figure told them they had to work this hard for their fun or their treats they would be scoffed at and chided. But people here are so brainwashed and trained that they actually don't realize they are just mimicking what they think Blizzard wants them to say.

It's excessive. It's too costly. It's a lazy approach to pacing us. It's all of those things. And all of your defenders know this. You just think that to agree with the OP would be a betrayal to Blizzard. Brand loyalty is one thing. Blind loyalty is another.
its lazy to say you dont wanna work to look the way you want too but im the fraud here right?
its been said that all the quest reset every month including the profession quest not a big deal
90 Worgen Druid
Why do people always want everything, right now? Yes, it will take some time to get everything you want... So what? The important thing is that you will eventually get them.

You're not supposed to get them because you ask for them. Yes, getting a reward requires some work. It's sad, but it's the way it is.

Stop thinking about it. Life will go on, and someday you will have all the tickets required. And you will be happy, but the day after, you will make a thread on the forums saying that the game sucks because of the lack of content. It's the cycle of the QQers' life I believe.
90 Dwarf Warrior
The drop rates aren't bad on the artifacts and the dungeon ones seem to drop in low level dungeons. I'm still confused where the 7 month figure came from.

You get 35 for the week just buy doing the dailies every day. 4 for a non-gathering primary profession, 3 for each secondary profession, and 2 for gathering professions. You get 10 for the Grisly Trophy quest, and you can net about 55 if you farm out the quest things (which are really easy). So you're gonna get optimally 103 (and if you want things sooner than later you SHOULD BE OPTIMAL). So that's five months for the 520 tokens you need assuming you got your bonus tokens or are smart enough to buy one of the PVP things off the AH.

I mean wrapping up the Argent Tournament take much less time? That wasn't even just once a month. It's about a week of farming for each piece, which is pretty much on par with any other daily hub. It's just that since it's only once a month you have to wait. Stop being impatient it's not a grind.

Upping the rates would be awful because then the AH would just be flooded with replica armor and all investment we have in the Darkmoon Faire would vanish. You guys have become so sick of actually playing the game that having to exercise patience or wait for something makes you sick.
Edited by Gulvak on 12/6/2011 1:11 PM PST
91 Orc Hunter
Test Your Strength 10 tickets monthly.

Assuming you have all secondary professions, thats 6 more monthly quests, at 4 tickets each for primaries and 3 for secondaries; a total of 20 tickets.

There are the 5 faire games, which on live are now only rewarding 1 ticket each. 7 days times five tickets for another 35 tickets.

To get any more, you have to be able to afford the blues or get lucky enough to win them. And frankly, they're 1800+g on my server, they're almost not worth it to turn in. I've had no luck getting them to drop in low level dungeons; 10 runs in RFC on my shammy and a couple here before I got bored and gave up yielded me nothing.

As a pet/mount collector, I was looking forward to one pet per faire. Instead, I think I have all 6 pets taking 8 months. I get they don't want us to blast throgh the faire and never come back after our first 2, but give me a break.
Edited by Cozzene on 12/6/2011 1:11 PM PST
90 Orc Warrior
1. Use alts!
A. This one was posted by an MVP. Is it blizzard's position that we have to use 10+ ALTS in order to accomplish something on a main?

You don't understand what an MVP is if you're implying that they represent Blizzard's position. They're veteran forum posters that have been recognized for knowledge, input, and general helpful posting.

Secondly, I missed the blue post that said "Old gear replicas will be available from DMF and the ability to buy the full set will be immediately available." Since transmogrification has been announced I've been trying to farm the shield off of Nightbane, still no luck. I don't think it's too much saying getting a full set of old gear taking a few months is ridiculous. I think your demand for getting what you want now, rather than working for it, is absurd.
14 Night Elf Hunter
@Mouthwash: You said it. "allegedly". I believe it when I see it. Blizz has said to many things that didn't become true. That's why I start with mounts first.

85 Gnome Mage

its lazy to say you dont wanna work to look the way you want too but im the fraud here right?

Working hard is fine. I work hard every day. Will I bust my hump for old gear and pets no one will ever see? No. Not at all. This isn't serious business. This is a FAIRE. If we were talking about actual upgrades and actual progression you might have a point.
Edited by Fizwick on 12/6/2011 1:11 PM PST
90 Orc Warrior
I already admitted i would like more tickets per day. But i also said that when i discovered how long it would by doing just dailies i did a little research and found how to farm the artifacts for more tickets per month. I decided to work harder for what i wanted, not cry that i want more for nothing.
Edited by Arkthan on 12/6/2011 1:13 PM PST
90 Troll Shaman
I /thread-ed the last one by simply stating that you don't know if the yellow quests will be available on every appearance of the faire, or not.

If they are, that means you can get a pet every time it appears.

The Darkmoon Faire article indicates that you are able to turn in an artifact (which it also says you do not have to go far to get) and do the profession quests once/month - thus we do know that they will be available.
Edited by Quintzaker on 12/6/2011 1:16 PM PST
86 Night Elf Hunter
its a known fact blizzard has the most lazy developers on the planet look at the old school mmo's like everquest wow is 7 years old when EQ was 7 years old they had twice the amount of expansions as wow with more then twice the content.

this is just another way for blizzard to be lazy and not have to do any work developing content if they can make you spend 6 months per item and a year getting set of appearance armor then they dont have to add any new sets or items for 6 mo to a year.
90 Dwarf Warrior
12/06/2011 01:10 PMPosted by Cozzene
To get any more, you have to be able to afford the blues or get lucky enough to win them. And frankly, they're 1800+g on my server, they're almost not worth it to turn in. I've had no luck getting them to drop in low level dungeons; 10 runs in RFC on my shammy and a couple here before I got bored and gave up yielded me nothing.

Woah so after ten 4 minute runs in RFC you got bored and gave up? How did you bring yourself to get the Argent Tournament pets with this kind of laser focus?

its a known fact blizzard has the most lazy developers on the planet look at the old school mmo's like everquest wow is 7 years old when EQ was 7 years old they had twice the amount of expansions as wow with more then twice the content.

this is just another way for blizzard to be lazy and not have to do any work developing content if they can make you spend 6 months per item and a year getting set of appearance armor then they dont have to add any new sets or items for 6 mo to a year.

Yeah man if only they could stop this "spending 6 months per item" stuff and ... learn the lessons of Everquest!?
Edited by Gulvak on 12/6/2011 1:15 PM PST
14 Night Elf Hunter
Nightbane. Is that the one in Kara? The red shield that flames fire? I love it. Drooped for my shaman.
Test Your Strength 10 tickets monthly.

Assuming you have all secondary professions, thats 6 more monthly quests, at 4 tickets each for primaries and 3 for secondaries; a total of 20 tickets.

There are the 5 faire games, which on live are now only rewarding 1 ticket each. 7 days times five tickets for another 35 tickets.

To get any more, you have to be able to afford the blues or get lucky enough to win them. And frankly, they're 1800+g on my server, they're almost not worth it to turn in.

As a pet/mount collector, I was looking forward to one pet per faire. Instead, I think I have all 6 pets taking 8 months. I get they don't want us to blast throgh the faire and never come back after our first 2, but give me a break.

you figure those 9 in and that 70 more tickets on top of that and there are lists that ive posted showing which bosses drop which blues to make it real simple bottom line is people are lazy whiners if they agree with op
100 Human Paladin
OP is J.G Wentworths long lost brother.

ITS MY ITAMZ! AND I WANT THEM NOW!
m sitting at 125, iirc, tickets. ive done all the quests, even the cash ins. my gf got the raid one and she gave it to me, she also said that her gm looted it, and she went to check the mob and she was able to loot it as well, i dont know if its a bug or not...

so today, tuesday, + wed, thurs, friday, sat, sunday(?) idk, its 25-30 more tickets i can muster, putting me at 150 or 155. in just 1 week

i also heard you win 5 tickets per chest (arena thing every 3 hours)? i dont know if this is true...

So if i get 150 a week/month, and im able to run in all the artifacts next month, which i doubt. thats A LOT of tickets...

Well see...

gratz to you dude glad to see some non whiners in here
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]