LFR loot rules are totally broken

85 Gnome Priest
So tonight we have 2 plate classes winning agi items.

the first was a dk that won an agi trinket (with a role bonus no less)
Then the Warrior tank that won the agi polearm?

I get popups all the time as my hunter to roll on strength trinks. WHA?ATA>?

seriously people? This isn't rocket science. DK != agi. Hunter != str. Fix the loot rules.
85 Worgen Death Knight
Working as intended.
Nothing to fix here OP. It works just like LFD.
100 Undead Death Knight
The LFR loot rules are the same as the LFD ones that came out two years ago (with the exception of the "role" filter) and you are just now complaining about them?

87 Worgen Hunter
The more i read into the system the more i understand why it is the way it is. Keep on reporting fellow players and while your at it, think of good ways to fix it. Hopefully in a couple of weeks the broken will be the updated to be more specific in loot selection / rolls.
85 Orc Shaman
They said that they don't have a system to track class and spec atm, and can only do it by your role (dps/tank/healer). They did say that in MoP that a system to track class and spec would be implemented I believe.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Blizz said that there are still issues with the loot distribution they hope to be able to fix in MoP, like having rolls be class/spec specific.

Edit: Beaten by 11 seconds!
Edited by Ryaskybird on 12/8/2011 3:50 PM PST
90 Dwarf Shaman
I just lost the agi trinket on Spine encounter to a warrior. What was worse was seeing that it wasn't just him. FIVE warriors and a DK had rolled on that trinket. Is this an effort to bugger someone out of an upgrade or are people really that stupid and ignorant about class stats?
90 Tauren Shaman
I need on everything. If I can Need I do Need. Working as intended.
90 Night Elf Druid
This appears to be a trinket problem more than a 'working as intended' rule. As far as I understand it, players are judged by class and role before being given the bonus - as tanking druid I'd be given a bonus for leather agi, not leather int, while as a dps Druid I'd be given a bonus for both agi and int gear, because it wouldn't know what spec I was, and I wouldn't be given any bonus for str gear no matter what role I was. Forgive me if I am mistaken in understanding this, but that's what the rules seemed like to me! I'd suggest putting in a ticket listing the item and what class took it just so Blizzard is aware that some trinkets are falling through the cracks.
16 Troll Druid
Loot rules are pretty stupid right now and show a bit of laziness on Blizzard's part (the MoP will fix it excuse is pretty lame).

If you really want stuff from LFR, run it with a group of friends or people from your guild. Have everyone roll need on everything for which you are give the Need option. Trade the loot you win among your friends and guild members.

Edit to add:

For trinkets, weapons and accessories, there are a lot of holes right now.

Strength classes CAN roll need and WILL get the bonus on agi trinkets, many weapons, and accessories.

Agility classes CAN roll need and WILL get the bonus on strength trinkets, accessories, and possibly some weapons.

Druid, Shaman, and possibly Paladin DPS CAN roll need and WILL get the bonus on both physical and caster dps trinkets, accessories, and some weapons.

Edited by Natalana on 12/8/2011 4:03 PM PST
100 Undead Death Knight
To Obsolition:

There are some who just roll need when the need button is available without even looking closely at what the item is. Sort of a "reflex" action, just like those who vote yes when a vote kick is offered without even looking at who is being kicked or the reason why.

To Destruction:

You are a jerk and the epitome of everything wrong with player attitudes in this game.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
85 Human Priest
They will never distro loot based on spec. If this were the case, you would have a lot more players angry with warriors queing as tank in all dps gear because they need to work on their tanking set.

Loot distro will never consider spec. Players want to be viable in any scenario. Limiting them on rolling for dps only items cripples their chances of ever gearing a separate spec.

If a warrior tank rolls and wins the 2 handed axe you needed for your dk it's within his right.

The only thing I can agree with is the itemization of stats and classes. Which I think they've done well for the most part. Hunters rolling on str items is a bit wonky but overall the system is working fine.
16 Troll Druid
They will never distro loot based on spec. If this were the case, you would have a lot more players angry with warriors queing as tank in all dps gear because they need to work on their tanking set.

Loot distro will never consider spec. Players want to be viable in any scenario. Limiting them on rolling for dps only items cripples their chances of ever gearing a separate spec.

If a warrior tank rolls and wins the 2 handed axe you needed for your dk it's within his right.

The only thing I can agree with is the itemization of stats and classes. Which I think they've done well for the most part. Hunters rolling on str items is a bit wonky but overall the system is working fine.

So you think it is ok that my hunter has won the strength trinket, my dk has won an agility ring, and a warrior I know has won the agility polearm and bow from DW?

I agree they don't need to micromanage loot, but they do need to remove strength users from agility and agility users from strength, as well as lock druids / shaman into either a caster or a physical dps role in LFR.
85 Orc Warlock
IMO: If this game is hard and you can't do it on normal, then maybe you need to drop kick your computer to the curb.

What's awesome is this clown has killed one raid boss all x-pac, and it was in the LFR.
Edited by Roldiku on 12/8/2011 4:10 PM PST
85 Orc Warrior
I personally think there spastics for wasting there Roll lockouts on stuff they don't need lol
90 Human Hunter

P.S. I will usually trade the item to someone pulling their weight.. But if a "useless" wants it.. I consider it a "Carry Me" tax.

Interesting, considering you look more the type to be getting carried than doing the carrying.
100 Undead Death Knight
P.S. I will usually trade the item to someone pulling their weight.. But if a "useless" wants it.. I consider it a "Carry Me" tax.

So you are the judge, jury, and executioner that decides who is "useless" and undeserving of loot?

Again, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

On this character, I will never roll (need) on an AGI item.
On my Enh Shammy, I will never roll on a STR item.
On my cat druid, I will never roll on a tank item, or an Int item (I have no intention of dual spec to a caster spec on my Druid).
Etc.

I have some consideration of others, no matter how good or bad they may be. Apparently you don't.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]