[Guide] How to Transmogrify

90 Undead Priest
thanks
Reply Quote
13 Goblin Hunter

you have gnomes/goblins in this game as playable races and several quests involving outhouses. dignity left long ago.

I'm actually quite dignifed, thank you very much. Being short and green does not mean I'm a joke!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I have a question about transmog, how far back of gear can we obtain? I like the field marshalls regalia and the valorous frostfire set, are either of those still in game?
Reply Quote
99 Tauren Druid
10/18/2012 06:36 AMPosted by Dlm
field marshalls regalia

You need to have had Legionairre/Knight Marshall ranking in the Vanilla PvP system to get this set for transmog.

10/18/2012 06:36 AMPosted by Dlm
valorous frostfire set

Should still be available.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wooooowwwwww, really? Just wasted 150g because of this.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
You're a paladin. You should know that thread necromancy is a sin against The Light.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Rainblitz
Wooooowwwwww, really? Just wasted 150g because of this.

I think I speak for most of us when I say I have no idea what you're talking about.

You're a paladin. You should know that thread necromancy is a sin against The Light.

Psssst. Blood Elf Paladin. They're sorta different, or so I've been told. I'm not really sure, Paladins make me feel all icky.
Reply Quote
12/07/2011 02:37 PMPosted by Sharkon
  • One-handed weapons cannot take on the appearance of main hand or off-hand restricted items. This is because some main and off-hand weapons have models that are designed specifically for one hand or the other, mainly fist weapons. However, main and off-hand weapons are allowed to use the appearances of one-handed weapons.

• Huh never knew this. Interesting. Nice post.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    12/06/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Hylt
  • One-handed weapons cannot take on the appearance of main hand or off-hand restricted items. This is because some main and off-hand weapons have models that are designed specifically for one hand or the other, mainly fist weapons. However, main and off-hand weapons are allowed to use the appearances of one-handed weapons.

• Huh never knew this. Interesting. Nice post.

This might actually be changing in patch 5.2, as pondered openly by some of the designers. Stay on your toes with the news! :D
    Reply Quote
    Thank you for a simple and well articulated article. Straight, and to the point. I didn't think people knew how to write coherent sentences anymore. Well done.
    Reply Quote
    80 Night Elf Hunter
    to strict. i want a hat!! and short shorts!!!!!!!
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    01/25/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Bummer
    to strict. i want a hat!! and short shorts!!!!!!!

Take your whining to the General forum.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Shaman
    Updated for 5.2.

Wish I'd reserved the second post for future updates; I'm really riding the post character limit.

This might actually be changing in patch 5.2, as pondered openly by some of the designers. Stay on your toes with the news! :D

It seems they decided not to, or at least if they did, it was an undocumented change. I'll be trying it once the servers are back up just in case it's the latter.

Update: It appears that rather than remove the restriction, Blizzard has simply converted all main hand weapons into one-handers in an undocumented change. I'll be keeping an eye out for any weapons that still have the Main Hand tag just in case it was actually "most" and not "all," but for now I'm going with the latter assumption. There do appear to still be off-hand restricted weapons, though.
    Edited by Sharkon on 3/5/2013 2:10 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Shaman
    Updated again to document a bug with the MH weapon conversion and a workaround measure.

And again: the guide is now also available in glorious VIDEO!

And once again: hello wowhead staff! The version of this guide being submitted to you is indeed from me.
    Edited by Sharkon on 3/10/2013 3:27 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    40 Dwarf Paladin
    Well golly, now I feel foolish. Thank you very much!
    Reply Quote
    Now available in video! http://youtu.be/c7lgwxDjNIo

#mammothbutt xD

Video quality was meh, but overall I liked this, very basic and to the point. Bonus points for the background music and dialogue boxes ^.^ (and the grunt Tmog, which I've honestly considered for a mage or monk just cuz)
    Edited by Drewb on 3/11/2013 12:02 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Shaman
    Video quality was meh

Yeah, my recording software is a cheap one I bought back in Wrath. :P

The main point was just to have a visual version of the guide for players who learn better that way.

and the grunt Tmog, which I've honestly considered for a mage or monk just cuz

You're out of luck for a mage, since the armor pieces that comprise that set are leather. Monks are fine though; in fact, that's my orc monk in the video.

[Edit] Woo! Now also available on wowhead! The wowhead version will probably end up being more comprehensive over time, as I won't have to contend with character limits every time I need to add something to it.
    Edited by Sharkon on 3/11/2013 12:51 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    20 Worgen Druid
    Is there a way to RE-Transmogrify back to the the original items? :/
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Shaman
    Is there a way to RE-Transmogrify back to the the original items? :/

Yes:

If you change your mind, the process can be reverted for free by going back to the transmogrifier with the item equipped, and clicking on the item's box in the mogging window so a yellow arrow appears. Alternatively, it can simply be transmogrified again into another item.
    Reply Quote
    85 Draenei Mage
    BOA sent through mail transmogrify is removed..... what the crap lol. Negates the only time I'd ever use this -_-
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]