Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

90 Orc Warrior
2. refuse to acknowledge we're asking for 3-4 months to collect full sets of the aesthetic gear instead of 7-12 (and then mounts and pets are estimated to go up to a year and a half).

Ive told you twice how to get all the mounts and pets in 4 months, plus full sets of gear for four toons. That you choose to not do the maximum amount that is needed to get these does not make the game wrong and us ignorant. It makes you wrong and you ignorant.
85 Human Death Knight
12/06/2011 08:19 AMPosted by Yàmaha
Do you honestly think that's not a bug or possible exploit, and even if it isn't, do you actually think that's a legitimate way to implement a daily hub? Go into scarlet Monastery at level 85 and kill Doan, Herod and Whitemane 5 times every hour every hour for 8 hours just to get an extra dungeon drop? You actually think that's not a poke in the eye? I was expecting a CARNIE oriented festival. Something which is "fun". Farming old world dungeons in order to kill 60-80 bosses does not qualify as an enjoyable daily hub.

You are so extremely stupidly wrong. I went to Firelands, i died on trash, ran back. Shannox was sparkly. I looted him, and he gave me a quest turn in. I did some BC dungeons to get some old drops, and one dropped off an instance in Auchindoun.

You are just complaining to complain. Enough of this already.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441916?page=3#47

Your Shannox example is mathematically ignorant and not within the bounds of reality. YOU - one person out of 10 or one person out of 20 managed to get a drop that was legitimately a 50% rare drop table (if it was 10 man) or 60% (if it was 25 man), and you out of 10 or 25 people got lucky. The other 9 or 24 people did NOT get lucky and are locked out of the raid for a full week. 9 out of 24 people experienced a 0% drop/win rate, not 100% as you and the others are trying to argue.

Do you not see how your example is mathematically ignorant now? Or are you soloing Shannox? In which case, that is an exploit.

12/06/2011 08:22 AMPosted by Arkthan
2. refuse to acknowledge we're asking for 3-4 months to collect full sets of the aesthetic gear instead of 7-12 (and then mounts and pets are estimated to go up to a year and a half).

Ive told you twice how to get all the mounts and pets in 4 months, plus full sets of gear for four toons. That you choose to not do the maximum amount that is needed to get these does not make the game wrong and us ignorant. It makes you wrong and you ig/norant.

and I explained to you 3 times how your explanations are both completely lacking any legitimate statistical backing, and unjustifiable for the implementation of this fair event. You ignore my explanations and continue to build straw mans while trying to back it up with your own "luck" at the RNG.
Edited by Elineé on 12/6/2011 8:25 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Are you pretending to be ignorant or are you choosing to be ignorant? Because you are IGNORING what we are saying in order to CREATE A STRAW MAN that has NO BASIS in REALITY.

With the aesthetics of the Faire being solely catered around vanity, you guys are being vain in the ways you complain. Some are saying you got slapped in the face by having to go to Scarlet Monastery. You can do it in other dungeons, just loot the damn bodies. You don't have to solo old content just to get something.

BC dungeons drop those relic artifacts.
Cata dungeons drop the relic artifacts.

You just have to loot bosses.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/06/2011 08:19 AMPosted by Elineé
If you can complete the whole event in 1 week,

I want to know what is going through the minds of people such as yours when you:

1. refuse to read others posts.
3. insist on claiming we're demanding everything in the first week.

Are you pretending to be ignorant or are you choosing to be ignorant? Because you are IGNORING what we are saying in order to CREATE A STRAW MAN that has NO BASIS in REALITY.

no you really do just want everything at once its called priority do you really want that transmog set or would you rather have the mount first i dont think your getting that
90 Troll Shaman
12/06/2011 08:19 AMPosted by Yàmaha
Do you honestly think that's not a bug or possible exploit, and even if it isn't, do you actually think that's a legitimate way to implement a daily hub? Go into scarlet Monastery at level 85 and kill Doan, Herod and Whitemane 5 times every hour every hour for 8 hours just to get an extra dungeon drop? You actually think that's not a poke in the eye? I was expecting a CARNIE oriented festival. Something which is "fun". Farming old world dungeons in order to kill 60-80 bosses does not qualify as an enjoyable daily hub.

You are so extremely stupidly wrong. I went to Firelands, i died on trash, ran back. Shannox was sparkly. I looted him, and he gave me a quest turn in. I did some BC dungeons to get some old drops, and one dropped off an instance in Auchindoun.

Only the quests that say "Requires Level 15" drop in lower dungeons. The quest that says "Requires Level 85" only drops in level 85 heroic dungeons (and gives more). They also are BoE, so even if they were more restricted.. what's to stop being from having "twinked" characters at the lower levels for each dungeon? Even Shendralar rep (the old rep required for "the Insane" feat) required doing stuff in specific lower level dungeons)
Edited by Quintzaker on 12/6/2011 8:25 AM PST
90 Worgen Death Knight
This can be fixed and also maintain blizzard stance on making them semi hard to complete by making the quest items that you find repeatable. so IF you want to spend gold to farm it all out in a few days you can, or if you want to farm instances for them yourself you can, or if you do not care you can just do daily quests. blizzard needs to bring back "grinds" and get rid of this crap of do "xx" number of daily quests for "xx" number of days and win. BRING BACK the old grinds that take 20-60 hrs to finish so that you can gauge your own progress as you the player sees fit
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/06/2011 08:23 AMPosted by Elineé

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441916?page=3#47

Your Shannox example is mathematically ignorant and not within the bounds of reality. YOU - one person out of 10 or one person out of 20 managed to get a drop that was legitimately a 50% rare drop table (if it was 10 man) or 60% (if it was 25 man), and you out of 10 or 25 people got lucky. The other 9 or 24 people did NOT get lucky and are locked out of the raid for a full week. 9 out of 24 people experienced a 0% drop/win rate, not 100% as you and the others are trying to argue.

Do you not see how your example is mathematically ignorant now? Or are you soloing Shannox? In which case, that is an exploit.

If you are bent out of shape this bad over these statistics, then by all means, you don't have to go through the Faire to get these things, just ignore it. Many people have posted ways on acquiring the relics, and yet here you are going about something that has been proven. In that raid, someone looted another relic off a boss. In total, i think 4 of us looted things. So anyway. What ever.

Anyhow i hope you have fun once they make this change for you. I liked the way the Faire was going, but you complainers make it no fun again.
85 Human Death Knight
With the aesthetics of the Faire being solely catered around vanity, you guys are being vain in the ways you complain. Some are saying you got slapped in the face by having to go to Scarlet Monastery. You can do it in other dungeons, just loot the damn bodies. You don't have to solo old content just to get something.

you can only receive the loot if you are the one who is awarded the loot. You were in a raid situation, the others in the raid did not receive the same loot.

Do you even know how the loot table works when it's set on epic? People are automatically awarded rare drops without having to roll for them. That means you got a rare drop as determined by the computer.

You honestly must not know how looting works or how drops work because there's no way in hell you could be putting on such a pretense as to suggest everyone in a raid is receiving the drop. I know too many people who have reported, personally, that not everyone in the raid receives the drop.

12/06/2011 08:24 AMPosted by Brelm
I don't understand. Can't you use those quest items that drop from bosses to get 10 tickets?

1. Boss drops are once a month turn ins at most. I've heard feed from testers that they are supposed to be once a lifetime drops. We'll see about that next month.
2. The drop rate from bosses are rare. Please view any one of my 8 posts which explain this. Not everyone will receive those drops, especially in raid situations where you have a week long lockout.
Edited by Elineé on 12/6/2011 8:29 AM PST
Only the quests that say "Requires Level 15" drop in lower dungeons. The quest that says "Requires Level 85" only drops in level 85 heroic dungeons (and gives more). They also are BoE, so even if they were more restricted.. what's to stop being from having "twinked" characters at the lower levels for each dungeon? Even Shendralar rep (the old rep required for "the Insane" feat) required doing stuff in specific lower level dungeons)

wrong i got the level 15 ones in 85 instances too
90 Worgen Warrior
lets say you want one mount say the Dancing Bear mount its 180 Tickets in price. At 5 tickets a day for one whole week once a month it will take you 5 months and a Day to get it.
Edited by Zamaria on 12/6/2011 8:30 AM PST
90 Tauren Paladin
I don't understand. Can't you use those quest items that drop from bosses to get 10 tickets?

That theoretically drop.

Full-Cleared like 5-6 dungeons so far (I don't have 24/7 to be on WoW) and haven't gotten a single one.
85 Blood Elf Mage
Mount and Pet prices are appropriate.

Heirloom and vanity Transmog items should be lowered by about 33%.
90 Troll Shaman

you can only receive the loot if you are the one who is awarded the loot. You were in a raid
situation, the others in the raid did not receive the same loot.

Pretty sure I read that every person in the raid group can loot the artifact on the boss, having the kill for the boss.... in the case of the raid drop artifact.
Edited by Quintzaker on 12/6/2011 8:30 AM PST
Yeah.....what fair you at?

i got 95 tickets first day and sold a bunch duplicates of the quest items and made 10k you guys are just being ignorant about wanting to put any kind of effort in
90 Blood Elf Hunter

you can only receive the loot if you are the one who is awarded the loot. You were in a raid situation, the others in the raid did not receive the same loot.

Do you even know how the loot table works when it's set on epic? People are automatically awarded rare drops without having to roll for them. That means you got a rare drop as determined by the computer.

You honestly must not know how looting works or how drops work because there's no way in hell you could be putting on such a pretense as to suggest everyone in a raid is receiving the drop. I know too many people who have reported, personally, that not everyone in the raid receives the drop.

1. Boss drops are once a month turn ins at most. I've heard feed from testers that they are supposed to be once a lifetime drops. We'll see about that next month.
2. The drop rate from bosses are rare. Please view any one of my 8 posts which explain this. Not everyone will receive those drops, especially in raid situations where you have a week long lockout.

No, because after shannox a few other people looted items off 3 other boss kills. All the way up to Domo.
90 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2011 08:28 AMPosted by Zamaria
lets say you want one mount say the Dancing Bear mount its 180 Tickets in price. At 5 tickets a day for one whole week once a month it will take you 5 months and a Day to get it.

Nop, a friend of mine sit around 130 tickets i believe, before the server went down. A lot of grinding but since we had DW down, i guess he has nothing better to do since he only play one toon. And no, I don't think he buy any, outside what he grinded.
Edited by Ellyanna on 12/6/2011 8:32 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]