Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

85 Undead Warlock
just as an arbitrary data point, i'm ok with the current set-up for tickets
90 Troll Shaman
12/07/2011 04:06 AMPosted by Stoneformed
You can farm most of the dungeon ones off of easily soloable content like Scarlet Monastary and Stockades - and they have VERY HIGH drop rates (1-3 kills, if you're killing the correct boss).
I'm not sure you can actually do this, the Adventurer's Guide you get says you get artifacts from "appropriately-challenging dungeons, raids, and battlegrounds."

If you can walk into SM at 85 and farm the blue artifacts, its very likely a bug and will be patched soon enough.

Only the level 15 quest items drop in lower dungeons (in addition to the higher level dungeons). The level 85 ones don't; the level 85 ones drop in level 85 only instances. It's appropriately challenging for the levels that the drops are. And they are BoE - so you can get the level 15 drops at any level of instance you can queue or enter them. The article about the Darkmoon Faire also says you don't have to go too far to get the artifacts. Even if it was more restricted, nothing is stopping someone from having "twink" characters in the level range of the lower level dungeons, getting the drops, and sending the item to their "main" character - because they are BoE and can be sold on the auction house.
Edited by Quintzaker on 12/7/2011 6:00 AM PST
90 Human Warlock
Having the artifacts being repeatable per faire, I thought it was once in a lifetime(glad I was wrong yay!), makes the ticket prices and income rate much more reasonable. With the option of having an additional 80 tickets per month, if you want to invest the time/money, it no longer will take a year to just get the mounts/pets. Before you could only get a max of 70 tickets a month(if you did the double sunday and no deathmatch chests) while now it has been bumped to 150 a month. Now if you'll excuse me I have fishing to get back to, *casts fishing lure*.
85 Human Mage
Yay for BoE artifacts though! My husband raids and does dungeons a lot more than I do but he cares NOTHING for vanity items. I had him go and get a Darkmoon journal for no other reason than to get tokens and give them to me. :3
80 Human Priest
As much as I'd like the pets, I've maxed out at about 55 tickets on the character I tried out DMF on. Done with it. Too grindy. Same reason why I havent completed the Firelands dailies. Is this really the best design Blizzard could come up with to make an obvious timesink "fun?"
12/07/2011 06:33 AMPosted by Sanction
As much as I'd like the pets, I've maxed out at about 55 tickets on the character I tried out DMF on. Done with it. Too grindy. Same reason why I havent completed the Firelands dailies. Is this really the best design Blizzard could come up with to make an obvious timesink "fun?"

Funny, but your achievements show you havent done anything at the faire at all, nice try troll.
80 Human Priest
12/07/2011 06:41 AMPosted by Tsavis

Funny, but your achievements show you havent done anything at the faire at all, nice try troll.

How about trying out a class in reading comprehension. "I've maxed out at about 55 tickets on the character I tried out DMF on"
85 Undead Mage
12/07/2011 06:33 AMPosted by Sanction

Agreed. I've never understood the 'do X tasks every day for X weeks/months = fun' logic myself. For me, fun would be being able to go and do the tasks at a time of my choosing and for as long as I choose to do them. That = fun for me. Free choice. Free will. Fun. So with DMF, it would be there all the time rather than just one week, and you could run as many games as you like each day depending on how much time you want to invest. That for me, would be far more fun than the current calendar scheduled tasks.
90 Night Elf Druid
"Darkmoon Dungeonner... hmm... I wonder what this is. <asks in guild> Does anyone know what this is? What's that? You can get quest items off dungeon bosses and turn them in for tickets? How interesting. I should check online to find out more info. Thanks!"

i mean outside the week that darkmoon faire is, not the faire itself
85 Draenei Hunter
12/06/2011 04:28 PMPosted by Nephilym
Just another grind fest to add to the pile.

DMF is hardly a grind fest. Molten Front was a grind fest and Blizzard was nice enough to leave any sort of equivalent out in this patch.

I wish players would get over the gross sense of entitlement that is rampant in this game.
90 Gnome Warlock
12/07/2011 03:16 AMPosted by Tewa
What "extreme RNG"?

The dungeon artifacts have extremely low drop rates, and are apparently more on par with the zone drop pets or world DMF cards from TBC and Classic than something that is expected to be freely available to all participants of the faire. I've also killed 10 raid bosses (will be 18 before the end of the day) and have had exactly 0 raid drops for the raid token. When there are only 27 raid bosses available to kill per raid lockout it doesn't speak highly of that drop rate either.

I don't know, or care, about the PvP ones because I refuse to PvP. Personally I'm of the opinion I shouldn't be forced to run battlegrounds in order to acquire PvE vanity crap. It's just a very backwards way of going about stopping acquisition rates.
85 Draenei Hunter
12/07/2011 07:08 AMPosted by Bomdanil
The dungeon artifacts have extremely low drop rates, and are apparently more on par with the zone drop pets or world DMF cards from TBC and Classic

I don't think so. I saw at least 5 of them last week and managed to win one. I've been grinding a blue drake pet for years and have yet to see one.

Also, no one is being forced to PvP. Don't. It's that simple. Think of it in terms of a job. You have to be willing to go the extra mile in order for the extra pay.
Edited by Hymnal on 12/7/2011 7:13 AM PST
90 Gnome Warlock
DMF is hardly a grind fest. Molten Front was a grind fest and Blizzard was nice enough to leave any sort of equivalent out in this patch.

Molten front wasn't a grind compared to DMF. At least with the Molten Front you made consistant, steady progress and knew exactly how many tokens you could get through the quests. There is no such consistancy with the DMF because you need RNG drops for almost half of your monthly ticket acquisition.
90 Troll Shaman
The dungeon artifacts have extremely low drop rates, and are apparently more on par with the zone drop pets or world DMF cards from TBC and Classic

I don't think so. I saw at least 5 of them last week and managed to win one. I've been grinding a blue drake pet for years and have yet to see one.

Also, no one is being forced to PvP. Don't. It's that simple. Think of it in terms of a job. You have to be willing to go the extra mile in order for the extra pay.

It's "Medium" droprate... not high, and not low. It's the same chance at seeing one blue piece drop in an instance (some say they never see the one they want in 10-20 runs, some get it in the first few shots). I like to say a lot that it only drops the things you "don't need" in that case.
Edited by Quintzaker on 12/7/2011 7:18 AM PST
15 Night Elf Druid
Think of it in terms of a job. You have to be willing to go the extra mile in order for the extra pay.

You don't think that's slightly ridiculous for fun vanity items in a game?
We're not talking about raiding or even gear....just a bunch of fun items.
That in order to get them...you have to think of it as a job and just get it over with.
So where's the fun?

This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]