Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Excuse you but this isn't a time sink grind for raid or heroic gear items. This is a "Time WAIT of 3 weeks" + "Kill lower level bosses for a 10% drop item 8 hours a day for 7 days in a week" in order to build up enough tickets to buy the LOOK of items that were removed from the game because the devs were too lazy to adjust the cost of the items.

This is not justifiable. 7-9 months to complete a set is not justifiable.

And those of you who keep quoting boss drops and archaeology are going to have a very sour rude awakening when you realize you will not be able to pull off 100 tickets a month every month. The RNG and statistical probability of obtaining 100 tickets is against you.

It's a 1 in 16 and 2/3rds ratio, which compounds exponentially every month that you will get 100 tickets.

It's both ignorant and insulting for you to use that as a defense of this horrid design.

dude do some research i "farmed " every thing in a 3 hour period different bosses have different drop rates !@#$ i got an artifact off every boss in the nexus in one run so i gonna go with that prolly wasn't luck or a ten percent drop , and that isnt going to change on a month to month basis ,not to mention you sound like 12 year old trying to explain stats. i really just feel sorry that you are so convinced its gonna take you that long to farm out your set cause its really just pathetic , and once again the only persion who is lazy here is you not the developers who came up with this idea for transmog and took out old sets that you had 6 years to farm deal with it.
85 Human Death Knight
Actually it took about 2 hours to get relics only missing two for the achive still have some in my bags. So if they are repeatable every month that's around 150-200 tickets a month you can get which includes the dailies. Also with the closed buildings I'm sure more ticket games will be put in.

it took YOU two hours.

What part of that is not reaching people like yourself who do not understand that YOUR experience is not indicative of someone else's experience - that's because you're betting at the SLOT MACHINE (i.e. RNG).

What MIGHT take YOU two hours might take someone else 6-8. In essence YOU ARE WRONG because YOU FAIL at statistical math and understanding how Random Number Generators work.

- to the death knight above:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657610824?page=17#337

I did my research.

I showed my work.

Your "luck" is not indicative of the actual reality for everyone involved. Reading posts like yours is like reading posts from some idiot who brags about getting rare loot off of Shannox, then telling everyone to "Go raid!". That idiot forgot that he was one out of 10 or 25 people who won the internal roll (meaning 9-24 other people did NOT), and that idiot also forgot that raid lock outs happen once a week. I do use the word idiot appropriately here, because you have to be an idiot to use and believe that kind of argument.
Edited by Elineé on 12/6/2011 9:45 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
Wait... It's Darkmoon FairE isn't it?

Am I the only who who realizes it's Darkmoon Faire, or is it actually Fair? /confused.
While I agree with the OP to a certain extent, I feel a lot of his complaints are assumption based. To address a few of his complaints:

"I don't want to farm low level dungeons." While that may be fine for you, keep in mind that the faire is meant to be doable by a wide range of levels. Just because you have an 85 does not mean that other people who are picking up this game for the first time do.

You've also assumed that gaining tickets at a high rate for things that have clearly been implemented for the sole purpose of aquiring additional tickets is an exploit. I can think of no reason for your thought process to work this way aside from the fact that writting them off as exploits assists in proving your mathmatical equation.

A fair amount of your complaints are based on the assumption that the profession based quests will not reset every month. There's really no reason to think this way. Since the DMF is a monthly event, marking the quests with the daily repeatable blue marker would cause confussion. It's far more reasonable to expect that they will be repeatable monthly quests as oposed to one time only.

There's also the fact that the faire grounds themselves have a lot of "in construction" areas. I've been playing this game a loooooooong time, and I can tell you from personal experience that there has never been a quest hub that had obvious points for expansion that didn't progressively open up new quests as the server progressed through the zone.

While I do feel that making the statless transmorg gear dependent on ticket aquisition for a purchase is a gross exploitation of the daily system, I've been playing this game long enough to pick up on the hints of zone expansion and I know that this isn't the final draft of the DMF. Be patient, it's going to get bigger. More dailies will become available. As someone who was playing during the opening of the AQ gates, I can tell you this could be worse.
87 Blood Elf Priest
OP, I admire your calm, logical attitude especially in the face of such opposition. I greatly agree with you on the ridiculousness of this system, and have decided not to participate. Yea, it's a bit of a bummer, but sorry I have better things to do. I had this set at 60 and it'd be nostalgic, but that's about it. I'll live without it, thanks for nothing Blizz with the worst time sink ever invented. :(

Oh and I don't need to do it for recolors of pets I already have either. :/
Edited by Keiren on 12/6/2011 9:44 AM PST
100 Dwarf Hunter
well then it seems the DMF failed guys. lets go back to the old one then. only 3 vanity pets you get for about 3 or 4 gold and call it a day.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2011 09:41 AMPosted by Elineé
Actually it took about 2 hours to get relics only missing two for the achive still have some in my bags. So if they are repeatable every month that's around 150-200 tickets a month you can get which includes the dailies. Also with the closed buildings I'm sure more ticket games will be put in.

it took YOU two hours.

What part of that is not reaching people like yourself who do not understand that YOUR experience is not indicative of someone else's experience - that's because you're betting at the SLOT MACHINE (i.e. RNG).

What MIGHT take YOU two hours might take someone else 6-8. In essence YOU ARE WRONG because YOU FAIL at statistical math and understanding how Random Number Generators work.

You sound way to emotionally involved with this to have any type of reasonable talk. If someone doesn't agree with you, you just break out the name calling and try to be as rude as possible. In no way have I even tried to attack you, was just sayin it isn't always the worst possible scenario and can take way less time to farm said items.
85 Draenei Hunter
I think people are just jumping on a bandwagon now. When I logged out last night, I had about 120 tickets, maybe a little more or less (I was sleepy and don't remember).

And the Faire isn't over yet. And I'm still missing two of the turn ins (the runes and treatise).
You can get them in low level dungeons and the drop rates are pretty darn high. There are some really handy guides on farming them over in the WoWhead comments on each item, go check them out.

Sure, if you're just doing the dailies, it'll take forever. But there's the turn ins and six profession quests. It isn't going to take as long as you think if you do those every month.
Edited by Esmerault on 12/6/2011 9:48 AM PST
100 Orc Warrior
You can throw out all the numbers you want, it just boils down to not going out and doing what needs to be done to get the most you can from this event. Now its possible that you dont have the time, in that case im sorry. This game is all about having the time to do things. Those that have the time get the rewards quicker. People with less free time are at a slight disadvantge. I have the time to do what i want in this game. But to say you want something faster because you dont have time available isnt going to work. All the way back to vanilla you had to work for your rewards, it hasnt changed and wont. id love it if i had some measuring tool that would tell me how close i am the bug mount, barons mount, ravenlord, and any other mounts im currently farming but i dont. I can however check my toon and see how close i am to one of the mounts at the faire. Two months for the first one, a third month for the second one. Works for me.
100 Dwarf Paladin
I read your whole mathmatical blowup at the MVP and I gotta say I agree with it. I ran the new dungeons many.. many.. times for the gear on my alternate and on this toon for xmog and I have only seen two artifacts drop... didn't win either of them.

I ran End Time 13 times on my alternate.
I ran Well of Eternity 11 times on my alternate.
I ran Hour of Twilight 15 times on my alternate.

I ran End Time 3 times on this toon.
I ran Well of Eternity 3 times on this toon.
I ran Hour of Twilight 4 times on this toon.

49 Runs, 2 artifacts, didn't win either. (Multiple Bosses in each run)

You know you can get the same relics from stockades, sm gy, and strat right for way less effort and no one to roll against you.

I was running for gear on my alternate and xmog for this toon. That is just showing how rare the drops are in the current dungeons.
it took YOU two hours.

ok well here let me lay this out for you in a simple manner that proves your 10% drop chance wrong cause they way you are sitting there saying im farming this item on a boss that only drops it at a 1% rate is just dumb and that is your faultb not mine but none the less here is a list of bosses proven to drop the bosses many of them in 1 or 2 kills

Monstrous Egg from Nerub'enkan in Stratholme
Monstrous Egg from Gahz'rilla in Zul'Farrak
Monstrous Egg from Skadi the Ruthless in Utgarde Pinnacle - Same boss who drop Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake *hint*
Monstrous Egg from Anub'arak in Azjol-Nerub
Monstrous Egg from Mutanus the Devourer in Wailing Caverns
Monstrous Egg from Cyanigosa in The Violet Hold

Imbued Crystal from Taragaman the Hungerer in Ragefire Chasm - Orgrimmar (Horde)
Imbued Crystal from Princess Theradras in Maraudon
Imbued Crystal from Balnazzar in Stratholme
Imbued Crystal from Ras Frostwhisper in Scholomance
Imbued Crystal from Ormorok the Tree-Shaper in The Nexus
Imbued Crystal from High Inquisitor Whitemane in Scarlet Monastery - Cathedral
Imbued Crystal from Queen Azshara in Well of Eternity - One of the new Heroics

Ornate Weapon from Herod in Scarlet Monastery
Ornate Weapon from Lord Aurius Rivendare in Stratholme
Ornate Weapon from Admiral Ripsnarl in The Deadmines
Ornate Weapon from Overlord Wyrmthalak in Blackrock Spire
Ornate Weapon from Randolph Moloch in The Stockade - Stormwind (Alliance)

A Treatise on Strategy from Commander Ulthok in Throne of the Tides - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from General Umbriss in Grim Batol - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Commander Springvale in Shadowfang Keep - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Admiral Ripsnarl in The Deadmines - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from General Husam in Lost City of the Tol'vir - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Rajh in Halls of Origination - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Slabhide in The Stonecore - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Grand Vizier Ertan in The Vortex Pinnacle - Heroic

notice how only one boss of the new 5 mans is on there its a wonderr the odds are against you
90 Blood Elf Warlock

Excuse you but this isn't a time sink grind for raid or heroic gear items. This is a "Time WAIT of 3 weeks" + "Kill lower level bosses for a 10% drop item 8 hours a day for 7 days in a week" in order to build up enough tickets to buy the LOOK of items that were removed from the game because the devs were too lazy to adjust the cost of the items.

This is not justifiable. 7-9 months to complete a set is not justifiable.

And those of you who keep quoting boss drops and archaeology are going to have a very sour rude awakening when you realize you will not be able to pull off 100 tickets a month every month. The RNG and statistical probability of obtaining 100 tickets is against you.

It's a 1 in 16 and 2/3rds ratio, which compounds exponentially every month that you will get 100 tickets.

It's both ignorant and insulting for you to use that as a defense of this horrid design.

Oh God The Horror of Earning Gear, What Ever Shall I Do?!? *sits in a empty room crying, "why can't I get my gear sooner?"*

I could careless about the DarkMoon Fair rewards, I go there to have "Fun". Yes, "Fun" I'm not mindlessly driven to get pets and vanity clothing for transmog. Oh God, I'm must being saying blasphemy here."

Quit the !@#$%ing, and do what has to be done.
100 Tauren Druid
Just make the all the rewards be Non Bind on Pickup so you can buy on the Auction House or farm on your alts.

Makes no sense that the Argent Tournament pets are BoE but the Darkmoon Faire prizes aren't.

Or Blizz could make the daily quests give 2 instead of 1 measly prize ticket.
100 Human Priest
I bleh turned all my darkmoon cards just a few weeks ago working on rep - now i have 128 slightly tattered tickets that appear to be worthless?? Does someone know if there is a place to refurbish or trade in those old ones or am i just screwed?
also on a side note 1 round of av netted me 2 of the pvp artifacts yes that is prolly good luck but the key here is you have too loot people to get it but none the less that 20 tickets in 20 minutes how is this hard ?
100 Dwarf Paladin
it took YOU two hours.

ok well here let me lay this out for you in a simple manner that proves your 10% drop chance wrong cause they way you are sitting there saying im farming this item on a boss that only drops it at a 1% rate is just dumb and that is your faultb not mine but none the less here is a list of bosses proven to drop the bosses many of them in 1 or 2 kills

Monstrous Egg from Nerub'enkan in Stratholme
Monstrous Egg from Gahz'rilla in Zul'Farrak
Monstrous Egg from Skadi the Ruthless in Utgarde Pinnacle - Same boss who drop Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake *hint*
Monstrous Egg from Anub'arak in Azjol-Nerub
Monstrous Egg from Mutanus the Devourer in Wailing Caverns
Monstrous Egg from Cyanigosa in The Violet Hold

Imbued Crystal from Taragaman the Hungerer in Ragefire Chasm - Orgrimmar (Horde)
Imbued Crystal from Princess Theradras in Maraudon
Imbued Crystal from Balnazzar in Stratholme
Imbued Crystal from Ras Frostwhisper in Scholomance
Imbued Crystal from Ormorok the Tree-Shaper in The Nexus
Imbued Crystal from High Inquisitor Whitemane in Scarlet Monastery - Cathedral
Imbued Crystal from Queen Azshara in Well of Eternity - One of the new Heroics

Ornate Weapon from Herod in Scarlet Monastery
Ornate Weapon from Lord Aurius Rivendare in Stratholme
Ornate Weapon from Admiral Ripsnarl in The Deadmines
Ornate Weapon from Overlord Wyrmthalak in Blackrock Spire
Ornate Weapon from Randolph Moloch in The Stockade - Stormwind (Alliance)

A Treatise on Strategy from Commander Ulthok in Throne of the Tides - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from General Umbriss in Grim Batol - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Commander Springvale in Shadowfang Keep - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Admiral Ripsnarl in The Deadmines - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from General Husam in Lost City of the Tol'vir - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Rajh in Halls of Origination - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Slabhide in The Stonecore - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Grand Vizier Ertan in The Vortex Pinnacle - Heroic

notice how only one boss of the new 5 mans is on there its a wonderr the odds are against you

I wonder where you got your information, one of the two artifacts that dropped for me was in Hour of Twilight.
Edited by Harrowmont on 12/6/2011 9:52 AM PST
Just make the all the rewards be Non Bind on Pickup so you can buy on the Auction House or farm on your alts.

Makes no sense that the Argent Tournament pets are BoE but the Darkmoon Faire prizes aren't.

i support this idea so i can make money off of all these lazy whiners
85 Draenei Shaman
Blizzard knows you'd be bored with your stuff if they just gave it to you that easily. So they have you be patient and work for your goal so you'll gain an appreciation for value and love it all the more
85 Blood Elf Hunter
1. Use alts
8 toons can get one set of vanity gear a week with work. When they make pets account wide in MoP then you will get all the pets on each toon if you get a different pet on each toon now.

Wait so... If I do the Darkmoon dailies on ALL of my toons, the tickets are account-wide so I can buy a set with them all ? Like, if I earned 25 tickets on my mage, they'll be usable by this Hunter ?

Please say yes ! *crosses fingers*
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]