Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/06/2011 11:42 PMPosted by Alfavhunter
1. dungeon/ heroic/ exc. drops are luck bases, and should not be calculated in as thew total gain per week, take it into consideration yes, and estimate that players really working at it might get maybe 1/2 of those rewards per week

just throwing it out there these are permanently active drops as long as you have the book in your bags meaning by next fair you should have a full set of them plus duplicates in most cases just from doing your day to day activitys and people will be posting their dupes on the ah for cheap if you really dont want to or have time to farm them yourself :)

5. make fishing in the wreckage pools on the darmoon event have a chance to drop a 'carnies crate' which can contain a variety of carnie items (fireworks, game tokents, exc.) and 1-2 tickets, and give this a small but reasonable chance to drop (5-10%)

6. make a new attraction, once a day at the darkmoon fair make a race around the grounds [possably using tonks] , using a simalar system as the bruefest reigns for the selected mounts, and create obsticals in the race corse, wither its a plethera of caries trying toi hit the riders with torches (which 'intimidates' the racing mounts that cause them to gain more fatuige and will need to be slowed down faster)

7. make a 'darmoon raid' that has a group of adventureres (3-25) fight an onslought of matches agains varying darkmoon beasts / entertainers to win tickets [this can be added when MoP comes out if it would make it easier to implement] (ps, this doesnt always have to be, dps it down fights, it could be an interactive, activate this item to 'deal damage' fights, liek making it a performance {an example being, fighting a torch thrower could result in the players haviong to catch and return the torches before the hit the ground [or burn the player for holding the torch to long]})
i like all these ideas tthe fair is lacking entertainment but no means tickets
Edited by Krelil on 12/6/2011 11:49 PM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
All I can hear is the chant of:-

I WANT IT ALL, I WANT IT ALL, I WANT IT ALL, AND I WANT IT NOW!

Go play star ways or something. I bet they will give you everything you want immediately!

[/sarcasm]
So you've seen a lot of Singing Crystal Axes in the AH lately? What with them being available from dungeons and world content that gets farmed frequently for mounts and levelling, by your reasoning there should be a dozen listed for cheap.

Oh, what's that you say? Probability of item drops can be reduced to the point where even with large amounts of players grinding the same content the availability of the items can still remain incredibly low? Well shucks, now I bet you feel really silly about your earlier comment then huh?
except the fact your basising your argument on very false stats sub 1 percent drops your probably farming the wrong places lol do some research you will get them all real fast after
90 Gnome Warlock
12/06/2011 11:48 PMPosted by Harlz
Go live in Afghanistan for a while and learn what else life is about.

The daily trials and tributations of the modern Afghani have nothing to do with the discussion. That there are "bad things" in the world beyond WoW does not negate the fact that Blizzard has created a product that is perceived to be poorly designed. Since these forums are intended to discuss such dissatisfaction I've no idea why you are in here trolling the thread.
90 Gnome Warlock
12/06/2011 11:51 PMPosted by Krelil
except the fact your basising your argument on very false stats sub 1 percent drops your probably farming the wrong places lol do some research you will get them all real fast after

30 heroics with the journal in hand and precisely 0 drops.
yeah heroics as its been pointed out in this thread only have one drop in there not all 9 you realize that and its been stated that its the lowest drop of all of them because it offers the most tickets do some more research and you will find that farming non heroics is much more efficent as there are specific bosses that drop specific items at more of a 40-60 % rate , that being said yes you are farming the wrong bosses expecting loot
Bashiok, there's something I'd like you to clarify for me if possible. The replica armors requires level 60 to be equiped. I know that normal gear can't be used for transmog if you're not the level to equip it. However since those replicas are meant for transmog only, will we be able to use them for it below level 60?

I'm asking this because I find it a bit annoying that the heirlooms have set graphical looks. So if I want to level up a disc or holy priest, I'm stuck looking like a warlock, or if I want a paladin I'm stuck looking like a warrior. Unless I use quest rewards or dropped items to change their looks, but it won't make my characters look like their class much.

And speaking of heirlooms and a paladin, I also noticed that it's impossible to transmog plate heirlooms before level 40 since they're plate even though they appear as mail, and I'm pretty sure there's zero (or as close to it as possible) green or blue plate armor pieces that are below level 40. This severly hinders the use of transmog during that time. While still a short time, it would be nice if something could be done about it. If the replicas can be used before level 60 then it's all good, but if not it will be disapointing.

Thanks for your time.
also.. can the BoA pieces PLEASE allow the use of mailing the gear and leaving the transmog stuck on them? >_< or.. change the cost ... because the Helm and Cloak BoA(because it cost gold from the guild vendors.. and not just justice/honor like the weps/armor) costs an insane amount of gold.. (around 670 per item mogged...) and If it is going to cost that much... please allow us to mail them between toons with that incredibly expensive look.
85 Human Paladin
That sucks for casuals who doesn't do instance, pretty sad that you get 40 per Tickets Per Faire Dungeon: 40, but only 35 for the 7 days that it is open. You should cut that 40 in half and up the daily amount to 2 per event instead of one.

Gawd you all really do hate casuals? First it was the epic gems and now this, why do I keep paying you after 7 years?
Edited by Mâximus on 12/7/2011 12:01 AM PST
Wow was never for casuals. You keep playing because wow has destroyed you're life.
44 Undead Hunter
Went to the island, explored it and left. -'member back when WoW kept you logged in half the night having fun with mid-level content?
*Sighs and wanders off to find something to do*

85 Blood Elf Paladin
The stuff is too expensive.

Argent Crusade had it about right, as far as cost/reward. And it took months and months to earn everything. With the tournament being open 24/7.

Honestly, it shouldn't take the better part of a year to get a fricken replica transmog set.

And the trolling in this thread is ridiculous. If you can't wrap your head around the idea that suggesting the grind should be shortened does not equal "I want everything now", then just go away. You have nothing contructive or intelligent to offer.
90 Gnome Warlock
12/06/2011 11:57 PMPosted by Krelil
yeah heroics as its been pointed out in this thread only have one drop in there not all 9

You can't get all 9 from doing any activity. I raid as well and after 10 bosses down since Sunday I haven't seen the raid drop either. Admittedly that's a small sample size, but with only a handful of bosses available for farming per week it's not like there's a whole lot more out there to kill during DMF.

I don't PvP so I'll have to rely on the AH for those, and I'd love it if Blizzard would stop trying to make PvE'ers run their 50 iterations of capture the flag for their PvE vanity items.
12/06/2011 11:53 PMPosted by Bomdanil

30 heroics with the journal in hand and precisely 0 drops.

I think you need a new guild. It is quite clear that you care.
P.s I have my sets from level 60! Woo me.
How many of you punk qq'ers grinded the original DMF rewards items??
I really hope swtor does take a lot of wow players. I'm sick of you're QQ about a game most of u play daily, only to hate. L.o.l.
The stuff is too expensive.

Argent Crusade had it about right, as far as cost/reward. And it took months and months to earn everything. With the tournament being open 24/7.

Honestly, it shouldn't take the better part of a year to get a fricken replica transmog set.

And the trolling in this thread is ridiculous. If you can't wrap your head around the idea that suggesting the grind should be shortened does not equal "I want everything now", then just go away. You have nothing contructive or intelligent to offer.

The grind should NOT be shortened. Good day.
100 Human Priest
12/06/2011 11:48 PMPosted by Krelil
just throwing it out there these are permanently active drops as long as you have the book in your bags meaning by next fair you should have a full set of them plus duplicates in most cases just from doing your day to day activitys and people will be posting their dupes on the ah for cheap if you really dont want to or have time to farm them yourself :)

Drop rate on the Treatise is really awful, I've seen one and I've been purposely killing bosses that drop it on multiple chars. Of course I did not win the one I saw.
90 Undead Mage
This is just another example of children crying because 'they want something, and they want something NOW'. Blizzard have caved in to the demands of people like the OP many, many times much to the detriment of the game and the MMO genre. One example would be the dungeon finder system. Whether you believe it to be good or bad, one thing it did do is take the community out of the game, the world out of the world and as a result many believe it has made the game into a lobby based game. Good or bad, you be the judge.

When I signed up to play an MMO I signed up knowing very well that they are time consuming games where you don't or won't get everything done, either due to not having the gear to do it or simply not having the time in the day to achieve it. That's how this genre rolls, or did roll. "I don't want to grind" are the cries, well don't! There is NOTHING forcing you to take part in the grind and truth be told even if you take that away these games are STILL grinds dressed up differently.

Grinding for new set of gear you grinded tokens or internet dragons and monsters over and over for is STILL grinding. You get that gear and then new gear comes available, you then rinse and repeat and do it all over again - sorry but that is still Grinding!

Its become routine, with routine comes boredom. If it were up to me you'd still be walking to dungeons, uphill both ways in the snow.

I'm just hoping that someday, the playerbase does not see the world as "Oh, this has to be boring and grindy" or "Oh, I want everything now." All I want to see is middle ground...you know, the paradigm that brought players into WoW's expansions?

When that day comes, players will cease to feel a need to bother playing the game. It will take 15 minutes to experience an end-game, final boss raid kill, it will take 15 minutes to buy a full PvP set, and it will take 15 minutes to do anything that used to take some devotion of time.

And then people will be bored.

You do not realize that some degree of a grind is healthy for an MMO. Not like Aion's grind, where it was too intense to do much of anything, but like how many of WoW's grinds once were.
90 Undead Warlock
Spoilt gamers. Grind or leave.
100 Draenei Paladin
I dont understand what everyone's problem is with transmorgification. Blizzard gives you something you never had and you ONLY BENEFIT from it, and then they complain that its something its not.

"dont look a gift horse in the mouth"

The game has existed for years without this feature, and without the advanced darkmoon faire. The game is the exact same thing BUT if you WANT you can try to get something EXTRA.

Whats the problem?
90 Undead Mage
My first impression of the faire was that it was a blast. The games are cool and so are the quests. I can see them getting a bit grindy after a while though. I have no problem grinding things out but, regardless of what Blizz thinks, the DMF items are priced way too high. Forget about the heirloom items, you can obtain those other ways, the pets, transmog items, and mounts alone will take way too long to obtain.

I was so psyched for the fair that first night that I did all the content on all three of my toons but once I found out how expensive the items were and how stingy Blizz is with the tickets I haven't been back. I'm sure I'll go back eventually before it ends as I really want the black and blue Darkmaster set for my druid. It's just disheartening knowing how long it will take and sort of kills the motivation to keep going back.

You are specifically the kind of person who those of us on the opposite side of the argument are talking about. You're too lazy to put the time and devotion into getting the set. The old sets took a long time to get together. There are plenty of opportunities there for you to get the items in question. You can buy them from other players, you can grind out the dailies, you can buy the artifacts to turn them in.

And yet, you whine about how hard it is. If it's so hard, don't do it. It's not difficult, it's just time consuming. That doesn't mean it should be handed out as a freebie just because you don't think you should have to put in time to get it.
100 Human Priest
I dont understand what everyone's problem is with transmorgification. Blizzard gives you something you never had and you ONLY BENEFIT from it, and then they complain that its something its not.

"dont look a gift horse in the mouth"

The game has existed for years without this feature, and without the advanced darkmoon faire. The game is the exact same thing BUT if you WANT you can try to get something EXTRA.

Whats the problem?

I actually want the pets and mounts and achievements, why would I replace this transmog set? But the Treatise drop rate absolutely sucks.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]