Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

90 Human Rogue
Low impact quick quests in a daily hub.
Lots of words for quick easy dailies that get boring after the first time.
Still not seeing what's fun about it, but good for you if you enjoy it.

I don't look forward to the DMF on a daily basis, and I will not look forward to it on a monthly basis, so, yes, it has failed. I see at something that I look forward to being done with.
90 Dwarf Warrior
Low impact quick quests in a daily hub.
Lots of words for quick easy dailies that get boring after the first time.
Still not seeing what's fun about it, but good for you if you enjoy it.

I don't look forward to the DMF on a daily basis, and I will not look forward to it on a monthly basis, so, yes, it has failed. I see at something that I look forward to being done with.

Then I don't know what to tell you. Buy a bike, get a dog, start writing in letters to the editor of your local news paper? I can't present and argument that will make you enjoy the game. I personally feel if I could get that bear in a very short amount of time (or the polar bear, green proto drake, blue proto drake, deathchager's reins, etc, etc) that the value of that thing would be diminished.

edit: and yeah they are quick easy dailies that might get boring, but I'll only be doing them one week out of the month, that gives them a lot more lasting time than dailies I do every day. Honestly on the PTR there were a lot more "high score" type achievements. Which I'd like to see. Quick shot stacks, and if you get lucky on the whack a mole you can get a very high score.
Edited by Gulvak on 12/6/2011 2:13 PM PST
90 Dwarf Rogue
Not quite related to the ticket discussion but it looks like the dailies don't give gold anymore.
85 Troll Warrior
12/06/2011 02:06 PMPosted by Dragomir
I don't look forward to the DMF on a daily basis

I have not done a single area's daily quests with the thought in my head of "Gee, I can't wait until I can log on and do this again tomorrow with all EIGHT of my capped toons!!!!" Quel'Danas sucked, there was a butt load of travel time to do the dailies that weren't on the island, the mobs would easily kill you if the island was low pop and if it was high pop you had to camp for kills. ToC sucked harder. The mounted quests were a pain in the butt if you had an even remotely laggy machine, and they were essentially the same quests every damned day. Not to mention the group quests that required you drag your friends along or beg in general chat. Firelands was a snorefest. When have dailies ever been a joy to do?
Community Manager
Thanks everyone for your feedback. To hopefully clear up some of the confusion over time investment vs reward costs we've broken down exactly how many tickets you can obtain in a single Darkmoon Faire week. The design intent of the Darkmoon Faire is that it’s available for one week out of the month, and in that one week we expect you to be able to obtain a significant amount of tickets. To clarify the OP’s point of how long it would take to obtain an entire set of cosmetic gear, the math presented was incorrect, and it would in fact only take 4 Darkmoon Faire weeks to complete an entire set. That’s of course still no quick task, and the intent is not for it to be. There are plenty of rewards that can be obtained in one or two weeks of the Darkmoon Faire, but we expect that an entire set will take a few events to obtain.

Here’s the breakdown:

Tickets Per Faire
    Dungeon: 40
    Heroic Dungeon: 15
    Raid: 10
    Tradeskill quests (primary): 8
    Tradeskill quests (secondary): 12
    BGs: 15
    Kill Quest: 10
    Mini Games*: 35

Total Tickets per faire: 145

* 5 mini games, available daily: 7*5=35

Darkmoon Treasure Chest: 5

Every three hours starting at midnight you can loot five tickets from the treasure chest that spawns inside the Darkmoon deathmatch arena. You can gain quite a few additional tickets this way, bolstering your monthly total by a large amount (potentially 240 additional tickets).

As an example (excluding the treasure chest), here are some options that you can choose over the course of two Darkmoon Faires (2 weeks over 2 months):

• Prioritizing mounts/pets: 1 mount + 1 pet, with 20 tickets to spare
  • Prioritizing pets: 3 pets, 20 tickets to spare
  • Prioritizing cosmetic armor: 4 pieces of cosmetic armor, with 30 tickets to spare
  • Prioritizing heirloom armor: 1 piece of heirloom armor + 1 heirloom weapon, with 20 tickets to spare
  • Keeping all of this in mind we don’t feel the current ticket acquisition rates or reward costs are out of hand, but we’re interested to hear your thoughts after reading this information and considering the longevity of the content, as well as the ‘once a month’ format of the faire. We’ll be continually evaluating it, and we’re looking forward to incorporating more goodies to be won, and more activities to the faire, in the future.

Please ensure you read this followup before replying: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441916?page=30#596
      Edited by Bashiok on 12/12/2011 9:52 AM PST
      85 Troll Warrior
      Ahahahahaha, and Mr. My Math Is Perfect is proven wrong by a GM. I love you Bashiok, have my babies.
      90 Blood Elf Warrior
      Thanks everyone for your feedback. To hopefully clear up some of the confusion over time investment vs reward costs we've broken down exactly how many tickets you can obtain in a single Darkmoon Faire week. The design intent of the Darkmoon Faire is that it’s available for one week out of the month, and in that one week we expect you to be able to obtain a significant amount of tickets. To clarify the OP’s point of how long it would take to obtain an entire set of cosmetic gear, the math presented was incorrect, and it would in fact only take 4 Darkmoon Faire weeks to complete an entire set. That’s of course still no quick task, and the intent is not for it to be. There are plenty of rewards that can be obtained in one or two weeks of the Darkmoon Faire, but we expect that an entire set will take a few events to obtain.

Here’s the breakdown:

Tickets Per Faire
        Dungeon: 40
        Heroic Dungeon: 15
        Raid: 10
        Tradeskill quests (primary): 8
        Tradeskill quests (secondary): 12
        BGs: 15
        Kill Quest: 10
        Mini Games*: 35

Total Tickets per faire: 145

* 5 mini games, available daily: 7*5=35

As an example, here are some options that you can choose over the course of two Darkmoon Faires (2 weeks over 2 months):

• Prioritizing mounts/pets: 1 mount + 1 pet, with 20 tickets to spare
    • Prioritizing pets: 3 pets, 20 tickets to spare
    • Prioritizing cosmetic armor: 4 pieces of cosmetic armor, with 30 tickets to spare
    • Prioritizing heirloom armor: 1 piece of heirloom armor + 1 heirloom weapon, with 20 tickets to spare
    • Keeping all of this in mind we don’t feel the current ticket acquisition rates or reward costs are out of hand, but we’re interested to hear your thoughts after reading this information and considering the longevity of the content, as well as the ‘once a month’ format of the faire. We’ll be continually evaluating it, and we’re looking forward to incorporating more goodies to be won, and more activities to the faire, in the future.

The original armor did not take me more than 2 months to complete.
      90 Human Paladin
      good to see blizz isn't giving in to reducing the costs.
      90 Dwarf Warrior
      12/06/2011 02:24 PMPosted by Michela

Well you should have finished it up back then!

edit: and we are not talking two months, it's a month and a week. Why does everyone who wants this changed feel the need to twist things so much?
      Edited by Gulvak on 12/6/2011 2:27 PM PST
      so per dunegon 40 or what?
      Community Manager
      12/06/2011 02:24 PMPosted by Michela

We're not attempting to recreate the time investment that was originally seen to obtain these items when they were relevant. They exist for transmogrification/customization choices, not necessary power increase requirements to be able to progress your character.

If they were part of a progression path we'd definitely look at the acquisition rates and standardize them, but as they're show-off pieces the acquisition rate is usually gated a little higher so that the appeal and worth of showing them off remains high.
      Edited by Bashiok on 12/6/2011 2:29 PM PST
      90 Human Warlock
      12/06/2011 02:27 PMPosted by Bashiok
      We're not attempting to recreate the time investment that was originally seen to obtain these items when they were relevant. They exist for transmogrification/customization choices, not necessary power increase requirements to be able to progress your character.

A transmoggable gas mask should totally be added to the vendors.

:D?
      1 Undead Warrior
      This is including the rare dungeon drops that you have to win the roll on to get the quest item. I would agree with the math if it were 100% chance of getting those drops each fair.
      I bought the "Darkmoon Sword" and i can attack with it... which i think is kind of dumb.
      90 Human Rogue
      12/06/2011 02:09 PMPosted by Gulvak
      edit: and yeah they are quick easy dailies that might get boring, but I'll only be doing them one week out of the month, that gives them a lot more lasting time than dailies I do every day. Honestly on the PTR there were a lot more "high score" type achievements. Which I'd like to see. Quick shot stacks, and if you get lucky on the whack a mole you can get a very high score.

Now, see, I didn't play the PTR, but this is definitely something they should've kept.
      90 Dwarf Warrior
      12/06/2011 02:28 PMPosted by Supahmen
      This is including the rare dungeon drops that you have to win the roll on to get the quest item. I would agree with the math if it were 100% chance of getting those drops each fair.

Try to remember that, this first week withstanding, you have an entire month to get your hands on these and you can get them in any dungeon. The availability of them will drive down the AH value and in turn make them more accessible to you WITHOUT the farming.

12/06/2011 02:29 PMPosted by Dragomir
      Now, see, I didn't play the PTR, but this is definitely something they should've kept.

I might be wrong but I remember being mad because I couldn't do the mole whacker one.
      Edited by Gulvak on 12/6/2011 2:32 PM PST
      85 Gnome Rogue
      My only issue is the 40 per dungeon. If I'm not lucky enough to win the 4 things I need, I'm out the tickets.
      This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
      Explain (256 characters max)
      Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]