Healing H Yor'sahj - the Purple Ooze

90 Pandaren Priest
I was hoping to compile a list of abilities and whether or not they add stacks of Deep Corruption to help with H Yor'sahj where letting the purple ooze go through is often preferable.

I've been busy reading threads and below is what I've compiled. Thanks to anyone who has ever posted their findings in a thread related to Yor'sahj and the purple ooze. I'd love to fill in the blanks and add more spells where it might be debatable how many stacks they add so please feel free to contribute!

My research so far:

Druid

Effloresence - NO STACKS (I'd love to get this checked as my guess is it's supposed to act like Healing Rain/Holy Word: Sanctuary and give a stack on entry).
Lifebloom - 1 stack per cast. (NO STACKS on bloom)
Rejuvenation - 1 stack on initial application
Swiftment - 1 stack on the person swiftmended.
Tranquility - 1 stack per tick (i.e. a raid killer)
Wild Growth - 1 stack for each person hit by Wild Growth

Shaman

Chain Heal - 1 stack for each person it bounces to.
Earthliving - NO STACKS
Earth Shield - NO STACKS
Healing Rain - 1 stack upon entering. If you leave and re-enter, you gain another stack.
Healing Stream Totem - NO STACKS
Riptide - 1 stack on initial application
Spirit Link - NO STACKS (Although one report of it blowing up the raid. More info needed).
Unleash Elements (Earthliving) - 1 stack

Paladin
Beacon of Light - NO STACKS
Guardian of Ancient Kings - NO STACKS
Lay on Hands - NO STACKS
Holy Radiance - 1 stack for initial application (i.e. if it hits 4 people, 4 people get 1 stack).
Word of Glory - NO STACKS

Priest

Atonement - 1 stack
Binding Heal - 1 stack to the person you heal. More testing on whether stacks on the Priest.
Desperate Prayer - NO STACKS
Divine Hymn - 1 stack per tick (i.e. will wipe your raid)
Echo of Light (Holy Mastery) - NO STACKS
Guardian Spirit - ??
Holy Fire (with Atonement) - 1 stack per tick. Do not use if you have atonement.
Holy Word: Sanctuary - 1 stack upon entering. If you leave and re-enter, you gain another stack.
Holy Word: Serenity - 1 stack
Lightwell - 1 stack per buff gain (i.e. when the person clicks)
Penance - 1 stack for the whole channeled cast (i.e. not 1 per tick)
Power Word: Shield - 1 stack (even when glyphed)
Prayer of Healing - 1 stack
Prayer of Mending - NO STACKS
Renew - 1 stack on initial application (Renewing Renew in Serenity Chakra with a direct heal only adds 1 stack from the direct heal and none from the renewing the Renew. Yes, there are probably better ways to express this).

Other Abilities

Generally, most other abilities that are not used by a healing class will not add a stack.

Deathknight Anti Magic Zone - Possibly adding 1 stack per person under it.
Deathknight Bloodwordms - 1 report of adding stacks. Need more info please!
Deathknight Deathstrike - no stacks
Deathknight Death Pact - no stacks
Deathknight Rune Tap - no stacks
Druid Leader of the Pack - no stacks
Hunter Chimera Shot - no stacks
Mage Glyphed Evocate - no stacks
Paladin Divine Storm - no stacks
Priest Vampiric Embrace - no stacks
Rogue Recuperate - no stacks
Warlock Drain Life - no stacks
Warlock Fel Armor - no stacks
Warlock Healthstones - no stacks

Dranei Gift of the Naaru - 1 stack

Healing Potions - no stacks
Mysterious Potion - possibly a stack

Set Bonuses, Trinkets and Weapon Procs
No stacks. Use your Maw of the Dragonlord with no fear!

Abilities that Affect Stacks
Mage Ice Block - Clears stacks
Paladin Divine Shield - Still gives stacks

Further information needed for Hand of Protection.

Helpful Threads
Below are the main threads that I've come across that discuss what triggers stacks of Deep Corruption:

Yor'sahj Purple Ooze Clarification - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657443252
Yor'sahj and Purple - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1037455-Yor-sahj-and-purple
Edited by Kiriel on 12/30/2011 5:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
TG
Paladin
Beacon of Light - no stacks
Holy Radiance - ??
Word of Glory - no stacks (although I've only seen one mention of this).

Confirming WoG generates no stacks.
Confirming Holy Radiance wipes the raid.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Paladin
Beacon of Light - no stacks
Holy Radiance - ??
Word of Glory - no stacks (although I've only seen one mention of this).

Confirming WoG generates no stacks.
Confirming Holy Radiance wipes the raid.

Thanks and edited to reflect these changes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
TG
I don't think HR gives a stack per tick. I think it only applies a stack on the initial heal, but to everyone. It sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Effloresence - I've seen mentions of 1 stack when you first enter. I've also read mentions that it adds no stacks. Any further information will be appreciated.
Rejuvenation - 1 stack on initial application
Tranquility - 1 stack per tick (i.e. a raid killer)
Wild Growth - 1 stack for each person hit by Wild Growth

Efflo did not add ticks
Rejuv adds 1 on cast
Tranq 1 per tick
WG 1 for each person who gets it
SM 1 for cast
t12 4set, didnt notice it adding a tick for the person who SM doubled onto.
LB 1 per cast
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Thanks, trying to persuade my raid to go in before the actual raid time so I can test atonement and a few things.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Spirit link totem doesn't seem to add any stacks from what I've seen. Also I may be wrong but I used chain heal and only the first hit proc'd a stack, no other people got a stack, i'll look into it more!
Edited by Sensations on 12/7/2011 8:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
atonement doesnt seem to trigger it either!

edit: nvm, atonement does proc it for sure
Edited by Jumpies on 12/7/2011 8:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
And PoH triggers 2 stacks, according to the above poster^
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
yea, im not sure if thats intended or not, but it seems to trigger from the heal AND the divine aegis afterwards x.x

as disc, of course

also edited by above post, atonement does trigger it!
Edited by Jumpies on 12/7/2011 8:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Really? I just tried atonement and it didn't trigger for me. Mind you, I tested on the small oozes and not the actual boss but it should be the same.

As to who I tested, I had everyone kill the 2 other oozes so only the purple ooze was up. My raid frames showed the debuff and also the stacks. Although I had other healers with me, they were told not to heal so I could heal and watch the stacks and count my heals. Other heals were only used when I called for it.

From what I tried:

Atonement - no stacks (I tried this multiple times)
Holy Word: Serenity - 1 stack
Healing Totem - no stack
Vampiric Embrace - no stack
Leader of the Pack - no stack
Priest t12 4 set - no stack
Recuperate - no stack
Chimera Shot - no stack

And oh god to my raid who decided that when I wanted to test lightwell they should spam click. 1 stack per click.

Unfortunately I didn't have a druid or pally healer with me and I forgot to test PoH. Darn, forgot to ask my shaman to chain heal. Will update list now.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
yea i tested it on the small ooze's first and it didnt trigger, but it does on the boss

kind of strange
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Bah, that might have ruined my healing plans for tonight. I'll wait and see if me and the other disc priest manage to wipe the raid tonight with dual Atonement.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/07/2011 08:53 PMPosted by Kiriel
Bah, that might have ruined my healing plans for tonight.

haha mine too :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
My raid found Atonement to apply stacks.
The Holy Priest mastery (Echo of Light) does not apply additional stacks from the heal.
Glyph of Prayer of Healing does not apply additional stacks from the heal.
We found Cauterizing Flame (Priest T12,4pc to cause stacks when it procs).
Eye of Blazing Power trinket seemed to cause stacks when it proc'd from what my raid noticed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Same, we tried a couple attempts with a disc atonement spec, and it was definitely applying stacks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If one were to cast a renew in the serenity chakra on the tank and then cast some direct heals to keep it going is it basically a free renew then (debuff wise)?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Thank you to everyone that replied! I'm trying to keep the list updated as quickly as possible and point out where there still needs to be clarification or where there are different opinions. However, when it becomes obvious that new findings are overwhelming, I'll remove any notes to the abilities (e.g. Atonement). It's a bit difficult as many guilds are running private logs and most people are trying to concentrate on the actual fight rather than counting stacks.

Please keep any information coming so it can be consolidated in one place rather than in a dozen different threads. Any help is more than welcome!

I've edited the summary to add the below:

• It looks like set bonuses and trinkets are causing stacks. I'll try and get this tested later tonight when I actually raid.
  • Atonement is causing stacks on the boss with several reports from the actual boss fight. It is not causing stacks on trash.
  • Echo of Light not causing stacks

Spells/Abilities that need to be clarified:
  • Glyphed Prayer of Healing is likely to be causing only 1 stack but I still see scattered references to 2 stacks. Anyone else like to weigh in with their observations
  • Does Divine Aegis cause stacks? I'd assume not or it'd completely remove Discipline Priests from this fight.
  • Can Renew be refreshed in Serenity Chakra for only 1 stack (i.e. from the direct heal) or does it cause 2 stacks (from the direct heal and the Renew refresh)?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/07/2011 10:19 PMPosted by Kiriel
Can Renew be refreshed in Serenity Chakra for only 1 stack (i.e. from the direct heal) or does it cause 2 stacks (from the direct heal and the Renew refresh)?

Has anyone come up with an answer to this question yet? This and prayer of mending bounces are the two I'm questioning the most. I'm hoping ProM is either 1 stack on initial or none at all. If it stacks on every bounce, it's basically worthless on purple.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
After extensive testing, I can confirm that PAIN SUPPRESSION (yes, flipping Pain Suppression) gives a Corruption stack.

Needless to say, I was sat for Heroic Yorsahj. I'M NOT BITTER AT ALL.

Edit:
Really? I just tried atonement and it didn't trigger for me. Mind you, I tested on the small oozes and not the actual boss but it should be the same.

I was excited at first too. Then we pulled the boss on normal just to be absolutely sure, and I can 100% confirm that Atonement gives a stack.
Edited by Synariel on 12/8/2011 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]