Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

90 Draenei Paladin
in regards to the gear: I'd also like to point out that alot of half the replicas are recolored versions of the other half. So that cuts the grinding you need for "everything " in half. Then each character you have only wears one armor type cutting it down by a 3rd of 4ths (if you simply MUST HAVE everything your character can wear). Further i've been doing BC dungeons looking for gear and have noticed a HIGH amount of gear, including a few pieces from the replica sets and heirlooms are in those dungeons. Combine that with the fact that Other pieces are exact replicas of many of the heirlooms. And lets not forget that Bracers dont even show on your character further reducing the amount of gear purchasable. Further, since there is a fairly low amount of Justice gear (you can get, what?, 3 tier pices, 1 bonus armor, a ring, a necklace, and a trinket and relic if you only use one spec) then there is the whole fact those same heirlooms are purchasable with justice points AND bonus heirlooms (the helm and capes) are purchasable with GOLD!

As for the non gear, it may take some time but i agree that it makes sense. I mean the polar bear mount was a 1% drop from a daily quest, Same with holiday mounts. And then compare that to the fact that you are only able to use one mount at a time. How many people use all their mounts and pets?

I dont envy the grind for fine people like Elliora. I do not care to "collect and do everything" but i dont disrespect those who do (unless they want to kill a dungeon run to make a hopless attempt at an achievment we arent ready for). But the amounts seem fare to me.
90 Dwarf Warrior
My only complaint with the ticket system is that the PVP artifacts are really tedious and annoying to gather, having to quickly pick the insignia off everybody you kill really breaks the pace of pvp. We should get them automatically after getting an HK or winning a BG or something.
90 Tauren Warrior
Personally I agree, you will be at this for years if you want all the pets and mounts alone...
I have nearly 300 of the Old faire tickets, wish they would Transfer those over...
I Just heard they put out info in Aug that they would be scrapping them... Missed that due to loss of job / wonderful economy :P lol come back Quite disappointed ...

5 tickets a day
7 days (if you can log on and do it all 7)
35 tickets a month
420 Tickets in One Year, All 7 days

540 Tickets for Vanity Pets = 6 Pets (90 Tickets Each)
360 Tickets for Mounts = 2 Mounts (180 Tickets Each
900 Tickets for Pets + Mounts

Yes I did Notice they are NOT Bind on Pick up but the prices will be ASTRONOMICAL...
90 Gnome Warlock
12/07/2011 12:41 AMPosted by Tewa
You can get 110 tickets per month. I'm not seeing the problem here?

You can only get 75 from the actual content. Relying on extreme amounts of RNG for the rest isn't really realistic when accounting for average DMF ticket availability.
90 Undead Priest
Love the Faire. Great atmosphere and wonderful aesthetics.

Couple of things I'm looking to buy as soon as I can.

Couple of things I want, but not in a hurry to get.

Couple of things I don't care about at all.

The system works. IN UR FACE KARL MARX
90 Tauren Paladin
We're more than willing to take feedback on how the rates could be adjusted, but at this time we feel four months to obtain a full set seems about right, should you choose to not seek them out through other means (trading/AH). Of course should we decide to make any adjustments we'll let you know as soon as we do.

4months to wait for a set...serious collecters of mounts and pets and these sets see 4months as pushing into pandera. Now I know that you guys want to stretch content...but it just doesn't happen anymore. The only way to do that is to cut off ptr and cut off outside testing. Everyone having a strat and knowing the fights and there dynamics kills all the new content.
90 Tauren Paladin
Personally I agree, you will be at this for years if you want all the pets and mounts alone...
I have nearly 300 of the Old faire tickets, wish they would Transfer those over...
I Just heard they put out info in Aug that they would be scrapping them... Missed that due to loss of job / wonderful economy :P lol come back Quite disappointed ...

5 tickets a day
35 tickets a month

Yes I did Notice they are NOT Bind on Pick up but the prices will be ASTRONOMICAL...

420 tickets in 1 year...holy cow, and you didn't even include legacy item prices.
85 Gnome Priest
And you wonder why you are losing subs blizz?

It isnt rocket science, its pretty patently obvious. Stuff like this is the kind of stuff people dont 'pay' for. They can play farmville if they want a mindnumbingly numb grind.

Why do people pay for games? Its pretty interesting, but I hear having fun with them is high on their list of priorities. Put more fun in, and more people will sub.

The fact that it feels like you are half assing it doesnt help. In fact its a big flag to people, you seem to be coasting, trying to find how little you can spend on this game while retaining enough people to be insanely profitable. Well, it might be time to put some of those massive profits you got from wow, back into wow. More money doesnt make things better, but it does mean you can make more content, put in more events, add more 'stuff'. See, if DMF was one of an innumberable number of events, people wouldnt care. But there is so little in this game, outside of the instanced corner you have backed yourself into.

So yeah, people get pissy.

I understand you get higher returns on xpacs then you do on subs, and its hard to keep people interested once the 'shine' has fallen off an xpac, but you just seem to be not even trying. 3 big patches for this xpac? Do you think thats a good record?

Sigh. Its like watching Michael Jordan go into baseball. Come back to the game blizz, you used to be kings, your just not suited to baseball.

The fact that you look like you are 'stretching' the DMF stuff for so long... it seems to imply you want to make it last. Because there isnt much else is there? The 10 or so events a year to spice it up with an extra dungeon boss. But why can a no name company like Tirion do so much more in the same time period with their game then you can? In 7 years you cant stick to the 'we just arent nimble' excuse, because you should be by now, why havent you started getting patches out quicker? Content out quicker?

Well, sadly I signed up for a year, so whatever >.< see you round. Ive decided to be more mouthy, sure it wont matter, but ill feel better for having signed up for a year and already being sick of it all. You guys (Gals too!) are still sitting on the golden goose, you just have to stop jumping on it trying to get the eggs out and give it some room to grow, feed it, take care of it, because this game can be so much more, if you wanted it to be. Never though blizz would be a lack of vision company, but that sums you up the most right now.

The fact that the Isle of Quelthalas is so much better than any of the other 'hub' content you have put in should be... well something you have been working over time to fix. Have you? Molten front? Argent whatever? Its all just filler. And its ironic that the Isle was actual filler you put in because you realised you needed more content, but it didnt feel like it, but the stuff that shouldnt be filler and you planned for.... does feel like complete filler....

Sigh o sigh Delila.
Edited by Gnomeopathy on 12/7/2011 1:47 AM PST
90 Human Priest
12/07/2011 01:05 AMPosted by Bomdanil
You can get 110 tickets per month. I'm not seeing the problem here?

You can only get 75 from the actual content. Relying on extreme amounts of RNG for the rest isn't really realistic when accounting for average DMF ticket availability.

the only one that's really bad is the lv 85 heroic 5 man one. the others seem to have ok drop rates.
90 Undead Mage

5 tickets a day
35 tickets a month

Did you not even bother reading the blue post, the very first blue post in this thread, where he explained all the math for you?
90 Undead Mage
And you wonder why you are losing subs blizz?

It isnt rocket science, its pretty patently obvious. Stuff like this is the kind of stuff people dont 'pay' for. They can play farmville if they want a mindnumbingly numb grind.

Why do people pay for games? Its pretty interesting, but I hear having fun with them is high on their list of priorities. Put more fun in, and more people will sub.

The fact that it feels like you are half assing it doesnt help. In fact its a big flag to people, you seem to be coasting, trying to find how little you can spend on this game while retaining enough people to be insanely profitable. Well, it might be time to put some of those massive profits you got from wow, back into wow. More money doesnt make things better, but it does mean you can make more content, put in more events, add more 'stuff'. See, if DMF was one of an innumberable number of events, people wouldnt care. But there is so little in this game, outside of the instanced corner you have backed yourself into.

So yeah, people get pissy.

I understand you get higher returns on xpacs then you do on subs, and its hard to keep people interested once the 'shine' has fallen off an xpac, but you just seem to be not even trying. 3 big patches for this xpac? Do you think thats a good record?

Sigh. Its like watching Michael Jordan go into baseball. Come back to the game blizz, you used to be kings, your just not suited to baseball.

The fact that you look like you are 'stretching' the DMF stuff for so long... it seems to imply you want to make it last. Because there isnt much else is there? The 10 or so events a year to spice it up with an extra dungeon boss. But why can a no name company like Tirion do so much more in the same time period with their game then you can? In 7 years you cant stick to the 'we just arent nimble' excuse, because you should be by now, why havent you started getting patches out quicker? Content out quicker?

Well, sadly I signed up for a year, so whatever >.< see you round. Ive decided to be more mouthy, sure it wont matter, but ill feel better for having signed up for a year and already being sick of it all. You guys (Gals too!) are still sitting on the golden goose, you just have to stop jumping on it trying to get the eggs out and give it some room to grow, feed it, take care of it, because this game can be so much more, if you wanted it to be. Never though blizz would be a lack of vision company, but that sums you up the most right now.

I am sure SWTOR will welcome you and your kin with open arms. I'd rather WOW put in place some things that take a minute amount of dedication to get. It keeps lazy people out.

Heaven forbid we put effort toward our appearance. What were we thinking!?
85 Worgen Hunter
How do you get tickets from dungeons? Just wondering...
85 Gnome Priest

I am sure SWTOR will welcome you and your kin with open arms. I'd rather WOW put in place some things that take a minute amount of dedication to get. It keeps lazy people out.

Nice comment that didnt address any issue I raised ^_^ well done.

I love how being 'lazy' in a game means not wanting to wait... how many months of needless waiting, to get something, simply because the dev decided arbitarily to stick a cap on things.

Like I said, I understand all this grind it out your !@# stuff in f2p games. This isnt. This is a pay to play. I dont mind grinds and 'working' (Lol at that word in a game) but when the carrot is invisible, the donkey aint going nowhere.
90 Troll Druid
I've been grinding normals and heroics ever since I got the tomb while the pvp ones were slightly annoying with having flashbacks to AV ninja click looting they are least dropped after 2-3 runs. With multiple dungeons and heroics done in the last few days I've seen exactly one book drop and I lost the roll to boot. I'm slightly manic about my collecting and while 4 months sort of sucks its not the end of the world.

My protest however is getting gibbed with the rng on the dungeons please up the drop rate on those. It shouldn't be required to run dungeons constantly to even have half a chance at seeing the books drop in order to cap out the week.
85 Night Elf Druid
/Agree with OP
90 Undead Mage

Nice comment that didnt address any issue I raised ^_^ well done.

I love how being 'lazy' in a game means not wanting to wait... how many months of needless waiting, to get something, simply because the dev decided arbitarily to stick a cap on things.

Like I said, I understand all this grind it out your !@# stuff in f2p games. This isnt. This is a pay to play. I dont mind grinds and 'working' (Lol at that word in a game) but when the carrot is invisible, the donkey aint going nowhere.

I've heard patience is a virtue. Clearly it's not something you've experienced. The concept of "I want I want I want, me me me, now now now" is a bit silly. You get all this great stuff, and yet you aren't happy with it?

Lazy means not wanting to dedicate time toward working for something. Yes, working toward something. I don't mean work as in laboring and lifting cement bricks out on a construction site. I don't mean work as in entering statistical data into a computer and doing mathematical computations. I mean working toward something as in setting a goal and meeting it, a goal that without that dedication would otherwise not happen. Heaven forbid you put a little time and energy toward anything anymore.

No one's forcing you to grab it. And, as Bashiok has pointed out, there are numerous other sets you can shoot for. Don't expect all of it to come easily. Easy come, easy go.
Lol @ people turning gaming forums into a battle of wits and smartness. Outside.
Go outside. OUTSIIIIIIIIIIDE.

And ROFL @ all you guys and you're mathematical explanations as to why DMF isn't what u wanted. Man. Lol.
Edited by Harlz on 12/7/2011 2:28 AM PST
90 Gnome Mage
As of yesterday it was possible to do the professions quest, drop your professions, level two new ones to 75 and do the quests for those, drop them for new ones, etc.

Is there actually a block in place to prevent people from doing that now, or are the totals that Bash put up there literal caps that will stop people from dropping professions and picking up new ones to farm tickets faster?

Yeah, Like anyone in their right mind would drop a couple of maxed professions to start playing merry go round for a few darkmoon points. Anyone who does that not only has a few screws loose or are just plain nuts.... unless they were planning on chanign professions anyway, in which case, who cares?
90 Undead Mage
As of yesterday it was possible to do the professions quest, drop your professions, level two new ones to 75 and do the quests for those, drop them for new ones, etc.

Is there actually a block in place to prevent people from doing that now, or are the totals that Bash put up there literal caps that will stop people from dropping professions and picking up new ones to farm tickets faster?

Yeah, Like anyone in their right mind would drop a couple of maxed professions to start playing merry go round for a few darkmoon points. Anyone who does that not only has a few screws loose or are just plain nuts.... unless they were planning on chanign professions anyway, in which case, who cares?

Maybe not maxed characters, but alts? I can see that happening.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]