Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

90 Human Paladin
This is a subscription based game, thinking Blizzard would just let you durp your way to all the transmog gear you want in a week and be done with it is quite foolish and would be even more foolish for Blizzard to let such content be gobbled up as fast.

Yeah, it is a subscription based game. And why do you think I want that replica armor? To have it and let it sit in my bags while I unsub? I want it so I could play while wearing it. I want to be able to mail it to a level 1 alt and transmogrify his gear as he levels so he maintains the same look throughout the leveling process. And this might come as a shocker to you, but...

...as I level my alt? I'm going to have to maintain a subscription. *gasp* Amazing, right?

This has only had the reverse effect on me. I wanted the replica armor for the sake of leveling alts, NOT for the sake of trying to get it. If it's a choice between going to the Darkmoon Faire or leveling an alt, I'd rather be leveling an alt. And if I can't level an alt in the gear I want him to have, then my interest in leveling that alt in the first place just dropped big time. Replica armor held out the promise of adding something new visually to my leveling experience. Leveling from 1-80 while not looking like a hobo who got a bunch of handouts from the Goodwill? Fantastic.. but apparently it's something I can only experience after four months. Yeah, no thank you.
Edited by Breuse on 12/6/2011 3:19 PM PST
90 Worgen Hunter
Prioritizing Pets and the the mounts.
5 months for the 7 pets, is pretty insane. (95 left over)
2 more months for the mounts. (5 left over)

And this requires you to do everything each time the fiar is around. If you missed out on a day of dailies, or any of the quest items. Bye bye another month..

Talk about a timesink. minimum of 7 months to have the pets + mounts.

I'd love if the items were BoA instead of BoP, I'd be more than happy to do everything onmy alt as well. So I can go back to focusing on other parts of the game :)
Edited by Tivoli on 12/6/2011 3:19 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/06/2011 02:18 PMPosted by Bashiok
We’ll be continually evaluating it, and we’re looking forward to incorporating more goodies to be won, and more activities to the faire, in the future.

Thanks, Bashiok, as always. Just thought I would bring this here (from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441210 ) since you are popping in:

Ferris Wheel (Darkmoon Faire-is Wheel)
Bounce House
Bumper Cars
ROLLER COASTER
SKEE Ball
Dunk Tank
Zip Line
Haunted House
Putt Putt / Mini Golf
Tunnel of Love

There is SO much island to be violated, erm, utilized. :)
Edited by Leamond on 12/6/2011 3:20 PM PST
85 Gnome Mage
The truth is that the more people that have to pull out formulas, calculators and charts to prove anything about this issue the more they prove the point of the OP and those of us who don't like the DMF as it is. It's not fun. Math is not fun. Grinding for 4 months or 45 months for non upgrades and non essential stuff is not fun. Having to PvP or run dungeons to participate in a Faire is not fun. The investment is not worth the reward. It really is that simple.
85 Troll Warrior
12/06/2011 03:13 PMPosted by Breuse
But I'm seriously expected to put in a years worth of grinding, in which I can't afford to miss a single day or a single drop whenever the Darkmoon Faire is in town, in order to just have the slight benefit of having three nice looking level one alts?

What you're failing to realize is that these sets are not just for level one alts. It's to transmog your capped toon's gear as well. It doesn't really matter, you can't please everyone.
90 Tauren Druid
Like the original faire, I'm going to skip it.
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
The dungeons aren't AS bad as some of you portray, you can farm 2 of the objects in ZF solo, 1 in stormwind stockaid 1 in ragefie chasm, only ONE of them is from cata heroics. That one still sucks to get, but the rest you can get solo within an couple hours.

the raid one seems to be 100% drop and drops for EVERYONE in the group.

now that i like. if the dungeon ones just dropped for everyone in group, it'd simply solve the problem all together where you could complete them more reasonably in cata dungeons instead of spam runing low level instances til you're locked for an hour.
1 Human Rogue
Please add a purchasable pony mount.

Thank you.
85 Human Paladin
It's not a sweat shop, folks (at least not for the players). It's a video game and a business. They need to keep customers playing in order to make money. I wish I could solo everything within a year, too, but I understand why the game isn't designed that way. Anyone who doesn't think they're getting way more than they paid for should research how much a Sears Pong system cost 35 years ago, lol.

90 Human Warrior
>play an MMO
>cry about a grind

what.

I don't see this as a grind. I see this as another way to keep people playing month to month. A grind would have been far preferrable.

Keep those subscriptions rolling in so they can complain about "not enough resources" to update models, have player housing, etc etc.

$150,000,000 a month is really very limiting.

>.>
<.<

lol
Edited by Musashi on 12/6/2011 3:27 PM PST
85 Night Elf Priest
Plainex here to break the ice...

Hey qt's ;) why so serious?
85 Human Death Knight
12/06/2011 03:11 PMPosted by Arkthan
It's 3 years - little over 37 months to acquire every single mount and pet in the game. It's 5 years to acquire at least 2 image copies of the dungeon set 1 and 2 in the game (appropriate to your class).

Sorry you failed at math again. 1420 tickets for 6 pets, 2 mounts, one set of gear. You dont need both but throw a second set in and you have 3 more months. thats a 13 month plan.

Actually you did forget a few things. But you are right, I miscounted (I applied some of the heirloom weapons by accident which gave a significant boost) with a perfect record of 145 tickets you can obtain all the items you want in 15-16 months.

But.... that is with a perfect record of 145 tickets, and so far I don't see that happening at all.
85 Troll Warrior
12/06/2011 03:21 PMPosted by Fizwick
Math is not fun.

Considering there are number puzzles that profit off the exact opposite concept as this, I'd have to disagree with you. Maybe math is not fun for you, that does not speak for everyone. I rather enjoy math. You know what I don't enjoy? American history. It's terribly boring to me. There are loads of people who love the crap out of it. Does my hatred for it lessen their enjoyment? Nope. Speak for yourself. I rather applaud a game that basically requires its players to know math to an extent. Let's please continue to force our nation's youth to know how to count. Please.
85 Human Death Knight
The dungeons aren't AS bad as some of you portray, you can farm 2 of the objects in ZF solo, 1 in stormwind stockaid 1 in ragefie chasm, only ONE of them is from cata heroics. That one still sucks to get, but the rest you can get solo within an couple hours.

the raid one seems to be 100% drop and drops for EVERYONE in the group.

now that i like. if the dungeon ones just dropped for everyone in group, it'd simply solve the problem all together where you could complete them more reasonably in cata dungeons instead of spam runing low level instances til you're locked for an hour.

I just ran stocks with my friend, 5 times. Not a single drop. Now on 1 hour cooldown. Please stop lying about the drop rate.

Was there like an APB from Blizz asking all you MVPs to come in here and give false positives on drop rates?

They are rare drop rates. They are on the rare drop rate table (except the raid drops). That's a 10% drop table.
90 Draenei Shaman
Tickets Per Faire

Dungeon: 40
Heroic Dungeon: 15
Raid: 10
Tradeskill quests (primary): 8
Tradeskill quests (secondary): 12
BGs: 15
Kill Quest: 10
Mini Games*: 35

Total Tickets per faire: 145

My issue with the above is that only 65 of these tickets are guaranteed through work. The Dungeon/Heroic/Raid/BGs are all RNG based.

After the launch of the faire I killed 2 of the Dragon Soul raid bosses and ran 4 heroic dungeons (including one of the new heroics). I didn't get any DMF drops, nor did anyone in my groups. I know multiple people had the DMF adventure guide (or whatever it's called).

It'd be nice if the drop rate was better clarified so we know what needs to be done to get the extra tickets. Also, do we have to do all this activity during DMF week, or so long as we have the journal can we run dungeons and such later in the month, then cash in the next time the faire rolls around? Even then, the RNG has me doubtful that I'll get more than 100 tickets/month with my luck.
19 Human Warrior
12/06/2011 02:18 PMPosted by Bashiok
* 5 mini games, available daily: 7*5=35

As one ticket per game is intended, could the questgivers stop telling us they're rewarding more than that?

http://i44.tinypic.com/24l807k.jpg
90 Orc Warrior
12/06/2011 03:27 PMPosted by Elineé
But.... that is with a perfect record of 145 tickets, and so far I don't see that happening at all.

Its going to happen for me, because i put out the effort for it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]