Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

90 Orc Warrior
You are quoting me so i know you are reading my posts so im going to quote one of my own since you didnt seem to notice it.

1. Use alts
8 toons can get one set of vanity gear a week with work. When they make pets account wide in MoP then you will get all the pets on each toon if you get a different pet on each toon now

Now this will take the 8 months you are using as your bench mark IF you want all 8 toons to have a set of this gear. Otherwise you are looking at 4 months, maybe 3 if you get a lot of the artifacts.

I dont think my getting 5 artifacts yesterday was luck, i think it was work. And i will again work at it next month and again get plenty of artifacts.
Edited by Arkthan on 12/6/2011 8:07 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Mage
God forbid anyone actually has to work for something unique in this game anymore.

"BUT I WANT IT NOW!"

Go pack up your tents, grab you hipster blankets, and go occupy Darkmoon Faire.

This kind of reaction is unbelievable, and pretty pathetic.

I will grind the dailies once a month, hit up some of the quests, and one day, I will get a cool mount that people will say "Holy Hell that is cool because it takes forever to get one. Cheers to you, mate!" or a gear set that looks exactly like the one I wore for 85 levels as an alt. Yea, that is cool too! /sigh

No one wants to work for anything anymore. While we are at it, can we please shorten the time it takes to get the Long Strange Trip achievement? I think I am entitled to getting it in a day.
Edited by Kañe on 12/6/2011 8:07 AM PST
They should definitely reduce the prices on the replica armor sets. It's unbelievable how expensive they are, especially considering that they're not really useful unless you get all eight pieces. But even if you drop a piece or two, like the bracers, it'll STILL take a ridiculously long time to get one suit. And what if you want two sets? Or three? Or four?

We're not talking about gear equivalent to the loot Deathwing drops. We're talking about replica armor whose only purpose is for transmogrification. It has no gameplay value whatsoever, so why not make it cheaper so that those of use who'd like to get full sets to match the BOA's our lower level alts are using can complete those looks, or have wholly different looks?
1. Use alts
8 toons can get one set of vanity gear a week with work. When they make pets account wide in MoP then you will get all the pets on each toon if you get a different pet on each toon now.

2. You dont need this
You dont really, there are tons of options for transmoging gear. People asked for this and blizzard put it back. They didnt have to.

3. They are just vanity items
Yes they are vanity items, they arent needed to progress your character raiding or in pvp. they are for cosmetic use and arent needed immediately.

4. Fun things require work
This whole game requires work. The amount of effort you put into the game is equal to the amount of rewards you get from it.

5. You can get 100 tickets a day
Yes you can get 100 tickets a day once a month but that would require lots of effort that day or deep pockets and all the items in the AH. Farm Scarlet Monastery till you get the instance lockout and call it a day. Go back daily till you get the artifacts you need. Queue up and do some BGs. I did three AVs last night in an hour and got two of the artifacts from there.

This game has always been about grinds. There is very little you can get in this game from logging on only.
You arent being forced to do this unless you are a pet and mount collector. These things are optional.
I am also not crazy about one ticket per game per day, but i did some research and found a way to maximize my ticket gain. Ill have all the rewards in four months max, something that people in the other thread said was an acceptable time frame for getting all the rewards. Ive yet to see an arguement crying for more tickets that is valid.

+1

Can these threads stop now?
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
for all those people crying RNG on the stuff like the artifact drops there is already fully compiled lists of what bosses drop what items and its more along the lines of 70%. shannox for one has a guaranteed drop , so please stop crying about how farming is hard and do a little research, also on a side not no one says you have to farm on your 85 , im currently leveling another toon and just went and picked up the book so i would see those drops as i level.... so not hard and you should be able to get a pet per month or maybe a mount
85 Human Death Knight
You are quoting me so i know you are reading my posts so im going to quote one of my own since you didnt seem to notice it.

[quote]1. Use alts
8 toons can get one set of vanity gear a week with work. When they make pets account wide in MoP then you will get all the pets on each toon if you get a different pet on each toon now

Now this will take the 8 months you are using as your bench mark IF you want all 8 toons to have a set of this gear. Otherwise you are looking at 4 months, maybe 3 if you get a lot of the artifacts.

I have more than one alt that needs stuff from this festival. So your argument of "use alts" is intolerable and unjustified.

[quote]I dont think my getting 5 artifacts yesterday was luck, i think it was work. And i will again work at it next month and again get plenty of artifacts.

I know you don't think that, that's because you didn't do your math.

You got lucky. You played the slot machine. This is a "carnival" and the rewards are aesthetic reintroductions of armor that was removed from laziness - blizzard admitted they removed the items because they didn't feel like redesigning them to fit with the new level schemes of the dungeons. It is intolerable that you or anyone else would think it's justified to tell people to use alts and farm for 8 hours a day every day for a week - once per month - just to meet a ticket quota that shouldn't have been so skewed between PTR and Live.

This is a failure of an implementation, and unjustified on every level.

To the other poster:
12/06/2011 08:08 AMPosted by Krelil
for all those people crying RNG on the stuff like the artifact drops there is already fully compiled lists of what bosses drop what items and its more along the lines of 70%. shannox for one has a guaranteed drop ,

You are wrong and you just proved yourself wrong in your own post.

1. Non raid boss drops are 10%, because that's what rare drops are from non raid bosses.
2. Raid bosses have different % of drops based on the number of people. You quoted a raid boss because you don't understand the difference of raid bosses and non raid bosses. In a 10 man you will only "likely" see the item "maybe" 7 out of 10 kills - I know for a fact it's less than 70% and you were lying through your teeth. But I'll humor you and use your stats. Do you realize that statistically that's less than % per kill? Do you? You have 10 people in a 10 man raid. Divide 7 by 10, and then divide that number again. That's a 7% chance you MIGHT win the roll on THAT drop. For 25 man it's even worse, it's less than 2% functional chance you will receive one of these blue rare drops. Raid lockouts are once a week. So you've got even less of a chance when you kill raid bosses than with anything else.

You didn't do your math. You're trying to debunk the 10% drop rate, and yet you, yourself didn't take the time to calculate out against the number of people in the group and how likely it is you'll see the item against how likely it is you will obtain said item.

Once again, someone who used that argument has been proven wrong.
Edited by Elineé on 12/6/2011 8:16 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
There are pavilions that are blocked off and say "under construction" or w/e. This means they will add things as time goes by which is brilliant on blizz's behalf. The obvious reason that they limit the amount of tickets you can get is to prevent the new DMF to fizzle out like the old one did. Not a hard concept to understand.
Edited by Ðudash on 12/6/2011 8:11 AM PST
85 Draenei Priest
some toons are not set up with pvp in mind. this priest was set up by me to be a raid / dungeon heal.with the ticket system as it is the mount i want will take so long to get its not worth it. time wise and just not any fun.I play this game to forget some of my physical pain.It keeps me busy.It its not fun to play its not worth playing bottom line.I dont know why wow/blizzard did to the dungeonfinder for heroics that they did. 90 percent of the time that i que for a cata heroic i get a twilight heroic instead. because of this i dont play my main healer as much its not worth it.I have no choice useing the dungeon finder as to which dungeons i do.Even though cata heroic and twighlight dungeons are listed seperatly. most of the time when i que for a cata heroic to help a friend it puts us in a twight dungeon. thats bs and has really pissed me off.I pay to play this game I should be able to have some control besides using the specific dungeon finder part. the are listed seperate they should be seperate. if bliss cant fix this bs with the tickets and dungeons i will not be playing my heals and i will probly frezz my toons level to 80 that wont be much fun so ill find some other game and it wont be a blizzard game
90 Human Paladin
We're talking about the Dark Moon Faire, right? A FAIR? Meaning it comes once a month for a week...so doesn't it make sense that Blizzard is making the items/rewards the way they did so you have a reason to keep going each month?

If you can complete the whole event in 1 week, what's the point of doing it monthly? I don't understand the crying over this. As others have mentioned, there are plenty of other ways to collect transmog gear, many many other vanity pets in the game (OP, i see you are missing a staggering 104 vanity pets, maybe go do the other in game events that have pets) and mounts (Again OP, you're missing quite a few of these as well that are farmable) leaving you with plenty of other places to farm similar items as these "oh so hard to get" Dark Moon Faire items while you're waiting for it to return next month.
90 Troll Shaman
Well you can get well over 100 tickets a day.
How? On the first day you can get the profession quests, but only once per month(Assuming they are avaialable again at all next month).

I have no intention of farming low level dungeons for tickets, or anything else.

I want the minipets and maybe one or both of the mounts. Three years is too long to grind anything, and makes me seriously consider quitting. I left when the brew of the year achieve was required for the long strange trip meta, and that was only 1 year.

5 tickets each Deathmatch loot 8 times a day (that's 40/day). The profession quests 20 for the faire week (unless you're crazy enough to drop a prof, get a new prof, skill that to 75). Daily quests 5/day. Up to 80 only per month from artifacts.

All in all, the maximum I'd say is 280 (Deathmatch)+140 (dailies, monthly profession and monthly artifact quests) per faire week. (Yes I do say monthly and not one-time). "Test Your Strength" - I don't know if that is monthly. "The Darkmoon Faire" is one time (5 tickets)
Edited by Quintzaker on 12/6/2011 8:14 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
I managed to get my first companion pet yesturday, without too much of a grindy feel. But if that is the rate, it will take me 5 months to get them all and another 4 months to get both mounts, before I even consider getting the toys. I was able to get 95 tickets but with the dungeons per hour lock including raids, it is dangerous. Do it wrong and you may miss your raid time -.-
90 Blood Elf Hunter

yeah, the math was simple. 2+2= A bunch of angry mobs because they can't get 4 vanity pets with a daily system in less than 24hrs. A bunch of angry mobs, because they can't get a statless set from Vanilla in 24hrs or less.

If the items were still available for drops in those dungeons you WOULD be able to get them in 24hrs at lvl 85. So why is it fair when you pay to play this game and get NEW content for Blizz to take the items people want for transmog/rp and recycle them into a daily system that takes u longer to get the items than it did at lvl 60?

You did notice that the dungeons that dropped those sets were changed around to reflect the Cataclysm change? They took out the sets due to having to rechange the level requirements for them. They had other reasons, im sure of it, but i forget where this was posted.

The new sets are the same, but statless. They are VANITY set pieces. I ground out a few tickets and got the Shadowcraft boots. I want the shoulders, am doing the dailies to gain more tickets, but am i worried about not getting them within a certain time frame? No. The Faire will be back in a few weeks and i can resume gathering tickets. Its a fun way for me to kill time. I don't want to get everything only to go back to Org and AFK with you and your guild. I want to raid, play my alts, do stuff you know?
90 Orc Warrior
Im not a big pvp player, check my achievements, but to get the drops from pvp you dont have to be. Go in and loot bodies. If anyone tells you your gear sucks tell them thats why you are pvping, to get better gear.

You got lucky. You played the slot machine. This is a "carnival" and the rewards are aesthetic reintroductions of armor that was removed from laziness - blizzard admitted they removed the items because they didn't feel like redesigning them to fit with the new level schemes of the dungeons. It is intolerable that you or anyone else would think it's justified to tell people to use alts and farm for 8 hours a day every day for a week - once per month - just to meet a ticket quota that shouldn't have been so skewed

im pretty sure what they actually said is we removed these sets cause it would be trivial to run all these old dungeons for sets on your 85, so your really the lazy one QQing about how YOU have to work now
85 Orc Shaman
Agree with the OP - reduce the ticket costs

you know im not gonna complain against this let me get more then one pet or mount per month
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Do you honestly think that's not a bug or possible exploit, and even if it isn't, do you actually think that's a legitimate way to implement a daily hub? Go into scarlet Monastery at level 85 and kill Doan, Herod and Whitemane 5 times every hour every hour for 8 hours just to get an extra dungeon drop? You actually think that's not a poke in the eye? I was expecting a CARNIE oriented festival. Something which is "fun". Farming old world dungeons in order to kill 60-80 bosses does not qualify as an enjoyable daily hub.

You are so extremely stupidly wrong. I went to Firelands, i died on trash, ran back. Shannox was sparkly. I looted him, and he gave me a quest turn in. I did some BC dungeons to get some old drops, and one dropped off an instance in Auchindoun.

You are just complaining to complain. Enough of this already.
85 Human Death Knight
If you can complete the whole event in 1 week,

I want to know what is going through the minds of people such as yours when you:

1. refuse to read others posts.
2. refuse to acknowledge we're asking for 3-4 months to collect full sets of the aesthetic gear instead of 7-12 (and then mounts and pets are estimated to go up to a year and a half).
3. insist on claiming we're demanding everything in the first week.

Are you pretending to be ignorant or are you choosing to be ignorant? Because you are IGNORING what we are saying in order to CREATE A STRAW MAN that has NO BASIS in REALITY.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]