Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just ask for the profession, boss drops, and pvp quests to be repeatable every month. That would give everyone a nice boost in tickets each month.
90 Troll Shaman
12/06/2011 09:06 AMPosted by Köji
Just ask for the profession, boss drops, and pvp quests to be repeatable every month. That would give everyone a nice boost in tickets each month.

The article about the Darkmoone Faire says you have new opportunities to turn in an artifact each month and get the +5 skills once from the profession quest during each faire week. So that's a done deal according to the article.
Edited by Quintzaker on 12/6/2011 9:10 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Priest
On another note. I think the Faire was a fun area. I wish it was always there!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2011 09:09 AMPosted by Quintzaker

The article about the Darkmoone Faire says you have new opportunities to turn in an artifact each month and get the +5 skills once from the profession quest during each faire week. So that's a done deal according to the article.

That's what ~100-120 extra tickets every month? So if they're repeatable then what's the issue?
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/06/2011 09:15 AMPosted by Köji
That's what ~100-120 extra tickets every month? So if they're repeatable then what's the issue?
there isnt people are just to lazy to farm the artifacts that is this entire thread
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Stop your whimpering. A week ago you had nothing, now you have an opportunity to obtain a new pet or mount every month or so, and still that isn't good enough... you want more and more like some spoiled brat who's never satisfied.

You choose to play this game and consequently you aren't entitled to ANYTHING, if you disagree with how WoW is being run then your option is to leave and go play something else or make your own game... but to sit here and cry and think that you matter (or some small collection of you matters) more than millions of other users or even Blizzard themselves just shows how over-inflated your ego is and your world is going to be a sorry place once all the real adults who provide for you are gone.

This ENTIRE GAME is a grind. Everything you do in WoW is a grind with a different skin. And once you complete this grind you're just going to move onto the next grind whether it be leveling, running bgs, grinding heroics, raids, dailies, reps, professions, achievs etc. IT'S ALL A GRIND!!!! If your only enjoyment out of this game comes from being rewarded and having your ego stroked then why are you still playing??

^Totally Agree <3

FFS Last week it was " A stupid celebration package for exp and rep bonus, what !@#$ I'm supposed to do with this I'm lvl 85. Where my new pet? I want a new pet, we got pets before , why aren't we getting pets. " Now its overpriced vanity gear and pets.

If you really want something you'll put the %^-*ing "Time and Effort" in getting what you want. Is it really that !@#$ing hard to understand? *If the answer is "Yes" quit playing the damn game* If you don't want to put the "Time and Effort" quit %^-*!ing to make it easier. Do you want everyone and their mother to get all the gear and pets? God Forbid Earning Stuff Anymore
1 Gnome Mage
The qq of the op crits for 12million MEGA DAMAGE
85 Draenei Death Knight
And here's what I hear from OP: "WAAAHHHHNNNN!" You're damn lucky you can even get these sets. Now you want them for free? No work involved? Yeah, that'd sure screw over the guys who actually did work at it. Plus, you can probably get more than enough tickets. So, while you whine about how you actually have to work at it, I'm going to be playing the game. And playing the game is 100% more awesome than whining on the forums!

Edit: If you don't want to put time and effort into things, then don't play MMORPGs. Simple as that. Ya whining baby!
Edited by Wurtane on 12/6/2011 9:30 AM PST
100 Dwarf Paladin
I read your whole mathmatical blowup at the MVP and I gotta say I agree with it. I ran the new dungeons many.. many.. times for the gear on my alternate and on this toon for xmog and I have only seen two artifacts drop... didn't win either of them.

I ran End Time 13 times on my alternate.
I ran Well of Eternity 11 times on my alternate.
I ran Hour of Twilight 15 times on my alternate.

I ran End Time 3 times on this toon.
I ran Well of Eternity 3 times on this toon.
I ran Hour of Twilight 4 times on this toon.

49 Runs, 2 artifacts, didn't win either. (Multiple Bosses in each run)
Edited by Harrowmont on 12/6/2011 9:35 AM PST
85 Human Death Knight
Stop your whimpering. A week ago you had nothing, now you have an opportunity to obtain a new pet or mount every month or so, and still that isn't good enough... you want more and more like some spoiled brat who's never satisfied.

You choose to play this game and consequently you aren't entitled to ANYTHING, if you disagree with how WoW is being run then your option is to leave and go play something else or make your own game... but to sit here and cry and think that you matter (or some small collection of you matters) more than millions of other users or even Blizzard themselves just shows how over-inflated your ego is and your world is going to be a sorry place once all the real adults who provide for you are gone.

This ENTIRE GAME is a grind. Everything you do in WoW is a grind with a different skin. And once you complete this grind you're just going to move onto the next grind whether it be leveling, running bgs, grinding heroics, raids, dailies, reps, professions, achievs etc. IT'S ALL A GRIND!!!! If your only enjoyment out of this game comes from being rewarded and having your ego stroked then why are you still playing??

^Totally Agree <3

FFS Last week it was " A stupid celebration package for exp and rep bonus, what !@#$ I'm supposed to do with this I'm lvl 85. Where my new pet? I want a new pet, we got pets before , why aren't we getting pets. " Now its overpriced vanity gear and pets.

If you really want something you'll put the %^-*ing "Time and Effort" in getting what you want. Is it really that !@#$ing hard to understand? *If the answer is "Yes" quit playing the damn game* If you don't want to put the "Time and Effort" quit %^-*!ing to make it easier. Do you want everyone and their mother to get all the gear and pets? God Forbid Earning Stuff Anymore

Excuse you but this isn't a time sink grind for raid or heroic gear items. This is a "Time WAIT of 3 weeks" + "Kill lower level bosses for a 10% drop item 8 hours a day for 7 days in a week" in order to build up enough tickets to buy the LOOK of items that were removed from the game because the devs were too lazy to adjust the cost of the items.

This is not justifiable. 7-9 months to complete a set is not justifiable.

And those of you who keep quoting boss drops and archaeology are going to have a very sour rude awakening when you realize you will not be able to pull off 100 tickets a month every month. The RNG and statistical probability of obtaining 100 tickets is against you.

It's a 1 in 16 and 2/3rds ratio, which compounds exponentially every month that you will get 100 tickets.

It's both ignorant and insulting for you to use that as a defense of this horrid design.
86 Troll Druid
12/06/2011 09:09 AMPosted by Aedrean
On another note. I think the Faire was a fun area. I wish it was always there!

I agree, but if it was always there it would get old.
The anticipation if part of the excitment!
85 Human Death Knight
I read your whole mathmatical blowup at the MVP and I gotta say I agree with it. I ran the new dungeons many.. many.. times for the gear on my alternate and on this toon for xmog and I have only seen two artifacts drop... didn't win either of them.

Thank you. For those of you who didn't read it before, here it is:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657610824?page=17#337

People who are lucky are basically telling people who are not lucky that they're whiners. This is making the situation that much worse than it already is. It's going to turn into a full blown blow up if Blizzard isn't already increasing the ticket reward from the dailies or planning on keeping the DMF as a persistent everlasting event.

One of the biggest irritants is that the devs themselves do not seem to be running any kind of legitimate numbers. I would gladly work for 32 grand a year just to correct their math and stop designs like this from going live in order to protect stock holder interests.

Statistics is easy to learn and easy to calculate (I learned statistics in the sixth grade and maybe 2 people in class flunked that unit), and almost nobody is applying it where it counts.
Edited by Elineé on 12/6/2011 9:38 AM PST
100 Dwarf Paladin
I edited my post above.
85 Human Paladin
I just want the darkmoon monkey and after that I'm done. lol
90 Blood Elf Paladin

^Totally Agree <3

Excuse you but this isn't a time sink grind for raid or heroic gear items. This is a "Time WAIT of 3 weeks" + "Kill lower level bosses for a 10% drop item 8 hours a day for 7 days in a week" in order to build up enough tickets to buy the LOOK of items that were removed from the game because the devs were too lazy to adjust the cost of the items.

This is not justifiable. 7-9 months to complete a set is not justifiable.

And those of you who keep quoting boss drops and archaeology are going to have a very sour rude awakening when you realize you will not be able to pull off 100 tickets a month every month. The RNG and statistical probability of obtaining 100 tickets is against you.

It's a 1 in 16 and 2/3rds ratio, which compounds exponentially every month that you will get 100 tickets.

It's both ignorant and insulting for you to use that as a defense of this horrid design.

Actually it took about 2 hours to get relics only missing two for the achive still have some in my bags. So if they are repeatable every month that's around 150-200 tickets a month you can get which includes the dailies. Also with the closed buildings I'm sure more ticket games will be put in.
85 Human Death Knight
12/06/2011 09:36 AMPosted by Harrowmont
I edited my post above.

Fixed :D
31 Draenei Hunter
Another one? Geeze. Nothing is broken don't fix it.

I'll say it again, they should have never added the replica armor. It's a slap in the face to the people that actually got and kept the original gear, even if it was available in Wrath. As long as they're adding in old things, go ahead and let us buy original epic mounts, get the old gladiator mounts, all of the collector edition pets, and, hey, why not the Scarab Lord title and mount? Those last two were even available in Wrath.

Everyone feels entitled these days, in game and out, and its sickening. If you actually want something do the work. It isn't as hard, tedious, and doesn't take as long as everyone in these threads is making it out to be.

Sure it may be fun, but its also vanity, it doesn't effect progression at all. I say this because it means it doesn't matter if you get it right now, you don't need them for the new 5 mans, raids, or PvP season. They'll be just as useful when you earn them months from now.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

You know you can get the same relics from stockades, sm gy, and strat right for way less effort and no one to roll against you.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]