LFR loot rules are totally broken

85 Gnome Priest
okie dokie "lokie",

....is Zarhym a brony?
90 Dwarf Shaman
How hard would it be to have the game check primary stat on the item and the player rolling to determine the +100? Already does this with mastery and some items (Matrix Restabilizer checks highest stat to increase). Have possibly LFR need roll fulfill two criteria spec (dps, tank, heals) and primary stat. STR users would be able to roll on INT and AGI items. and those pesky trinkets that have parry and dodge could be the tank stat.
90 Undead Death Knight
12/08/2011 05:04 PMPosted by Ro
If you could, get the guy who voiced Falric in HoR to say "okie dokie" instead of a simple chat message.

this pear. so delicious

edit: haven't tried LFR yet, but from what i've been hearing just with the loot, makes me wonder if it'd be worth it. sounds like DKs are getting to roll on just about everything, and i don't wanna get stuck with a group of DKs that are doing that
Edited by Darkhelmut on 12/8/2011 5:08 PM PST
90 Goblin Shaman
Hey folks,

So, just to be clear, we're certainly aware that the loot system in Raid Finder needs to be smarter, as there's currently not a way for the system to determine loot eligibility based on talent specialization or class. To use the OP's example, if a Strength weapon drops and a hunter rolls on it, the system says "Yep, a DPS player is rolling on it. Okie dokie. Here's your +100." (We should really find ways for the game to say "okie dokie" in your chat log.)

This obviously needs to change and we're in the middle of discussing potential short-term solutions, as a more long-term solution will require programming new tech into the system which will account for class/spec.

We only ask that you keep in mind patch 4.3 is our first implementation of Raid Finder and the "Need Plus" system. The design is quite complicated and requires further iteration to make loot distribution more intelligent.

What about the "buddy system"? Do you think it's fair that a solo queuer can't win something because you have half a guild in the LFR doing the "I'll roll for you if you roll for me" thing? Maybe make the items untradeable to people that joined together?
Edited by Jujubiju on 12/8/2011 5:09 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/08/2011 05:05 PMPosted by Knockboots
In the mean time players should just roll on items they need and stop being douches.
Hey folks,

So, just to be clear, we're certainly aware that the loot system in Raid Finder needs to be smarter, as there's currently not a way for the system to determine loot eligibility based on talent specialization or class. To use the OP's example, if a Strength weapon drops and a hunter rolls on it, the system says "Yep, a DPS player is rolling on it. Okie dokie. Here's your +100." (We should really find ways for the game to say "okie dokie" in your chat log.)

This obviously needs to change and we're in the middle of discussing potential short-term solutions, as a more long-term solution will require programming new tech into the system which will account for class/spec.

We only ask that you keep in mind patch 4.3 is our first implementation of Raid Finder and the "Need Plus" system. The design is quite complicated and requires further iteration to make loot distribution more intelligent.

What about the "buddy system"? Do you think it's fair that a solo queuer can't win something because you have half a guild in the LFR doing the "I'll roll for you if you roll for me" thing? Maybe make the items untradeable to people that joined together?

just make them untradeable period...ends so much drama
85 Orc Death Knight
Hey folks,

Not only the Okie dokie broken, there is more in the deep:

2 P of tolken drop, and 1 people win both of them. It will drive everyone crazy.
Someone will 3 Tier P for every single of their spec, they can still roll on the loot.
Someone will Heroic Tier P or Normal Tier P, roll on Raid Finder gear, just because they can.

86 Goblin Shaman
Hey folks,

(We should really find ways for the game to say "okie dokie" in your chat log.)

In lieu of the chat log saying "okie dokie", I was wondering, if at all possible, you might look into programming the chat log to be a real-time, sparkling libations dispenser? I get awful thirsty at times with the kitchen seeming so far away. :)
Edited by Sorek on 12/8/2011 5:12 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/08/2011 03:50 PMPosted by Trogdoroth
They said that they don't have a system to track class and spec atm, and can only do it by your role (dps/tank/healer). They did say that in MoP that a system to track class and spec would be implemented I believe.

I don't think it's so much a matter of tracking spec. Tracking by class would be fine. I mean, just as my priest cannot roll on leather due to the armor restrictions, it should be the case that she couldn't roll on any strength or agility weapon, either.

Just implement a rule that Strength classes are not capable of NEED rolling on Agility items and vice versa. I think there's already a similar restriction in place with INT items, anyway.
90 Human Warrior
Hey folks,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjjZGyYcH9E

*yay*
90 Undead Death Knight
that's when you say: "brb, dog's on fire, gotta put it out" and in the meantime you go bio, and get yourself a drink
85 Draenei Shaman
I need on everything. If I can Need I do Need. Working as intended.

This, is exactly what is wrong with WoW's community. I hope you lose the roll on something you truly do need to someone who rolled need because they could and will just vendor it.
90 Tauren Druid
A few easy solutions.

Have LFR gear be unable to be disenchanted... and have the vendor price of LFR gear be 1 copper or something.

That fixes the issues of people rolling on items for vendor / d/e... have the only DE option be in the roll itself.

They can't prevent item trading between people because of the tokens. If 3 vanq drops then those on the vanq token will roll on all three in the hopes of winning just one. If rng smiles on them they may win 2 or even all three. If they couldn't trade then they wouldn't be able to hand the excess off to anyone else.
90 Troll Druid
One thing I'd love to see addressed is for example on madness, if 2x the same weapon drops, it would be nice if there was a way that both drops didn't go to the same person.
90 Human Rogue
A few easy solutions.

Have LFR gear be unable to be disenchanted... and have the vendor price of LFR gear be 1 copper or something.

That fixes the issues of people rolling on items for vendor / d/e... have the only DE option be in the roll itself.

They can't prevent item trading between people because of the tokens. If 3 vanq drops then those on the vanq token will roll on all three in the hopes of winning just one. If rng smiles on them they may win 2 or even all three. If they couldn't trade then they wouldn't be able to hand the excess off to anyone else.

I like these solutions a lot. Sure it won't fix idiots rolling on something either to grief or because they just don't know any better, but at least it will help with people Needing just to sell/DE.

I'm still surprised the system can't at least see class though.
80 Troll Shaman
While we're up and about, How about considering a ZA gate mechanic to prevent players from starting "talk-to-me-to-pull" encounters early?

as much fun as it is to cause people to wipe continously, annonymously, there needs to be a level of accountability.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Hey folks,

I'm sorry, but this excuse is entirely bunk.

A warrior can't roll Need+ on Int/Spirit plate, not only because he isn't a healer, but also because a warrior can't roll need (at all) on Int/Spirit plate. Probably because Int/Spirit plate isn't for warriors.

Strength items aren't for druids and hunters. No spec for any of those classes should be able to roll need at all (let alone Need+) on STR items.

Similarly, Agility items aren't for Warriors, DKs, and Paladins, no matter what spec they are in. Need should be grayed out for these classes, thus you don't need to "recode" Need+ to work around them because they can't push need in the first place.

Don't try to fix Need+ with workarounds and clauses, fix the core need before greed system that is broken to the point where need is available for people it never should be available to in the first place. That will fix a majority of the problems with Need+ and improve quality of life in LFD.
Edited by Verz on 12/8/2011 5:34 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/08/2011 05:00 PMPosted by Zarhym
(We should really find ways for the game to say "okie dokie" in your chat log.)

I would enjoy that immensely.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]