Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

90 Night Elf Death Knight
The argument is kind of funny.
12/06/2011 01:35 PMPosted by Dragomir
a game that's supposed to be fun

Really though, to be fair, this game is only supposed to be fun ENOUGH to keep you playing. The company uses reward systems like this to keep you subscribed. They could care less if you play, and even less if you enjoy it as long as you are subscribed. A perfect example is the shiny horse you got for agreeing to keep your account active for a year. Blizzard doesn't care if the game is the best game you've ever played, they only care if it generates revenue. Offering shiny rewards that take a rediculous amount of time to aquire is proof possitive of their standpoint on that.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2011 01:28 PMPosted by Ziguld
Why do people always want everything, right now? Yes, it will take some time to get everything you want...

No-one is stomping their feet and screaming they want it now. If things where reverted to the way it was on PTR it would take five months via dailies to get the two mounts and six pets. Five months isn't exactly a short period of time. Even with the PTR numbers, it would be a slower grind than the Argent Tourney, which everyone loves to hate for how slow it is.

Having to pray to the RNG gods so you can complete your goals in seven to eight months or wait several years to complete completely cosmetic rewards is down right absurd.

I've farmed Crusader three times, and still visit the tournament occasionally. I still think the idea of spending a year on a set of cosmetic gear is insane. I can get raid gear in 2 weeks if I grind hard enough, but not the cosmetic sets from DMF. I can work 12 hours a day and still need months to complete something I could have potentially finished in weeks in BC/Wrath (RNG was a factor, but if it were almost perfect drop rates, a couple of weeks would have been enough time).

I don't mind working, but I'm not working that hard for a pretty dress in a video game. It's not fun, and that's what I'm here for. Fun. Work is fine as long as I feel rewarded for it.
85 Goblin Mage
I think Fizwick's argument is spot on. It's not the time spent to get the items, its that the items do not merit the time spent. It is one of the many time sinks blizzard is putting out recently to cleverly disguise the game as having more content than it actually does. 5 dailies you can do every day infinitely does not mean it has infinite amount of content.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
shut up your a dwarf QQ
90 Human Rogue
I get that's their business model, but with the addition of Dragon Soul, I believe that the potential rewards there are more than enough to keep players going than the annoyances posed by the DMF. Look at how long we were kept in FL without something like DMF by its side.

DMF isn't hard, or even a grind. It's just a useless length of time that poses as an annoyance and doesn't even give players the satisfaction of grinding through it.
90 Dwarf Warrior
12/06/2011 01:35 PMPosted by Dragomir
Question: Do you feel fulfilled after spending 5 minutes at the fair daily? I wouldn't mind if it was at least a challenge or engaged me for a period greater than five minutes a day. As it stands, I don't look forward to these dailies (five simple tasks all completable in well under a minute), and it will only grow more tiresome as the months drag on.

Then I don't know what to say ... maybe you should play something else? I'm looking forward to picking up the mounts and am using my alts to get the tokens for any transmog armor I might want. The games aren't totally horrible, I'm kind of happy they're low investment quick things instead of something like the Jousting mini-game.

If you went to a real carnival, would you save tickets from one month for the next time it was in town so you could get a bigger prize? Ask me if I care that this is a weak comparison. People like to be rewarded for mindless activities, I don't think this is wrong in a game that's supposed to be fun.

If you don't care that you're making crappy comparisons and bad points, why even continue to post? It seems like you feel the way you feel but have absolutely no eloquent way to express yourself or defend your opinions, you really shouldn't be part of a discussion with those qualifications.

Next you'll be saying that people who don't want to spend 5+ months waiting on the DMF to come around casuals. Because completing these dailies obviously makes you hardcore, right? You seem to be quite passionate in your defense of Blizzard. Not all they make is righteous.

I'm saying people who can't wait 5 months for a set of armor are playing the wrong game. Further it's not even a defense of blizzard, it's just that I cannot possibly agree with people who are making such piss poor arguments and complaints. Critique is something beautiful and laudable and you do it a disservice.

12/06/2011 01:43 PMPosted by Anarea
I still think the idea of spending a year on a set of cosmetic gear is insane.

Well then it's a good thing that claiming the replica sets take "a year" is a complete and utter fabrication!
Edited by Gulvak on 12/6/2011 1:45 PM PST
23 Blood Elf Hunter
hey bro im not sure about this but im pretty sure after server shutdown is over some of those areas in darmoon fairegrounds that where "under construction" will be revealed. also i think that these areas will yield better ticket gaining games that are repeateable? like maybe tournements on horses like the other event. also probably more dailies to do
I know, I know. Dwarves aren't people. Should I get on my troll?
12/06/2011 01:43 PMPosted by Anarea
idea of spending a year on a set of cosmetic gear is insane.

where are people coming up with a year per set you get aprox 140 per week thats 2 peices they are also boe do it on 2 toons lets say that half a set and one week there is no reason it should take you that long unless you not trying
100 Worgen Mage
12/06/2011 01:31 PMPosted by Krelil
Oh well. I guess I'm a whiner and you're a fanboy than. I think I'd rather be a whiner, though. At least my opinion is my own.
first im a fraud now im a fanboy? lol no i just know how to play and enjoy this game frankly i hate doing dailys everyday dmf mean i only have to once a month for a week id say thats much better then say doing tol barad day after day grinding those mounts out , id say its a lot more refreshing and ive seen it alot oooo the gear is over priced the mounts are appropriate , the gear is boe wanna know what that means you can buy it from someone else , so go buy some more gold like you probably do and just buy these items that you want nownownow and keep being lazy about it

Judging by your grammar and sentence structure, I'd say you're in college by now. :-P
Seriously though, are you 12 years old or thereabouts? Every post I've read of yours in this thread has a certain lack of age/wisdom to it. We older folks can generally tell when a kid is posting versus an adult, mostly because their thoughts come out as a stream of garbage in print...
23 Blood Elf Hunter
Thats so true lol

Judging by your grammar and sentence structure, I'd say you're in college by now. :-P
Seriously though, are you 12 years old or thereabouts? Every post I've read of yours in this thread has a certain lack of age/wisdom to it. We older folks can generally tell when a kid is posting versus an adult, mostly because their thoughts come out as a stream of garbage in print...

i know i know my grammar is awful but ouch :(
Edited by Krelil on 12/6/2011 1:49 PM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior

The most prominent aspect of a mature adult is their unavoidable desire to call out 12 year olds on an internet forum about video games.
90 Human Rogue
Critique is something beautiful and laudable and you do it a disservice.

I still think the idea of spending a year on a set of cosmetic gear is insane.

Well then it's a good thing that claiming the replica sets take "a year" is a complete and utter fabrication!

Critique is not my job, nor is Warcraft, though it seems to be yours. Also, nitpicking doesn't really help your case. If people wish to farm a set of gear and all DMF pets/mounts, it'll take well over a year. Stop making small points and personal attacks to try and defend Blizzard, sir. I'm merely trying to convey that this concept (the DMF) is not 'fun'. Don't take it personally.
100 Gnome Warrior
On the first day I did:
the 5 games, mining, skinning, first aid, cooking, fishing, archaeology, kill 250 guys quest

Ended the day with 40 tickets. (might have been 45 but I can't check, the servers are down)
Day two I did the 5 games for five more tickets.

These dungeon quest items, what instance drops them?
I have the Darkmoon book in my bags, and helped a few friends with four Northland dungeons, but never seen any item drop.

I'm hoping to get a pet a month but currently I'll only have 70/90 when the event ends.
85 Troll Warrior
12/06/2011 01:43 PMPosted by Krelil
shut up your a dwarf QQ

Better now?
On the first day I did:
the 5 games, mining, skinning, first aid, cooking, fishing, archaeology, kill 250 guys quest

Ended the day with 40 tickets. (might have been 45 but I can't check, the servers are down)
Day two I did the 5 games for five more tickets.

These dungeon quest items, what instance drops them?
I have the Darkmoon book in my bags, and helped a few friends with four Northland dungeons, but never seen any item drop.

I'm hoping to get a pet a month but currently I'll only have 70/90 when the event ends.

Mysterious Grimoire from Darkmaster Gandling in Scholomance
Mysterious Grimoire from Hydromancer Velratha in Zul'Farrak
Mysterious Grimoire from Jammal'an the Prophet in Sunken Temple
Mysterious Grimoire from Arcanist Doan in Scarlet Monastery - Library part

Monstrous Egg from Nerub'enkan in Stratholme
Monstrous Egg from Gahz'rilla in Zul'Farrak
Monstrous Egg from Skadi the Ruthless in Utgarde Pinnacle - Same boss who drop Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake *hint*
Monstrous Egg from Anub'arak in Azjol-Nerub
Monstrous Egg from Mutanus the Devourer in Wailing Caverns
Monstrous Egg from Cyanigosa in The Violet Hold

Imbued Crystal from Taragaman the Hungerer in Ragefire Chasm - Orgrimmar (Horde)
Imbued Crystal from Princess Theradras in Maraudon
Imbued Crystal from Balnazzar in Stratholme
Imbued Crystal from Ras Frostwhisper in Scholomance
Imbued Crystal from Ormorok the Tree-Shaper in The Nexus
Imbued Crystal from High Inquisitor Whitemane in Scarlet Monastery - Cathedral
Imbued Crystal from Queen Azshara in Well of Eternity - One of the new Heroics

Ornate Weapon from Herod in Scarlet Monastery
Ornate Weapon from Lord Aurius Rivendare in Stratholme
Ornate Weapon from Admiral Ripsnarl in The Deadmines
Ornate Weapon from Overlord Wyrmthalak in Blackrock Spire
Ornate Weapon from Randolph Moloch in The Stockade - Stormwind (Alliance)

A Treatise on Strategy from Commander Ulthok in Throne of the Tides - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from General Umbriss in Grim Batol - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Commander Springvale in Shadowfang Keep - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Admiral Ripsnarl in The Deadmines - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from General Husam in Lost City of the Tol'vir - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Rajh in Halls of Origination - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Slabhide in The Stonecore - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Grand Vizier Ertan in The Vortex Pinnacle - Heroic

not a complete list but accurate as of now
12/06/2011 01:51 PMPosted by Tuwah
Better now?
i should switch to mine just for the sake of being called one
90 Orc Death Knight
Just make the daylies repeatables, non-daylies like the grind for Argent Dawn. I think many people would be happy with that. But make the first time every daya bit more so that you do the others and your enjoying Blizzard content. There would still need to be a cap on the repeatables though....
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]