Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

90 Troll Shaman
12/06/2011 08:28 AMPosted by Krelil
Only the quests that say "Requires Level 15" drop in lower dungeons. The quest that says "Requires Level 85" only drops in level 85 heroic dungeons (and gives more). They also are BoE, so even if they were more restricted.. what's to stop being from having "twinked" characters at the lower levels for each dungeon? Even Shendralar rep (the old rep required for "the Insane" feat) required doing stuff in specific lower level dungeons)

wrong i got the level 15 ones in 85 instances too

Not wrong... I guarantee you didn't get the level 85 one in a lower level dungeon. I never said that "Level 15" ones don't drop in level 85 dungeons.
85 Blood Elf Priest
Some of the items you can buy in the Faire with the tickets does seem a bit costly. >.>
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
they are not rare by any means op is hiding behind his argument that they are rare to support his very flawed math
96 Orc Warrior
and I explained to you 3 times how your explanations are both completely lacking any legitimate statistical backing, and unjustifiable for the implementation of this fair event. You ignore my explanations and continue to build straw mans while trying to back it up with your own "luck" at the RNG

No ive read everything you have said, and all i get out of it is that you are too lazy to work for the extra tickets and too impatient to wait to get what you want from just the dailies. The only thing i agree with you about is that these sets should never have been removed, or if they were going to be then give us warning so we can farm them before removal.
100 Troll Rogue
it is no differen't then the argent tourny.. minus the time in which the event appears.. other then that.. oh well
100 Blood Elf Hunter

Everything in this game is now controlled with 24hr-1wk cds and daily/weekly caps and quests. It was a better time 7 years ago.

This. I don't have all the answers, but what I see now is that I play my main for like 1-2 hours per week now, then I have done all I can do. Time for alts again until the next reset, except for a few minutes per day of dailies. I could always do something like fish of course, but there is no meaningful progression to be had.
85 Draenei Hunter
IMO darkmoon fair isnt a holiday that you should finish everything you need about it in the first week like the other holidays that happen once a year, this holiday happens for 1 entire week each month, what is the point of you getting rewards faster then this?

have fun on the fair do the minigames and get 1 reward each month, dont seem that bad for me =P
90 Blood Elf Mage
You people bent out of shape over vanity items that you have to slowly work for to achieve is pathetic.

The people who dedicate themselves to getting some tickets once a month will have a nice pay off in a few months. Those who want it today are the ones who crying about it.

Blizzard should keep things the way they are, and continue to piss these people off so they quit the game and go play something else, so the rest of the player base can actually enjoy something. Everything is working as intended.
1 Undead Rogue
did you whiners ever think for 1 second, just maybe they want you to keep coming back to the darkmoon faire.. instead of giving all the items out in 1 week.. and let it become a ghost town..

good grief... the "me, me, me, now, now, now" of this community is quite sad.
85 Tauren Druid
Idea for the Faire: Have the Dailies give 5 tickets, and afterwards, depending on how you do at the games you get 1-3 tickets seems fair.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/06/2011 08:36 AMPosted by Rakarrak
Idea for the Faire: Have the Dailies give 5 tickets, and afterwards, depending on how you do at the games you get 1-3 tickets seems fair.
that sounds awful and just plays into the im gonna grind every reward out in one week and never come back here again
100 Dwarf Hunter
Elineé you want freaking grind.....It took me over 3 years from the time the new fishing daily was put in at Dalaran...to get the jeweled fishing pole.....yes 3 dang years I spent trying to acquire that fishing pole....I had every other fishing pole but that one when other new fishing daily came about with cata .....I was doing 2 fishing daily per day.......I never missed a day of doing the fishing dailies....the only time I missed a some time doing fishing daily was when I was in hospital after I had a stroke.

Did I give up nope I kept going and 3 weeks ago or so I finally looted that Jeweled Fishing pole to add to my collection....3 long years of doing same dailies day in day out I never gave up....the point is if you want something you put in the effort and work for it not have it handed to you in a day or so.

90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/06/2011 08:32 AMPosted by Quintzaker

wrong i got the level 15 ones in 85 instances too

Not wrong... I guarantee you didn't get the level 85 one in a lower level dungeon. I never said that "Level 15" ones don't drop in level 85 dungeons.

In the end, Level 15, or Level 839480295390485, they only give 10 tickets. They are based off what ever level you want to be vain with you have a chance.

Most of the time, the player may want to work on an 85. Very rarely do people go so far with alts, but then again some people have the time to do those things.

They all have level requirements, and all give 10 tickets after turn in. They were made so that you don't miss out on much despite what toon you are on. If you go with an 85 and farm lower level instances, then its a higher chance of you acquiring the relics.

It just makes sense, but i guess it depends on how you manage your time in game. I like doing stuff outside of sitting at Org. I don't like VP capping in one day. I like to take my time, and i do it across many alts. Seems you guys just want everything in one week.

Do you have fun anymore in WoW? What keeps you people playing? Don't tell me its friends in game.
85 Draenei Priest
wow is stating to be more and more like everquest so much so it seems like the !@#$%ing and griping are a round the same lines of thought. lol
very similer give you an uneasy feeling when u relise it too
90 Troll Shaman

In the end, Level 15, or Level 839480295390485, they only give 10 tickets. They are based off what ever level you want to be vain with you have a chance.

Actually, the level 85 one gives 15 tickets... but it is only 5 tickets different. But of course, that's besides the point.

Do you have fun anymore in WoW? What keeps you people playing? Don't tell me it's friends in game

I actually am not complaining about the "grind"... In fact, it looks like I can have all the stuff the people are complaining about in 4 months by making use of "alts"... even not doing the artifact quests - because of pets being across your account in MoP and the stuff being useful for transmogging being BoE.
Edited by Quintzaker on 12/6/2011 8:47 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
God forbid anyone actually has to work for something unique in this game anymore.

The new systems for gear isn't work. Thats why poeple are mad. Its a do 'y' 'x' times 'z' days in a row and get loot. Work is farming 100 arcanite bars for thunderyfury, sulfuras. Work is grinding out rep in Wintersrping for a rare mount when it took u 6 months just to grind the gold for a 1k mount. Work is grinding instances for the highest lvl gear WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND NOT WORRYING ABOUT DAILY LOCKOUTS so your not paying to random que and play with idiots who roll on your gear just so you can run Heroics more than once a day.

Dailies/weeklies are not work, they're sponges soaking up subscription fees. If you played 7yrs ago you know WTF work is!

Blizzard needs to have faith in their game that it would survive without forcing people to log in each day and do dailies to progress or get the items they want. If only hard work payed off these days I might enjoy more the game has to offer, for now I mainly just pvp tho, no daily or weekly cap on how much honor I can gain. Oh and do my dailies, I especially love the JC ones, they limit my ability to even use my profession.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]