Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

90 Gnome Warlock
12/07/2011 08:32 AMPosted by Lopin
My question is how can't you get the max per month. It literally takes 20 minutes to finish all the dailies per day. That is more than plenty of time per day to get those and all the quests can be purchased from the Ah. So 145 is more than easy to get.

Not everyone is willing to drop 10k a month on those items, and considering that WoW's wealth distribution is extremely top heavy it isn't entirely rational to expect that sort of distribution system to sit well with people.

And I say that as one of the ones whose part of the top 2% with regards to gold accumulation.
90 Dwarf Hunter
12/07/2011 08:44 AMPosted by Quintzaker
That makes the suggestion to cap out at 145 alone regardless of what you do not a good suggestion, the way it was suggested.

I am saying to do the dailies before reset on sunday, therefore it is 100% possible to get 150 a week.
90 Human Mage
A lot of people seem to be talking about the transmog sets, and not about the pets, mounts and other toys. If I want to get all the pets and mounts I'm looking at 900 tickets. At the max of 145 a month we're talking 7 months to get them all. That, to me, seems a little excessive.

I'm all for getting tickets from both the faire and in the world, but I think some adjustments are in order.

I agree

the pets are too expensive
90 Dwarf Hunter

What does that have to do with doing the game dailies before reset on sunday? lol

People who can't be bothered to stroll into Scarlet Monastery aren't going to stay up past midnight? Dunno....

You confused?

If you go to darkmoon faire after it starts on your server, you can do the dailies before the dailies reset at 3am server time to get the game dailies TWICE on sunday. :)
90 Gnome Warlock
12/07/2011 07:50 AMPosted by Tewa
Arcanist Doan in Scarlet Monastary takes 5 minutes, TOPS, and is like a 1 in 3 drop. With 1 exception, all the dungeon quests are that easy.

Something could have a 99.5% chance to drop (like the shards for shadowmourne) and still never see a single drop because RNG hates you that much. This is why RNG works for things like mount distribution (ZG mounts), but not things like a gated currency.
90 Gnome Warlock
12/07/2011 08:57 AMPosted by Tewa
Except the items drop year-round, even when the faire isn't in session. And will all be available for 5g on the AH by New Year's.

People said that about the guardian cub and that still sells for 8-15k per pet. Hell, people said that about the original DM cards from classic and they still sell for 200g a piece.
90 Dwarf Hunter
12/07/2011 09:03 AMPosted by Bomdanil
Except the items drop year-round, even when the faire isn't in session. And will all be available for 5g on the AH by New Year's.

People said that about the guardian cub and that still sells for 8-15k per pet. Hell, people said that about the original DM cards from classic and they still sell for 200g a piece.

That pet is down to 3500-4k on my server. :p People inflated it right off the bat, now noone can sell it.
90 Troll Shaman
That makes the suggestion to cap out at 145 alone regardless of what you do not a good suggestion, the way it was suggested.

I am saying to do the dailies before reset on sunday, therefore it is 100% possible to get 150 a week.

Yes I know... in mention to the 145, I was referring to the suggestion that was made elsewhere in the thread that you should be able to get 145 just by doing as many dailies and profession quests as you want in the week. But then, that makes things like turning in artifacts more meaningless if you'd do just dailies and profession quests - the way it was suggested, used the artifact quests in the count (means it'd have to include the artifacts from those quests) and didn't include the 3 hours (on savings time), 4 hours (on daylight time) before the Sunday reset.

To me, it comes off as the translation: "I want to make people who put more effort, time, and gold into getting the 150 tickets/month less rewarded and people who don't want to make that kind of effort, spend that amount of time or gold to be more rewarded."
Edited by Quintzaker on 12/7/2011 10:04 AM PST
90 Orc Warrior

Like I said before there are tons of customization options that are very, very easy to obtain,

Which makes this decision quite obvious as a time sink for subscription purposes, which has been the unfortunate plan of action for many of the features in this expansion. The idea that THESE specific items warrant a four month time investment compared to other easier obtain items is ludicrous. In the end, the need to micromanage and delay gratification for users has severely hamstrung many of the otherwise fun and great features this expansion brought.
90 Blood Elf Mage
I can't get over the number of people whining that it takes longer than a month to get a pet.

It takes an entire year of grinding holiday stuff to get ONE mount from "What a Long, Strange Trip..."

It takes tons of grinding to get exalted with various factions to get their special mounts.

It takes tons of grinding Argent Tournament to get all the pets, tabards, and mounts.

People did/do all of this without complaining, and now people are QQ-ing because it will take just as long to get the Darkmoon pets/mounts? I don't get it.
90 Human Warlock
My biggest problem is that one of the artifacts--A Treatise on Strategy--which gives a significant amount of tickets is a fairly rare drop, in heroics, that is then rolled on by the entire group. If they're gonna make these items so expensive, at least make it so we can get the maximum number of tickets per month without being heavily screwed by RNG. Upping the drop chance and/or allowing all players to loot it like the Soothsayer's Rune would make it slightly less irritating.
90 Orc Shaman
I just got my first pet and the faire still has four days to go. If this faire is going to hold our attention, it needs to take a while to get things.

The pets are the right price.
90 Tauren Warrior
12/06/2011 02:30 PMPosted by Stalkyou
My only issue is the 40 per dungeon. If I'm not lucky enough to win the 4 things I need, I'm out the tickets.

I agree completely, and then raids, I've been out of the game for 9 mo, I'm working on getting the gear but raiding isn't really gunna happen w/ my game time w RL ... so that shorts people out of it...
and BG's I'm on an RP server so I don't have to PVP (shortens life of my keyboard exponentially)
90 Blood Elf Mage
I mainly want to get the pets, since I'm exactly 6 away from the 150 ach. I am limited on time though, so I mainly pvp and do dailies, I don't raid and don't do heroics very often, only if I have the time. I checked the AH for the artifacts, and they go anywhere between 1-4kg, Not gonna spend that on a few extra tickets. I don't mind the faire as it is, but I do wish they had kept it being 5 tickets per daily like it was in the ptr.
adding some grinding back into the game isnt a bad thing - but there should be some method to grind beyond the dailies, even if it's a bit costly in terms of time. I think making the dailies more than 2 or 3 tickets would (imo) tend to make it a bit too trivial.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think their design for the faire would have been good with new items, but I feel like the majority of the frustration here is that this has all the workings of a poor scam. Taking away existing content and then rereleasing its rewards in order to coerce people into grinding new content... its not even a matter of time investment... it just feels like a scam.
85 Human Paladin
These calculations were made assuming you use or play one toon. How many people actually plays just one toon now and now with MoP where they are trying to do FoS achievements account wide that just means wasting more time on other toons.

I have a druid, rogue, pally, shadow priest as my main 85s with a DK and hunter that I don't play that offen with a upcoming lvl 30 shammy. That isn't counting the MoP if I wanted to try out a monk.

So to be honest about it, this grind is just going to be another archaeology, run through it once and say screw it for the next toon(s).
Edited by Mâximus on 12/7/2011 9:29 AM PST
85 Human Death Knight
12/07/2011 09:24 AMPosted by Stormdáncer
adding some grinding back into the game isnt a bad thing - but there should be some method to grind beyond the dailies, even if it's a bit costly in terms of time. I think making the dailies more than 2 or 3 tickets would (imo) tend to make it a bit too trivial.

Problem is Bashiok gave the Kaibosh on raising tickets for a few months. That's because he said the devs believe that it's relatively easy for people to get 145 tickets and 145 is the target amount. Which to me is a load of crap, I know I won't get that much.

The only other solution would be to confront the devs by calling their bluff:

"Ok devs, you say 145 tickets is easy to get.

So that's your "Target area" right?

Then instead of raising ticket rewards, just make the DMF ticket system into a VP cap system. You can do as many quests as you want, PVP quests, Dungeon Quests, Raid Quests, Carnie Quests, until you hit the 145 cap.

Once people hit 145 they can't gain anymore for 1 full month."

Some people who pvp won't ever need to do carnie quests or dungeon quests. Some people who dungeon/raid won't ever need to do carnie quests or pvp quests. Some people who don't really do much of either, will then only be able to do some dungeon quests and just do Carnie quests.

If the devs reject that idea then we know someone from blizz lied. Someone lied about 145 being easy for everyone to obtain. Someone lied about 145 being the target amount. Then the players can get mad.

IF the devs accept the idea then we know someone from Blizz was telling the truth. The devs do want 145 to be the target for EVERYONE!:D Then all is right and happy in the world.
Edited by Elineé on 12/7/2011 9:31 AM PST
85 Human Paladin

It takes tons of grinding Argent Tournament to get all the pets, tabards, and mounts.

At least the Argent Tournnament gave your MONEY and MARKS and could be SOLO and you didn't have to depend on a instance or raid for at LEAST 1/2 your ticket quota for the month.

I should know, I did the dam thing every day for a year, got all the pets, all the mounts, all the BOAs and still had 880 remaining marks unused. At least this was made to SOLO, that is all I am asking, I don't care if it takes 2 yeas, let me earn the marks without having to RAID OR INSTANCE!!!!!!!!

Oh yea lets not forget the fact the Argent Tournament was open around the clock, not just 7 days a month. 10 daily quests for 30 days = 300 marks a month compare to 5 day quests for 7 days = 35 and the profession quests once a month....yea I am really going to get everything ON ONE TOON that I need every other year.

It doesn't matter what you post, just like the Epic gems debate, blizzard is going to do what it wants, your talking to a wall.

Like I said this is another archaeology, do it once on one toon and dam if I will come back on another toon.
Edited by Mâximus on 12/7/2011 9:44 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]