LFR loot rules are totally broken

7 Night Elf Druid
It may be a needle skipping on a broken record, but I'd like to add my experience as well. I am glad to hear that there're plans for a short-term and a longer-term solution in the works.

Tonight I witnessed a caster win the agi dagger off deathwing, warrior win the agi polearm, a DK win both the str and agi ring off Ultraxion (all of which were won with the role bonus + 100), and a warlock win both tier tokens (which, to be fair that was not the warlock's fault. If you only roll on one you chance getting nothing, and he was a good guy and did offer to trade to someone else after a re-roll).

I fairly admit I'm posting this partly to vent my frustration, but I also do hope it offers some sort of useful information to the teams working to fix this issue, and that it aids in a speedy resolution. So far, I've enjoyed the LFR system (even the wipes) and think it's a great addition, and this is my only real complaint with it.
Edited by Kalatri on 12/9/2011 4:54 PM PST
86 Draenei Hunter
Just lost the Bow from Deathwing to a Warrior.
Thanks Blizz! You really are just handing out gear to everyone, aren't you?
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Just lost the Bow from Deathwing to a Warrior.
Thanks Blizz! You really are just handing out gear to everyone, aren't you?

Everyone but the people that should be using it.

It's almost like we all didn't tell Blizzard this is exactly what would happen, 3 or 4 months ago (or longer?) when raid finder was announced.
Edited by Verz on 12/9/2011 4:59 PM PST
86 Draenei Hunter
They need to really fix this. They also need to make sure that if you have something, you can't roll on it again. They did this with Brewfest and Hallow's End with the gear... if you owned whatever dropped.. on you, in your bag or bank.. you automatically skip roll. There is nothing stopping me from getting the bow next week, and then the following week take it again. I wouldn't because I'm not a low life, of course.

I guess the problem is simply the fact that hybrid classes exist. They need to update something on our talent trees. When we select our trees, it shows a sword for DPS, a + for heals, and shield for tank. Mainly for DPS, they need to make another note that says "Caster DPS" "Physical DPS"... etc.. or SOMETHING.

90 Night Elf Druid
Hey folks,

So, just to be clear, we're certainly aware that the loot system in Raid Finder needs to be smarter, as there's currently not a way for the system to determine loot eligibility based on talent specialization or class. To use the OP's example, if a Strength weapon drops and a hunter rolls on it, the system says "Yep, a DPS player is rolling on it. Okie dokie. Here's your +100." (We should really find ways for the game to say "okie dokie" in your chat log.)

This obviously needs to change and we're in the middle of discussing potential short-term solutions, as a more long-term solution will require programming new tech into the system which will account for class/spec.

We only ask that you keep in mind patch 4.3 is our first implementation of Raid Finder and the "Need Plus" system. The design is quite complicated and requires further iteration to make loot distribution more intelligent.

This is exactly what I was looking for. I was extremely agitated to find that a fully geared, mind you, terrible AFKing Balance druid was needing on feral items and WINNING them in raid finder, no matter the fact that there were 2 other feral druids (undergeared) and a rogue that could use the item.
It's quite agitating that he receives the Need roll bonus... I like the concept but I think it's a bad idea. Taking a break from raid finder to save myself the agitation of tanking with balance druids winning the loot.
Edited by Vegatifa on 12/9/2011 5:19 PM PST
86 Draenei Hunter
Also another HUGE problem is that if you look in your dungeon journal, and you set your "filter" to your class.. you are going to see that it gives you a lot of crap that's NOT for you. Do a filter for hunters and look at what comes out. Strength. Tank trinkets. Expertise. Just lovely! Add this to the fact that we have a lot of simpletons playing and they'll use the dungeon journal as a guide to what loot drops.. they see a cloak with strength under the Hunter filter and it drops..so they need...and.. they win.

Can't say they are TOTALLY in the wrong, because technically in the game.. it shows it as freakin "Hunter Loot".
85 Night Elf Druid
it seems to me the people ninja'ing loot by abusing the LFR loot mechanics is a more flagrant offense, and a more game-ruining offense than those who found a go-around to receive loot from LFR bosses more than once a week.
after completing LFR on my enhance shaman, i found myself rolling against 5 warriors, 2 hunters, 2 paladins, and a dk for the agility axe off of deathwing. the warrior won... he also won the agility polearm. and yet there is no recourse against these players that i know of.
please fix this fast as it almost completely defeats the purpose of even queuing for LFR in the first place, a mechanic that otherwise would be great.
58 Troll Death Knight
sorry if this has been asked before but is there any plans to include level1-60 (low lvl classic WoW) instances?

Atm I see mostly tanks/healers and dps ninjaing (mostly tanks/heals from my recent experience) and friends/guild group together and think this give em the right to ninja or a "double chance" (ex the healer is a clothie - his friend and him roll need on it to increase their chances to win it against random players so that clothie player have more chances to win the loot)

Atm low lvl instances: You can need on everything. Even if you are a cloth you can need on leather/mail/plate...
Edited by Scyl on 12/9/2011 6:25 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, LFR got implemented with horrible loot rules.

I've seen resto shaman rolling and winning agi items, while a boomkin rolled on, and won, the 2h agi polearm. I was in one run where a hunter rolled need on all 4 weapons off deathwing (because he could), and won 3 of them. One agi 2h polearm and 2 str weapons. WTH.

I feel like people are going to get friends together and just roll need on everything and hand out the loot amongst themselves at the end. What's to stop them?

I thought this would be a good way to gear up alts, but I don't see why I would want to keep running LFR if people are just going to abuse it and screw others over.
19 Blood Elf Priest
12/08/2011 03:54 PMPosted by Ðestructîon
I need on everything. If I can Need I do Need. Working as intended.

Why not, seems everyone else is doing this.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I made a thread bringing up old suggestions for LFR loot.

Full details and info at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3710771122

The short version is I think they need to make the boss loot lockout system a little more flexible, at least until they can implement a loot system that reliably gives loot to the people that should be using said loot.

Rogue steals your Tank / SMF / Frost sword? Warrior stole your Bear polearm? At the very least you should be able to requeue and hope for better luck next time, instead of just being screwed for a week.
85 Human Paladin
Another issue that runs parallel to this one is passing on loot. Often ALL of the loot the boss drops is for another class or is un-useable. In this case if you pass on everything you are still locked out from looting that boss for the entire week. If you don't roll why should you be punished for helping the raid down him in the first place? Raid finder does not lock you to the instance so what is the point if you can't come back and try again later in the hope that you get lucky the next time? I understand the principle of the looting system and I agree completely. It is a great idea but it definately needs to be refined in it's execution.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey folks,

So, just to be clear, we're certainly aware that the loot system in Raid Finder needs to be smarter, as there's currently not a way for the system to determine loot eligibility based on talent specialization or class. To use the OP's example, if a Strength weapon drops and a hunter rolls on it, the system says "Yep, a DPS player is rolling on it. Okie dokie. Here's your +100." (We should really find ways for the game to say "okie dokie" in your chat log.)

This obviously needs to change and we're in the middle of discussing potential short-term solutions, as a more long-term solution will require programming new tech into the system which will account for class/spec.

We only ask that you keep in mind patch 4.3 is our first implementation of Raid Finder and the "Need Plus" system. The design is quite complicated and requires further iteration to make loot distribution more intelligent.

My ex lost the bow from Madness of Deathwing...to a warrior.
Yep, please find out how this could be stopped DX Pretty please?
Hey people from Area 52 during TBC. Remember the legendary rogue bow? -.^
Edited by Ainsley on 12/9/2011 8:33 PM PST
85 Night Elf Priest
Aholes roll need on anything they can just to vendor it for gold. There's no punishment.
85 Tauren Shaman
i just spoke with a GM and it was useless =z he just kept saying all that pre-made answers wich btw made me realy mad. he refused to admit it was an issue in the looting system and acted as he was unaware of this facts, wich i believe he isn't... just doing his job
i lost http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/78481 a few days ago to a warrior who was dpsing
as u can see:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Ilovecak%C3%A8/feed
the GM insisted that agility weapons are as good for a tank as they are for an agility class.
i saw it as his way of telling me " i cant help u but i cant tell u that either"
we all know a tank can use an agility weapon...the same way he can use a spell power main hand... he can equip it, but wont be the best choice on tanking performance.. the problem is, as many people have said before me, item flagging needs a review... it must be smarter so the LFR wont be such a frustration pool...
come on guys... i have the odds of droping something realy usefull against me, i have the odds of actualy wining something against me... now i must also compete with the system failures to get my gear? you must change that... i would realy like a refound on the item i lost since i was the second in roll... even knowing you arent that kind... =z
its sad to be voiceless
sorry for my poor english...
90 Troll Priest
While you are looking into possible fixes for the LFR loot system, a simple fix for the common issues may be flag the deathwing weapons for specific classes, much like tier tokens. Won't have issues of +100 need if it is marked "hunter/druid/rogue" and the like. Won't fix the overall problem, sure, but will bandaid the current uproar issue.
100 Orc Hunter
I think a large portion of what needs to be said has already been covered in the few pages I read of this thread.
What I'd like to point out here also is that we can try to do a bit too. If you see someone needing on items clearly not meant for their class/spec from your realm, let their GM know, if they have any of integrity they'll kick them for being either too retarded to know what stats their class uses or deliberately trolling people.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]