@Yeldarps (and anyone else playing SWTOR?)

85 Tauren Druid
Hey Darps!

Last we talked, you and some other old <Tide> members were going to be playing SWTOR. You had also said you guys were starting up a guild there. At the time you told me about that, I wasn't really planning to even check "TOR" out. However....

We started beta testing it on the weekends (and GRRR I want to do it during the WEEK!!! WTB MOAR betaz!!!!...Although IDK if they are even testing during the week anymore...) ANYWAY...We LOOOOOOVE it. We already pre-ordered it.

So I'm wondering if you are you still testing? Are you for sure going to be playing? Which "faction" are you going to be? (I want to try every single thing out before I commit, but I LOVED my Consular)! I think I still have the link you gave me for your guild, but before I go looking for it and all that, I wanted to see if you are still planning on playing etc.

Hopefully you get this pretty soon. Otherwise, I will try and find a way to track you down.

Man...I will tell you what though...Blizz was pretty smart offering the one year commitment BEFORE 4.3 came out...and especially before TOR releases. I signed myself and Samsonite up for the year deal since we figured 'hey why not, we know we will be playing anyways. May as well get some stuff out of it'....Yesterday I logged on long enough to realize that Void storage sucks and Transmog is meh. Not to mention how many other things I just wasn't thrilled with. After about 20 minutes, I was off to read more on the SWTOR website, play with the different talent calculators etc.

It was a little scary...while we were playing SWTOR, it was the first time in 6-7 years that I really felt like I might actually be totally done with WoW. I have stuck it out with WoW through all sorts of rough spots and things that weren't great, and I am so happy for my time here. I have tried SO many other games and nothing could come close to touching WoW! (especially with how much time and money I have invested). But right now, if I had to pick one?...It would be a pretty tough choice...

And it isn't like we can't play and love more than one game at once, obviously...but I am paying for 4 people's WoW subs every month, and then I would be paying for the two of us to play TOR...just seems like a waste if I will be on one game for only like 20 minutes a week, ya know?

Anyway, I will shut up...although I could go on for days about that game! Just get in touch with me when you get this. At least post here and tell me the best way to get in contact with you, as well as if you are still planning to play and all that.

<3 Kharm, Nin, Sub

PS...Anyone else from here planning on playing SWTOR???
Edited by Ninsianna on 12/13/2011 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
PS...I did not have a sex change on Nin...I have a costume on in game and I FINALLY figured out that's what causes the forums sex changes, hah!
Reply Quote
Valcutio managed to recruit me for TOR long before Yeldarps talked to me. To be honest, I'm not sure if I will be playing TOR all that much. Played two betas so far, found the lightsaber classes to be absolutely boring. I may just end up playing very casually with some RL friends that are new to MMO's. The only thing that interests me in TOR is the story, sadly.

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/149461/snowstorm
Edited by Opkier on 11/30/2011 11:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Valcutio managed to recruit me for TOR long before Yeldarps talked to me. To be honest, I'm not sure if I will be playing TOR all that much. Played two betas so far, found the lightsaber classes to be absolutely boring. I may just end up playing very casually with some RL friends that are new to MMO's. The only thing that interests me in TOR is the story, sadly.

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/149461/snowstorm

Sweet, thanks Op. Wow, I haven't heard Val's name in forever! Will you be playing in this guild, then? Is it the same as Yeldarps guild? Will you not know what server you're on till release?? (I'm not sure how that works...I saw something about guilds but wasn't sure if you just tell the guild which server to go to or if they assign you to one).

Well, now that I have had a taste, I'm wishing I had listened and done Beta a long time ago. Just curious, why did you find those classes boring? I haven't played enough to have an educated opinion (as far as whether or not I would be bored). Did you try the other classes as well?

I definitely wasn't bored with the story and how interactive it is. I also love the variety when it comes to..well..everything. From character customization to how you decide to "be" (light side/dark side points etc). And the quests didn't feel remotely 'grindy'...as Nerdy as it sounds, I was too into the story and 'mission' to even feel like I was questing.

It seems to me that PvP would be extremely interesting, too...with the wide array of classes and abilities (as well as PvE, obviously). All in all, it felt good to be a "noob" again. Especially since I have tried so many other games and couldn't get into them. Surely at some point it might feel like the same ole same ole, but I guess it seems like that would take a LONG time since there are so many possible combinations both in classes, storylines, places to see, things to do.

But, of course, after almost 7 years, WoW is my "Home" game. But also after almost 7 years things tend to get pretty stale, so I think it would do some good to have something else to play that I enjoy so much.

It would be awesome to play with you and some other 'Noodlers'. =)

<3Kharm, Nin, Sub
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
We are gonna be playing. I have beta tested the game a ton and absolutely love it. Tide will be created over there at release and the link to our guild site is http://www.swtor.com/guilds/125231/tide

You are welcome to join too Opkier if you want.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Oh and we are playing Sith. The good news is that inquisitor = consular so if you liked consular you will love the inquisitor.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
BTW Kim hit me up on Real ID or MSN if you wanna talk some more about SWTOR. I also feel the same way you do about 4.3. I was really hoping the new patch would get me back into WoW but to be honest I find the patch extremely lacking.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Awesome! Will do!

BTW...did you guys (Yeldarps and Opkier) know that even if your guilds are different 'factions', you can still add each other as Allied guilds so that you are on the same server at launch? That way you can pvp against each other...or have a character in each others guilds while being on the same server. You may have known that, but thought Id throw it out there just in case! Like I said, it would be sweet to have some of our Perenolde peeps together over there!!

I will hit you up on RealID (or maybe MSN if I am not logging into WoW much) as soon as I can (I haven't been on MSN in like 100 years...hah).

Hugs
Kim
Reply Quote
I honestly don't know if I am joining Val's group or not. At the moment, we're slated for the republic side. My RL friends are wanting to go Empire however.
Reply Quote
84 Undead Warlock
I will be playing at launch. I know that Cazik will be playing and am 99% positive Pero will be, too.

I've beta tested a couple of times so far. It's ok. I'll be playing for the social aspect, honestly. The melee classes are ridiculously boring to me. It's hard for me to play a game with lasers as well.

We haven't decided which side we will be playing, yet. I enjoy being the underdog, and on the side with the least amount of children. So we will see.

Kharm - I added your characters on my friends list but haven't seen you on yet. :(
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Ha ha I know you guys probably don't really know who I am but I have seen you guys around. Been on Perenolde even since it was first put up so I've kind of seen everyone that's been on the realm. I just wanted to say it's good to see some other perenoodles will be playing ToR too and on the empire no less. Let's show the other ToR players (especially the republic) what we're made of! :D
Edited by Sabazius on 12/5/2011 3:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
As soon as I find out what server Tide is placed on, ill post it here
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I think about 1/2 of <Rocks> is planing on trying SW:ToR out, though I don't think anyone is ditching WoW entirely. We're not per-registered as a guild or anything though.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Yay! I am glad to hear there will be some Noodlers over there. It really would be cool if we could all start out on the same server. We have all been playing together for so long, whether on a close-knit-everyday-basis or not. Let's see if we can't try and make that happen at launch! 12/20, baby. <3

I will be playing at launch. I know that Cazik will be playing and am 99% positive Pero will be, too.

I've beta tested a couple of times so far. It's ok. I'll be playing for the social aspect, honestly. The melee classes are ridiculously boring to me. It's hard for me to play a game with lasers as well.

We haven't decided which side we will be playing, yet. I enjoy being the underdog, and on the side with the least amount of children. So we will see.

Kharm - I added your characters on my friends list but haven't seen you on yet. :(

Oh that would be so sweet to have you guys over there! I know what you mean about playing the underdog. I like to, as well. And most definitely agree with playing on the side with less children. I guess I should say..."immature idiots"...since I have met 16 year old "kids" who are more mature than some 30 years old "adults". This game has taught me a lot about generalizing and NOT to do it, hah!

For what it's worth...I played on both sides during the bits of beta I got to taste...and I personally felt the Republic side had a lot more maturity in the chat channels. People were friendly and polite. Also, while out questing, people would help each other out quite a bit more. But this is all based on very little play time.
Hopefully I will get to log into WoW a bit more so we can catch each other! It's been pretty crazy around here, but I am hoping to get a bit of time and log in. Morning (pacific time) is usually the time I log in most.

<3

PS...@Darps and Opkier......"Sam" told me what he was trying to do and that you both were trying to help out. I just wanted you both to know I (and him, too!) really appreciate that. It means a lot. =)
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Hunter
Opkier is mine. >:)

Also, hello.
Reply Quote
Val, I'm going to stab you in the face with a spoon.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Hunter
Real men use sporks.
Reply Quote
A spoon is dull you twit, it'll hurt more.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Hunter
Sporks are more stylish!

Ever see someone using a spork and think, "that's a cool person, we should be best friends"? Of course you have.

Then again, I've always had more class than you. Infact, I happen to be using a spork right now to eat this delicious canned spam. Pinkies up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]