So warrior or DK in MoP?

85 Goblin Warrior
I am having a terrible time deciding. My DK and War are both sitting at 74 and I just don't know which to pick, which do you think would be a better long term main for how the class is looking in MoP? PvP is important to me but only random BGs prob nothing more than that. I do like the idea of being a PvP tank spec in BGs which I hear DK and Blood both are good at, but I also like the idea of soloing old raids as blood. So I am pretty even. What do you think?

THe dps specs not being brain dead easy is important to me too. [aka: like enhancement shaman where you litterally are mindlessly pressing a simple rotation broken up by basically one thing].

I know to some degree all dps specs are easy but I mean relatively.
Edited by Angerproblem on 12/9/2011 9:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
Seeing as MoP is at least 6 months away, we have no idea which tank will end up better in MoP.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
I am not asking which is better just what you would recommend as a better main I don't care which is technically *better* in a raid. I am pretty even on both as far as how I enjoy them [of course at level 74 it is vastly different than at max level and you can only really tell so much about how a class behaves].

I am looking towards the opinion of others to give me a final nudge in a direction.
Edited by Angerproblem on 12/9/2011 9:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
Seeing as MoP is still in Alpha, the classes are subject to change drastically. We also dont know you. This is a decision that should be made by you with help from people who know you and know each of those classes. We have no idea what kind of play style might fit you and this is a very subjective matter. You also have time to get them both to 85 before MoP and get to know each of them.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Yes I am aware of that. So please tell me why you would enjoy one over the other please thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
In 6 months, you can get both of them to cap, and decide then. You'll have more experience tanking on both of them in 6 months, and you will likely be more aware of talent trees and changes.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Monk will probably be overpowered out of the gate and gradually nerfed to balance in all forms, so that they get accepted into raid groups and whatnot.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
12/09/2011 01:03 PMPosted by Hooves
Monk will probably be overpowered out of the gate and gradually nerfed to balance in all forms, so that they get accepted into raid groups and whatnot.
Or nerfed to uselessness. Look at the rollercoaster of changes for DKs.

True, but DKs weren't nerfed until 4.2, they were by far the best tank up to that point. Pandas may well follow that same path, or they might be nerfed to an even level after being Op; the main thing hamstringing DKs was that Blizzard was (and to a degree still is) tunnel-visioning them as the "Cooldown tank" and fought tooth and nail to keep that, which meant that the subsequent 4.2 and 5.0 nerfs had to come from EH.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/09/2011 02:18 PMPosted by Migol
Or nerfed to uselessness. Look at the rollercoaster of changes for DKs.

True, but DKs weren't nerfed until 4.2, they were by far the best tank up to that point. Pandas may well follow that same path, or they might be nerfed to an even level after being Op; the main thing hamstringing DKs was that Blizzard was (and to a degree still is) tunnel-visioning them as the "Cooldown tank" and fought tooth and nail to keep that, which meant that the subsequent 4.2 and 5.0 nerfs had to come from EH.

I hope you mean 3.2.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
lol DK's started Wrath unable to def cap properly without getting raid gear, we were the worst tank at the start of the expansion just due to gear problems, they hot fix'd SSG rune enchant to give defence just so we could get to the 450 cap lol.

After we got some gear though, all those short cooldowns (1 min IBF hehe) and the ability to grab vamp blood in the same build as lichborne and the extra stam talents in unholy and we were a content breaking machine =)
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Death Knight
If you're into soloing content or just enjoy being self-reliant then a DK would most likely suit you better because of its self-healing capability. If you prefer having more control and mobility, then a warrior would suit you better in that regard, with all of the stuns and charges/intervenes.

One tank is a sword and board tank while the other uses a big 2-hander. If aesthetics are a concern to you, then keep that in mind.

it just depends on what you want out of your class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]