LFR loot rules are totally broken

90 Undead Warrior
12/08/2011 08:35 PMPosted by Quard

You pointed out the reason in the rest of your post. Technically, it's the same issue as the example I covered with hunters rolling on a two-handed Strength weapons. Spirit is a DPS stat for some classes which, therefore, means items with Spirit are flagged for healing and DPS. This is exactly what I mean by the system needing to be more intelligent.

But CLOTH spirit isn't used for DPS. That should be flagged only for healers, unless it already is.

Shadow priest says hi.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Well, loot issues is one reason why people form raid guilds. TO be fair though, they answered these questions some time ago in the tank forum. They knew it would be an issue. But I think they put it in as a beta to see how things would go.
85 Tauren Shaman
Just lost both of the axes from madness of deathwing to a deathknight......thanks blizzard. Really makes me want to bother with it again.
So, I am wondering , blizz, .... How hard would it really be to let a spec roll on what falls, according to talent spec used for each dungeon? No needs, unless you are in the talent spec of the intended item?
Aww, offspec? maybe that is what your friend's list should be for? Maybe?
No mainspec upgrade? Then apply your fancy + 100 random to greed over disenchant.

A guess might be , to stop any kind of greed, and if you have the ability, don't let someone roll need on what they already own.

Just a thought tossed out, one I'm sure you've seen many a time before.
8 Dwarf Priest
this just in:

some people, without actual threat of force or tangible consequences, will not be good or polite.

coercion is the only tool available for tools.

personally, i blame religions.
7 Tauren Shaman
12/08/2011 08:33 PMPosted by Zerovii

We recognize the issue with duplicate drops being won by the same person as well. This is something we need to fix.

What about people who do need both weapons?
run LFR one more time? big deal.
85 Draenei Mage
Hey folks,

So, just to be clear, we're certainly aware that the loot system in Raid Finder needs to be smarter, as there's currently not a way for the system to determine loot eligibility based on talent specialization or class. To use the OP's example, if a Strength weapon drops and a hunter rolls on it, the system says "Yep, a DPS player is rolling on it. Okie dokie. Here's your +100." (We should really find ways for the game to say "okie dokie" in your chat log.)

This obviously needs to change and we're in the middle of discussing potential short-term solutions, as a more long-term solution will require programming new tech into the system which will account for class/spec.

We only ask that you keep in mind patch 4.3 is our first implementation of Raid Finder and the "Need Plus" system. The design is quite complicated and requires further iteration to make loot distribution more intelligent.

However Zharm, I made a post on the PTR forums about these issues weeks before 4.3 came out and nothing was done about it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595670275

Even back then, I was on my druid tank and the staff dropped from Deathwing and a Frost DK won the roll on it. I made a comment saying that if this went live, then people would be QQing about it. Look what happened, it did go live and people are QQing about it. You cannot say you were not warned because I did give you headroom on the issue.
90 Worgen Druid
It can't be as simple as restricting strength to plate wearers (how plate wearers can only roll on plate), and the same for leather/mail with agi items?
90 Blood Elf Priest
Zahrym come on bud it isn't that difficult from a programming perspective. When the item is made it is put into a database. When an item is created it is designed for certain class / spec combo's. Why not just add another 2 database fields into the existing Database and have the designers put in the potential class / spec use in that field. Going backwards is no where near doable due to the sheer size of the Oracle DB you run. But going forward it should be a very easy task for the item design team to add to the existing database.

If your class / spec is listed in the db then you get to roll. There is little dev time. The hardest part of that is to add them to the DB and create the fields in an already existing DB which is not all that hard either.

It can be hot fixed pretty easily if done right. The work behind the hot fix will be no small task though with regards to adding items to the Database. I suggest starting from Cata on up. Slap an intern on it and GG.

You are utterly clueless.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Id like to see them fix the whole "whole guild joins" things where they control all the vote kicks (watched a raid lead get kicked because guildies decided ooze order was blue-green-yellow and the raid lead marked purple - yellow - red), control the gear (they all need on what they can, then pass it out amongst themselves).

85 Tauren Shaman
so just Tonight downed deathwing and the Meele axe no Kahlid or watever dropped and a Warlock of all classes beats me with a roll of 181 i rolled 180 how on gods green earth did that warlock get the bonus roll and why was he allowed to select need in the first place next week u guys better be having some sort of fixer patch cuz that was crap i got jaked and that lock is prolly only gonna DE taht AXE
85 Tauren Shaman
So tonight in Raid browser killed Deathwing Meele axe that is for basically shammans and i guess roguess god knows y a hunter would want it called no kahlid or sumthing like that a WARLOCK!!!!!!!!! won beat me with a roll of 181 i rolled 180 im seriously aggrivated how was a lock allowed to roll need on that it was completely wron next weeku guys better be fixing this deal its in bad need of it i had alot more to say but code of conduct prevents me from saying what is actually on my mind !!!!!!!!!!
85 Tauren Paladin
12/08/2011 05:36 PMPosted by Zarhym
One thing I'd love to see addressed is for example on madness, if 2x the same weapon drops, it would be nice if there was a way that both drops didn't go to the same person.

We recognize the issue with duplicate drops being won by the same person as well. This is something we need to fix.

Don't fix it too much. I am certain a fury warrior would love to win two two-handers, and an enhance shaman love to win two one-handers that are the same.
90 Human Mage
Short term fix, label "looking for raid" gear with class tags like how tier tokens currently work. The system then checks for the class then the role then reward the 100+ roll bonus just like a tier token in its current looking for raid form.

*edit* looks like this was said multiple times in this post. :P
Edited by Cutes on 12/9/2011 12:28 AM PST
100 Gnome Priest
12/08/2011 08:35 PMPosted by Quard

You pointed out the reason in the rest of your post. Technically, it's the same issue as the example I covered with hunters rolling on a two-handed Strength weapons. Spirit is a DPS stat for some classes which, therefore, means items with Spirit are flagged for healing and DPS. This is exactly what I mean by the system needing to be more intelligent.

But CLOTH spirit isn't used for DPS. That should be flagged only for healers, unless it already is.

Shadow priests use it for hit rating, but eh, it's a tricky thing given the limitations already in place.

I'm just hoping that Blizzard goes with a model that looks at the character's spec rather than role. If you chose Arms at level 10, loot rolls, gear etc should see you as an Arms warrior, not a DPS class.
85 Draenei Shaman
all i know is did a LFR the other night and a dps pally won the spirit healing shield... one asks the question how on earth can a dps pally get the +100 bonus to his role?
85 Tauren Shaman
hunter won the stacking strength trinket from deathwing the other day...however on the plus side he did equip it thinking that it was actually an upgrade, perhaps thats why he was only pulling 6k dps. Then today a resto druid wins the agi fist weapon in hour of twilight from me so he could de =/, I don't think I'll be coming back to this game in the future.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]