An Open Letter About Mailing Mogged Heirlooms

(Locked)

Liked.

As others have said, the ability to transmog BoAs would make leveling so much more enjoyable. As much as I dislike seeing the same BoAs for several characters, transmogging them to low level greens just isn't appealing.

I just don't really understand why 85s transmogging to low level gear is acceptable, but not the other way around. No one seeing a level 15 in Tier 10 is going to honestly believe that they're in Tier 10.
22 Night Elf Warrior
Transmogrifying Heirlooms still seems to work if you send them in the Mail one at a time. This character is proof. Hopefully it stays that way. I like my slightly stereotypical DK/Warrior. In fact, he is the entire reason I'm hunting items atm.
Edited by ßillos on 12/19/2011 8:09 AM PST
85 Human Rogue
People who think that a character should earn their appearance, then have the ability to always look like their favorite gear without sacrificing performance, think this stinks.

how many times did you clear Scarlet-Strath on your level 10 hunter to "earn" your Shadowcraft Spaulders?
Edited by Darde on 12/19/2011 8:18 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
I disagree with allowing heirlooms to retain a transmogged appearance through the mail. I hope Blizzard does fix this bug, and the following are my thoughts about this:

I fully support the rule that a character should be able to equip the item that their gear is transmogged to. A level 10 alt cannot equip a level 85 item, and they shouldn't be allowed to. This rule, I believe, was put into place for the same reason that characters are not allowed to transmog fish swords or the like. It's unrealistic that a low level character would have that type of gear, and I think Blizzard should stick to this.

It doesn't have anything to do with a player earning the gear, as a previous poster proposed the problem is, at least in my opinion. I would actually support this bug in its current form if it simply allowed items to be mailed between characters with a transmogged appearance, as long as the character receiving the item can equip the item that was used for the transmog. For example, I have a recolored Transcendence set on this character. If, for whatever reason, I wanted to buy a bunch of greens, transmog them, and send them to a level 85 mage, great! However, I should NOT be allowed to do the same if the mage were level 20.

I just hope Blizzard sticks to their original rules of requiring that a character be able to equip the item used for appearance, and not bend the rules so some players can cheat the level requirement on their transmogging by sending heirlooms through the mail to lower level characters.
85 Tauren Death Knight
I disagree with allowing heirlooms to retain a transmogged appearance through the mail. I hope Blizzard does fix this bug, and the following are my thoughts about this:

I fully support the rule that a character should be able to equip the item that their gear is transmogged to. A level 10 alt cannot equip a level 85 item, and they shouldn't be allowed to. This rule, I believe, was put into place for the same reason that characters are not allowed to transmog fish swords or the like. It's unrealistic that a low level character would have that type of gear, and I think Blizzard should stick to this.
Well lore wise, it is realistic for a new player to obtain an powerful heirloom, Like how thrall acquired doomhammer or how you get heirlooms in the first place.

That being said the first thing I imagined was this when they announced it. It adds a neat part to the heirlooms and means that you don't always look the same. I could understand if they limited the use of teir set epics, token sets and such, but this bug needs to stay, It's a really really fun part of tranzmogging.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

It doesn't have anything to do with a player earning the gear, as a previous poster proposed the problem is, at least in my opinion. I would actually support this bug in its current form if it simply allowed items to be mailed between characters with a transmogged appearance, as long as the character receiving the item can equip the item that was used for the transmog. For example, I have a recolored Transcendence set on this character. If, for whatever reason, I wanted to buy a bunch of greens, transmog them, and send them to a level 85 mage, great! However, I should NOT be allowed to do the same if the mage were level 20.

I just hope Blizzard sticks to their original rules of requiring that a character be able to equip the item used for appearance, and not bend the rules so some players can cheat the level requirement on their transmogging by sending heirlooms through the mail to lower level characters.

i dont see your reasoning? the heirloom gear itself is a skin of another set of gear, quite clearly not obtainable by a lvl 1 toon when you first create it, fact is, i earnt the heirlooms on another toon, and i earnt the gear i transmogged it into on yet another toon, CLEARLY a lvl 10 mage with ruthless gear ISNT really in ruthless mage gear , same same with the heirloom tattered dreadmist robe, which has the skin of the blue "dreadmist robe", which has a level requirement of 58, with your reasoning you shouldnt be able to wear the heirloom by itself until you atleast reach the level of the gear its COPIED off soley because it "is unrealistic for a low level toon to have high level gear" perhaps i can partially agree if it were limited to class types, like not having a paladin in death knight gear, but other then that, this bug should be made a feature.

on a side note, what about once you exceed the level the heirloom gear is copied off? it'd be alright still to transmog then wouldnt it? because a level 78 with a level 58 robe looks like a big noob right? just sayin.
19 Night Elf Rogue
I agree and very elegantly put Thank you.

I have a thread started as well listing reasons for keeping the Transmogs on Mailed BoAs.

Please visit and reply, Keep this movement going and hopefully we will get them back.

Another thing that I have noticed in some Posts, is that some people think that you can transmog a piece of green gear and send it to another character on your account. The ONLY mailable gear after a transmog are the BoAs (correct me if I am wrong). In my expeirience, the gear to be transmog'd has to be equiped. The gear with the desired skin, can be in the character's backpack, but when the proccess takes place BOTH items are soulbound to the character that initiated the proccess. So if you intend to mail any Transmog gear it has to be BoA, anything else is stuck on the intitial character.

Zheera
Edited by Zheera on 12/23/2011 7:29 PM PST
61 Blood Elf Death Knight
I support this!

Be it a bug or not. KEEP IT!!!

But, does it still work now? I need to make sure, or I'm buying heirlooms on my main. Can be a huge waste of JP if mogs can't work on heirlooms.
Edited by Foltira on 12/28/2011 9:06 PM PST
70 Dwarf Shaman
I wish they'd keep the bug too :/
85 Human Rogue
they just declaired war on fun :(
90 Undead Warlock
They should have kept it, makes it more fun
85 Worgen Warlock
Still a relevant topic, no need to have reported Trace.. whoever did it. It's pretty cool seeing a transmog set otherwise impossible to get on BoA gear.
85 Human Paladin
There's also an issue with mogging Plate and Mail gear (that downgrade when you are on a low level toon.) I've never been able to mog, usable, leather gear on a leather to mail heirloom. Mail gear wouldn't work either.

My shaman is stuck with pointy shoulders and a belly shirt.
90 Human Rogue
While I fully support being able to transmog heirloom gear I can also understand why Blizzard fixed (or should fix) this bug. The gear you're using for transmog must be something your toon (in this case low level alt/twink) can actually equip. Until this rule for transmog is changed I'll support Blizzard's decision to fix the bug but hope they change their minds.
90 Human Paladin
I really wish they had not fixed this. I'm getting tired of seeing the same ugly heirloom gear for days of play time.
77 Worgen Warrior
Yeah same here...no longer working...nerf fun more please blizzard. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. There was nothing wrong with low levels looking cool in transmogged heirlooms, it didn't hinder anyone or give anyone a boost, it was just a way for us to look cool at low levels. But of course, as with Vial of the Sands and Potion of Illusion, a funny part of the game was removed for no reason...
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
yeah i just tried this bug on my orc warrior with my Bloodsoaked skullforge reaver and a transmogged it into the slayer of the lifeless and it wont work someone plz tell me it isnt true they patched this
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]