LFR loot rules are totally broken

85 Worgen Druid
my tank was a feral druid..he calmly rolled need on a SP weapon after aszhara flew away..and left the group...not fair...theres always a way to fix this but i dont see anyone in the blizzard organization listening to the 80% of us who see how issues can be fixed.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Because everyone seems to be posting about the raid finder loot system I completely agree. The system needs to be smarter. The raid finder chest piece for hunters dropped and a DPS Paly was able to roll. He won this roll. This most definitely pissed me off. Another thing that I believe needs to get fixed is the inability to loot a boss after killing him, even though I did not receive an item. If I am ineligible to loot a boss, it should be because I actually looted an item. Another concern I have is on the rolling system. I just did a random raid finder for Fall of Deathwing, and one hunter won 5/7 items that dropped for a hunter. Not only this, but I got paired with 7 other hunters in a 25-man raid. How is this possible?? The DPS needs to be well balanced, split evenly, that way everyone feels they have a fair chance of winning. If anyone agrees with me please state so. This new raiding system was a smart idea, but incomplete. it ruins the game and makes me not want to raid and earn loot, especially through raid finder.
85 Human Paladin
12/09/2011 12:09 PMPosted by Circy
my tank was a feral druid..he calmly rolled need on a SP weapon after aszhara flew away..and left the group...not fair...theres always a way to fix this but i dont see anyone in the blizzard organization listening to the 80% of us who see how issues can be fixed.

I'm sure they'll get to it. It's only been 2 weeks since the patch was released. They probably have certain protocols and steps to take when deploying a patch.

You don't want to make a fix, deploy it in a hurry and unintentionally break other functionality.
85 Human Paladin
Because everyone seems to be posting about the raid finder loot system I completely agree. The system needs to be smarter. The raid finder chest piece for hunters dropped and a DPS Paly was able to roll. He won this roll. This most definitely pissed me off. Another thing that I believe needs to get fixed is the inability to loot a boss after killing him, even though I did not receive an item. If I am ineligible to loot a boss, it should be because I actually looted an item. Another concern I have is on the rolling system. I just did a random raid finder for Fall of Deathwing, and one hunter won 5/7 items that dropped for a hunter. Not only this, but I got paired with 7 other hunters in a 25-man raid. How is this possible?? The DPS needs to be well balanced, split evenly, that way everyone feels they have a fair chance of winning. If anyone agrees with me please state so. This new raiding system was a smart idea, but incomplete. it ruins the game and makes me not want to raid and earn loot, especially through raid finder.

Just because you didn't receive any loot, doesn't mean you didn't loot the boss. This is a raid, not a 5-man dungeon. If this were to apply to all raiding environments, everyone would have the tier sets they were fine with achieving and complain about limited content.

Getting lucky and winning multiple items is part of the game.

A more balanced group would be nice, but being skipped over in the queue because you may not be the optimal dps isn't cool either.

Losing rolls and being locked out of receiving loot may be a bummer but there's always next week!
Edited by Stubb on 12/9/2011 12:21 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The fact that blizzard still has to hold your hand through the game is... unacceptable.. To many stupid people create a broken system, not blizzard. If your a hunter, why would you roll on strength items? Don't tell me "because they dont know any better." If you were able to farm the gear to get your ilvl high enough to actually queue for LFR then you know your base stats.

There are just a lot of jerks in the world and those (insert extremely vulger word here) shouldn't be allowed to roll at all.. Stop blaming blizzard and just try to be good human beings and players.
85 Human Paladin
12/09/2011 12:21 PMPosted by Forman
There are just a lot of jerks in the world and those (insert extremely vulger word here) shouldn't be allowed to roll at all.. Stop blaming blizzard and just try to be good human beings and players.

Impossible. The whole point of the game is to get ahead of your fellow player in stats. May not be nice or what people want to hear, but it's the truth.
90 Goblin Shaman
But CLOTH spirit isn't used for DPS. That should be flagged only for healers, unless it already is.

Spriests have a spirit to hit talent. The only clothies that don't are mages and locks. Most Spriests I know also have a healing spec.
Edited by Jujubiju on 12/9/2011 12:27 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Impossible. The whole point of the game is to get ahead of your fellow player in stats. May not be nice or what people want to hear, but it's the truth.

Agreed, but you also missed my point completly. The fact that an agility primary stat user rolls on an item that is STRENGTH primary is just a !##* move. Have respect for other people you are playing with or just do us a favor and dont queue if you cant follow those guidelines. I understand that the primary focus is to improve gear and stats but you need to be rolling on items that actually make sense. The fact you responded to this the way you did obviously shows me your one of those people that will roll on anything if it is a higher item level and you need to know its wrong.
82 Orc Death Knight
I have a feeling most people that roll on items they can't use are mainly doing it to hand is over to a guildie. Either that, or some people are so self centered that they actually believe their extra 30 gold from a vendor is worth you losing what would probably equate to a 5K gold item on the auction house.
85 Human Paladin
12/09/2011 12:27 PMPosted by Forman
Agreed, but you also missed my point completly. The fact that an agility primary stat user rolls on an item that is STRENGTH primary is just a !##* move. Have respect for other people you are playing with or just do us a favor and dont queue if you cant follow those guidelines. I understand that the primary focus is to improve gear and stats but you need to be rolling on items that actually make sense. The fact you responded to this the way you did obviously shows me your one of those people that will roll on anything if it is a higher item level and you need to know its wrong.

I never said it was right. But it won't stop until it is fixed. I was referring more in regards to people rolling on an item they already have or for an OS they are not spec'd as while in the current raid instance.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2011 12:34 PMPosted by Stubb
I was referring more in regards to people rolling on an item they already have or for an OS they are not spec'd as while in the current raid instance.

There is a simple way to personally bypass this and I do it all the time. If I see something that just dropped that I can use for my OS I simply just wait for the other class that can use it in their current primary spec to roll need or greed. If they roll need I will pass.. if they roll greed I will roll need.. again.. be a better person.
90 Troll Mage
Last night we had a Druid win both tokens on a single boss. Later a enhancement shaman won the an Int trinket. Luckily the enhanc shammy was in my guild and I ended up with the trinket.

REALLY? How hard is this system to fix?
* If someone has the item in their inventory or bank, they don't get a roll bonus
* Don't allow the same person to win the same item twice on one boss (pass to the next highest if they already won)
* Don't allow LFG loot to be traded
* Don't allow Agi based classes to get roll bonus on Int items
85 Human Paladin
12/09/2011 12:39 PMPosted by Forman
There is a simple way to personally bypass this and I do it all the time. If I see something that just dropped that I can use for my OS I simply just wait for the other class that can use it in their current primary spec to roll need or greed. If they roll need I will pass.. if they roll greed I will roll need.. again.. be a better person.

You may be a saint. But you can't rely on everyone else to be a saint as well. It's better to programmatically prevent the system from having the possibility to begin with.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You may be a saint. But you can't rely on everyone else to be a saint as well. It's better to programmatically prevent the system from having the possibility to begin with.

Dont think im a saint. There is a certain point where you need to get the metality "well if he did it that way I can." Look at the LFR ban going on right now, that is a perfect example. Just because some else wants to be an !@# about something doesnt mean you have to, even if it will give you personal gain. This is the metality that is destroying wow and everything else in general. This metality is the kind of people I dont want to know personally or play with on a regular basis.
85 Human Paladin
12/09/2011 12:46 PMPosted by Forman
Dont think im a saint. There is a certain point where you need to get the metality "well if he did it that way I can." Look at the LFR ban going on right now, that is a perfect example. Just because some else wants to be an !@# about something doesnt mean you have to, even if it will give you personal gain. This is the metality that is destroying wow and everything else in general. This metality is the kind of people I dont want to know personally or play with on a regular basis.

I understand your frustration with certain types of players. There will always be players with the mentality of "I can roll need, so I'm going to anyways", whether others like it or not.

That's part of the problem, you'd probably never know them personally anyways and you'll probably never play with them again.

So to satisfy the people who roll as intended (not implemented) and to no longer allow people to need on things they don't truly need, upgrade the system to reflect what should/shouldn't be need rolled on by certain combinations of classes and their current spec while in the raiding instance.
Edited by Stubb on 12/9/2011 12:53 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I understand your frustration with certain types of players. There will always be players with the mentality of "I can roll need, so I'm going to anyways", whether others like it or not.

That's part of the problem, you'd probably never know them personally anyways and you'll probably never play with them again.

So to satisfy the people who roll as intended (not implemented) and to no longer allow people to need on things they don't truly need, upgrade the system to reflect what should/shouldn't be need rolled on by certain combinations of classes and their current spec while in the raiding instance.

Well said. Now your making some sense. Good discussion though. Have to get back to work now. Have a good one!
90 Dwarf Shaman
Seriously, it's just laziness. People in the LFR system aren't "true raiders" so you aren't going to get a fair deal. No !@#$ the system needs to sort out what sort of item should be rolled on depending on spec. Every single person in this thread knows that.

The question is why hasn't bliz given any real consideration to this? The problems been around since the first instance run ever ran, the chance that someone will roll on something they don't need, for whatever reason. Why are the devs trying to pretend it's something that just sort of popped up when 4.3 went live?
Edited by Plus on 12/9/2011 12:58 PM PST
I will continue to roll on Hit gear while healing in LFR as long as dps casters are allowed to roll on Spirit gear. Doesn't matter that I don't even have a Shadow spec. What matters is that it's only fair for dps lose out on dps gear since I lose out on healing gear all the time.

The difference is that I plan to trade the item to one of the dps, not keep it and claim that I'm justified since Hit gives me Spirit... Oh wait, it doesn't... It's only the other way around...

Give us both a spec and ROLE bonus.

For Spirit gear
+100 if you have a mana bar
+100 more if your role is set to healer
90 Tauren Shaman
Roll need on everything and trade it for stuff you may actually need that others won =).
90 Night Elf Hunter
The fact that blizzard still has to hold your hand through the game is... unacceptable.. To many stupid people create a broken system, not blizzard. If your a hunter, why would you roll on strength items? Don't tell me "because they dont know any better." If you were able to farm the gear to get your ilvl high enough to actually queue for LFR then you know your base stats.

I was in end time last with a rogue that didn't know what his cooldowns were. The druid healer checked his spec and linked each cooldown in party chat and the rogue still didn't know what they were. There are people who play this game that have no idea what certain abilities are or how to use them effectively. Creating a system that allows that type of player to roll need on gear that is sub-optimal for current spec is entirely Blizzard's fault. They said the system doesn't have any idea what a Sub Rogue is. Fine, that's getting fixed in MoP. However, the Cataclysm LFR system should have had an idea that Rogues do no use strength trinkets, Hunters do not use strength weapons, Warriors do not need agility trinkets, etc.
Edited by Dyrthor on 12/9/2011 1:00 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]