Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2011 09:49 AMPosted by Sunburst
I bleh turned all my darkmoon cards just a few weeks ago working on rep - now i have 128 slightly tattered tickets that appear to be worthless?? Does someone know if there is a place to refurbish or trade in those old ones or am i just screwed?

I have a guildie who has 1,000 of them and from all the research he has done he's come to the conclusion that he's screwed:(
85 Human Death Knight
"I don't want to farm low level dungeons." While that may be fine for you, keep in mind that the faire is meant to be doable by a wide range of levels. Just because you have an 85 does not mean that other people who are picking up this game for the first time do.

You've also assumed that gaining tickets at a high rate for things that have clearly been implemented for the sole purpose of aquiring additional tickets is an exploit. I can think of no reason for your thought process to work this way aside from the fact that writting them off as exploits assists in proving your mathmatical equation.

Actually my comments are this:

Some people are arguing that a level 85 should just go into sm, strath and scholo to farm for the items because it's really fast. My statement was: "Blizzard has NEVER encouraged outgeared people to be rewarded like this by farming lower level instances. It seems bizarre that they would allow people this kind of benefit intentionally. It is most likely a bug or exploit - forcing people to fight same level bosses for the reward."

in otherwords, level 85s probably shouldn't be receiving the level 85 quest drops from scarlet monastery, and this will most likely be fixed in the future. The quest drops from scarlet Monastery are most likely meant ONLY for those between level 30 and 40.

A fair amount of your complaints are based on the assumption that the profession based quests will not reset every month.

No they aren't. I have explicitly stated multiple times I am including the professions as once a month quests.

What I said, which you may be confusing, is that there was chatter from the devs that the profession quests were only originally meant to be once period.

I do find it odd that you get + 5 skillpoints in any profession you have above level 75 every month. Don't you think it's odd that the devs would be awarding skill points in such an easy fashion? Blacksmithing, engineering, et all... all have massive time sinks for a reason, and now we're just going to get + 5 skill points just for fun once a month (which at higher levels cost 500g-1000g just to level 1 point at a time).

Don't you think that's odd? I'm still including the profession quests in my calculations, however.
Edited by Elineé on 12/6/2011 9:53 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
Oh God The Horror of Earning Gear, What Ever Shall I Do?!? *sits in a empty room crying, "why can't I get my gear sooner?"*

Except it's not gear. It's just a different appearance for the gear you already have. I spent six months in Icecrown Citadel, running 10 and 25 man every week that whole time, and didn't complain about that because it made sense that the stuff I was hunting for would take a while, as it was an improvement for my characters abilities.

The replica gear, however, is nothing of the sort. It's just for the sake of vanity and nothing else. So why should I have to spend months farming DMF just to get a couple of complete suits for some low level alts? That's ridiculous. Pets and mounts are one thing, as achievements are tied into those, but replica armor? Who cares if anybody can get a few sets sooner rather than later? Why should I have to spend months farming that fair just so I can have a consistent look for my brand new Priest from level 1 to 85? Really, by the time I get that replica armor I can make that Priest and level him TO 85, at which point my need for that replica armor would vanish as I'd just get him a tier set.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I wonder where you got your information, one of the two tokens that dropped for me was in Hour of Twilight.
im in no way saying this list is complete it started 2 days ago but every one of those bosses has been said to drop its respected item and it seems in most of the groups ive been in im the only one with the book so im the only one that can roll on the item :)
90 Troll Shaman
1. Use alts
8 toons can get one set of vanity gear a week with work. When they make pets account wide in MoP then you will get all the pets on each toon if you get a different pet on each toon now.

Wait so... If I do the Darkmoon dailies on ALL of my toons, the tickets are account-wide so I can buy a set with them all ? Like, if I earned 25 tickets on my mage, they'll be usable by this Hunter ?

Please say yes ! *crosses fingers*

You can get the set on any character and send them to your other characters. Tickets are BoP, but the set pieces aren't.

Just make the all the rewards be Non Bind on Pickup so you can buy on the Auction House or farm on your alts.

Makes no sense that the Argent Tournament pets are BoE but the Darkmoon Faire prizes aren't.

Or Blizz could make the daily quests give 2 instead of 1 measly prize ticket.

Pets? Accessible by all your characters in MoP?
Edited by Quintzaker on 12/6/2011 9:55 AM PST
90 Dwarf Paladin
You get locked out of dungeons if you enter too many anyway. Try farming Stratholme for the mount..
No, I don't think it's "odd". I think you are blowing things out of proportion and needlessly applying a level cap onto a zone that is for all levels. I stand by my advice to be patient.
85 Human Death Knight
12/06/2011 09:47 AMPosted by Krelil
ok well here let me lay this out for you in a simple manner that proves your 10% drop chance wrong cause they way you are sitting there saying im farming this item on a boss that only drops it at a 1% rate is just dumb and that is your faultb not mine but none the less here is a list of bosses proven to drop the bosses many of them in 1 or 2 kills

Out of over 600 posts, at least 40 different posters, and out of 3 guilds (over 300 people I know personally), I guarantee you are a lying troll.

There is no way in hell that you are getting those items from 1 or 2 boss kills. The item is a BLUE QUALITY RARE ITEM. IT IS A 10% RARE DROP (slightly more on raids but that still works out to 10% or less chance of acquisition). YOU ARE LYING.
Edited by Elineé on 12/6/2011 9:57 AM PST
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/06/2011 09:54 AMPosted by Krelil
I wonder where you got your information, one of the two tokens that dropped for me was in Hour of Twilight.
im in no way saying this list is complete it started 2 days ago but every one of those bosses has been said to drop its respected item and it seems in most of the groups ive been in im the only one with the book so im the only one that can roll on the item :)

Ok.
Some people are arguing that a level 85 should just go into sm, strath and scholo to farm for the items because it's really fast. My statement was: "Blizzard has NEVER encouraged outgeared people to be rewarded like this by farming lower level instances. It seems bizarre that they would allow people this kind of benefit intentionally. It is most likely a bug or exploit - forcing people to fight same level bosses for the reward."

in otherwords, level 85s probably shouldn't be receiving the level 85 quest drops from scarlet monastery, and this will most likely be fixed in the future. The quest drops from scarlet Monastery are most likely meant ONLY for those between level 30 and 40.

so now your just tooo good to be 85 and go into sm , ok thats fine go level another toon then and make sure to pick up the book , already did on the toon im leveling right now and its not a level 85 quest its a level 15 boe quest item
85 Orc Shaman

ok well here let me lay this out for you in a simple manner that proves your 10% drop chance wrong cause they way you are sitting there saying im farming this item on a boss that only drops it at a 1% rate is just dumb and that is your faultb not mine but none the less here is a list of bosses proven to drop the bosses many of them in 1 or 2 kills

Monstrous Egg from Nerub'enkan in Stratholme
Monstrous Egg from Gahz'rilla in Zul'Farrak
Monstrous Egg from Skadi the Ruthless in Utgarde Pinnacle - Same boss who drop Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake *hint*
Monstrous Egg from Anub'arak in Azjol-Nerub
Monstrous Egg from Mutanus the Devourer in Wailing Caverns
Monstrous Egg from Cyanigosa in The Violet Hold

Imbued Crystal from Taragaman the Hungerer in Ragefire Chasm - Orgrimmar (Horde)
Imbued Crystal from Princess Theradras in Maraudon
Imbued Crystal from Balnazzar in Stratholme
Imbued Crystal from Ras Frostwhisper in Scholomance
Imbued Crystal from Ormorok the Tree-Shaper in The Nexus
Imbued Crystal from High Inquisitor Whitemane in Scarlet Monastery - Cathedral
Imbued Crystal from Queen Azshara in Well of Eternity - One of the new Heroics

Ornate Weapon from Herod in Scarlet Monastery
Ornate Weapon from Lord Aurius Rivendare in Stratholme
Ornate Weapon from Admiral Ripsnarl in The Deadmines
Ornate Weapon from Overlord Wyrmthalak in Blackrock Spire
Ornate Weapon from Randolph Moloch in The Stockade - Stormwind (Alliance)

A Treatise on Strategy from Commander Ulthok in Throne of the Tides - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from General Umbriss in Grim Batol - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Commander Springvale in Shadowfang Keep - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Admiral Ripsnarl in The Deadmines - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from General Husam in Lost City of the Tol'vir - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Rajh in Halls of Origination - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Slabhide in The Stonecore - Heroic
A Treatise on Strategy from Grand Vizier Ertan in The Vortex Pinnacle - Heroic

notice how only one boss of the new 5 mans is on there its a wonderr the odds are against you

I wonder where you got your information, one of the two artifacts that dropped for me was in Hour of Twilight.
The information is gathered from people who have posted on WoWhead on what bosses they killed to get a specific artifact.

The list isn't complete by any means.
Edited by Shigar on 12/6/2011 9:58 AM PST
2 Gnome Mage
Continuation of this thread:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657610824

Thread is highly rated with multiple responses.

Original post:

Ok, this is beyond unacceptable.

I understand blizzard wanting some people to feel special for completing shadow craft when they were level 80 farming the level 50 dungeons (such as strath) in their lich king gear by making the armor a semi-costly purchase.

But if any of you have done the math as I have, it would take 7 months to complete a singular set.

What kind of bull is this?

7 Months to complete a set that was removed for the sole reason of "Well we wanted to update the lower level content and didn't want to leave incomplete sets in the game."

Honestly?!

Either up the tickets from the daily quests or do an across the board 50% reduction of all costs for every DMF item in the game.

There's a difference between keeping something special and giving your players the middle finger. This is beyond extreme. You've actually adopted the EverQuest model for equipment purchases. I thought WoW was supposed to SAVE people from the EverQuest model. These items don't even have stats on them and are not tradeable. This is just for LOOKS! I mean COME ON! To top it off it'll take a YEAR just to get a mount and a pet.

Do you want to keep players interested in the game, or do you want to piss them off? Because I gotta tell you, adopting the EverQuest model of "Hehe once a month you can only get 50 tickets at most (assuming you can redo the profession quests once per month)- GOOD LUCK for the REST of the month and the year!" is really the wrong way to go.

Oh, and Blizz, the Blackened Defias Chestpiece - still missing! 1/2 of the defias gear is IN THE GAME. There's no justification NOT to put the two remaining pieces back in as drops from Ripsnarl and Cookie.

edit: Oh and to those of you who will read this thread who are looking back at how many "tickets" you've collected on Day 1, you need to know this. The majority of your tickets, about 20 or so, came from Yellow Quests. Now these quests might be "once a month", but I'm not so sure about that. The daily quests (and there are what, 5 or 6?) give you 1 ticket each. Don't be fooled by the "boost" you got on day one. It will take you easily 7 months to 1 year to get a full set of Dungeon Set 1-2 armor. That's if you're going straight for the armor and not the mounts/pets.

Further post regarding the actual drop rate of the "dungeon drops" that people keep ignorantly quoting as "a good way to farm and get above 100 tickets a week":
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657610824?page=17#337

The response from people who are arguing against me say these things:

1. Use alts!
A. This one was posted by an MVP. Is it blizzard's position that we have to use 10+ ALTS in order to accomplish something on a main?

2. Stop crying you don't need this you should THANK Blizzard.
A. For changing things from the PTR to live without explanation? Feels like bait and switch.

3. Your just crying about vanity items, they're worthless anyway.
A. So you determine what I and others think might be fun?

4. Fun things in games require WORK this is no different than Molten Front, you just want everything on the first day!
A. No, it doesn't and no, we don't. First of all molten front was a persistent in world concept. We weren't forced to play during a short period of one week a month, forced to farm dungeons (including older dungeons which seems more like a bug than actual game) 24 hours a day just to get a rare 10% drop turn in in order to supplement the poor reward rate of daily tickets. Second of all, we're saying it's ridiculous to expect people to farm for 7-12 months just to get a complete set of the gear which was taken out of the game solely because blizzard "didn't feel like changing the stats" during the revamp. Many of us would be happy with 3 months, which is still a gated availability of the items, without the ridiculous 7-12 month wait.
I also want to point out there's a vast ocean of difference of doing dailies for 3 months and only doing dailies for 1 week then being artificially forced to wait for 3 weeks before being able to do them again.

5. Stop crying we can get 100 tickets a day! You don't know how to farm.
A. The only possible way you are getting 100 tickets a day is if you're sitting on your lazy butt for 6-8 hours farming 60-80 bosses just to get a rare with a drop rate of 10% (remember, you can only do 5 dungeons an hour). If you got lucky and got 5 rares after 8 boss kills, then you got lucky. That's RNG. I refer you to this post which explains the statistical probability of 10% drop rate in an open ended pay off:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657610824?page=17#337

IF Blizzard is forcing people to behave like this in order to get the tickets, then they might as well rename themselves to EverCamp. That's what EverQuest was LIKE - exactly what it was like. I remember farming trade goods all too well. It was horrendous, and intolerable.

Regardless, forcing people to play alts, forcing people to farm dozens and dozens of level 20-50 bosses in order to turn in a daily quest reward just to make the ticket gains tolerable, is intolerable in itself and demonstrates that something is BROKEN with this implementation.

It's just a game, man. If you don't like it, you don't have to play it.
90 Dwarf Hunter
I read your whole mathmatical blowup at the MVP and I gotta say I agree with it. I ran the new dungeons many.. many.. times for the gear on my alternate and on this toon for xmog and I have only seen two artifacts drop... didn't win either of them.

I ran End Time 13 times on my alternate.
I ran Well of Eternity 11 times on my alternate.
I ran Hour of Twilight 15 times on my alternate.

I ran End Time 3 times on this toon.
I ran Well of Eternity 3 times on this toon.
I ran Hour of Twilight 4 times on this toon.

49 Runs, 2 artifacts, didn't win either. (Multiple Bosses in each run)

And many of the artifacts drop in low level dungeons too..stocks...RFC...SM...is your little 85 too low to run those places ....I think not....and again its been posted by blizzard that professions and new artifact turn in's will come up each month...so stop your freaking QQ.....
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/06/2011 09:58 AMPosted by Gearscore
It's just a game, man. If you don't like it, you don't have to play it.

no they are saying they want to go back to the old DMF that had next to nothing at it
85 Draenei Hunter

So do that now and if it is a bug and they change it so you can't or the drops aren't BoE, then complain then.

I do find it odd that you get + 5 skillpoints in any profession you have above level 75 every month. Don't you think it's odd that the devs would be awarding skill points in such an easy fashion? Blacksmithing, engineering, et all... all have massive time sinks for a reason, and now we're just going to get + 5 skill points just for fun once a month (which at higher levels cost 500g-1000g just to level 1 point at a time)

They let you get a skill point every day from cooking and fishing dailies. I know its not main professions, but its still something. Also, it rarely costs 500g-1000g just for one point as most professions give multiple points for crafting an item at higher levels.
Out of over 600 posts, at least 40 different posters, and out of 3 guilds (over 300 people I know personally), I guarantee you are a lying troll.

There is no way in hell that you are getting those items from 1 or 2 boss kills. The item is a BLUE QUALITY RARE ITEM. IT IS A 10% RARE DROP (slightly more on raids but that still works out to 10% or less chance of acquisition). YOU ARE LYING.

you are clearly a joke and as an added bonus the raid one soothsayer is a 90% drop that everyone in the raid can loot
85 Human Death Knight
12/06/2011 09:56 AMPosted by Phoebie
No, I don't think it's "odd". I think you are blowing things out of proportion and needlessly applying a level cap onto a zone that is for all levels. I stand by my advice to be patient.

Really? How is using math to prove that people are wrong blowing things out of proportion? How is examining blizzard's drop rate and then comparing it with its past policies blowing it out of proportion?

Blizzard puts level caps on everything. With all of the buggy quests and bugged drop rates, I'm saying I wouldn't expect things to stay exactly like this.

EVEN IF THEY DO the drop rates are insane. People who are lucky and getting items quickly are making up anecdotal straw mans that do not agree with the math. 7-9 months is asinine, and that's how the current system is designed. I can get two full sets of VP gear in that time, and yet I have to wait 7-9 months for Dungeon Set gear that was removed because the devs didn't feel like wasting time to adjust the stats on the sets to match the current dungeons?
90 Dwarf Paladin
I read your whole mathmatical blowup at the MVP and I gotta say I agree with it. I ran the new dungeons many.. many.. times for the gear on my alternate and on this toon for xmog and I have only seen two artifacts drop... didn't win either of them.

And many of the artifacts drop in low level dungeons too..stocks...RFC...SM...is your little 85 too low to run those places ....I think not....and again its been posted by blizzard that professions and new artifact turn in's will come up each month...so stop your freaking QQ.....

Your words cut me like a butter knife. I have yet to complain, I simply stated facts. I was not doing the dungeons for the artifacts, I was doing the dungeons (for the third time) for gear on my alternate and xmog on this toon. Blizzard locks you out of dungeons if you enter too many, clearly discouraging dungeon farming, so this is what the average 85 player will look like.
85 Orc Shaman

They only drop from certain bosses. Not every boss drops an artifact and the ones that do, drop a specific one.
Edited by Shigar on 12/6/2011 10:02 AM PST
12/06/2011 09:57 AMPosted by Krelil
"Blizzard has NEVER encouraged outgeared people to be rewarded like this by farming lower level instances.

And that's why you can't even enter strat, CoS, KZ or any other content that drops a mount once you exceed the level range for the dungeon. Wait...you can? Oops. My bad.

My point is this: does it suck that Blizzard decided to turn our vanity against us in requiring even more time sink participation to get vanity items? Yes. Lots. Even more sucky is that there's still some gear that they flat out removed and didn't reimplement. For example: there was a quest that rewarded a purple recolor of the swashbuckler's shirt that just doesn't exist in the game any more. That doesn't mean inflating statistics and making up "facts" is going to make you look like a sane person trying to prove your point.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]