An Open Letter About Mailing Mogged Heirlooms

(Locked)

90 Goblin Rogue
I don't think it is a bug. Before a toon can transmog an item, they (and therefore their item) must be the level to use it. When you send an item to another toon, until they get it, it's basically level 1. And it levels as they do.

Example. I sent an heirloom to my level 10. As soon as she put it on it was level 10. She was then able to transmog it with level 10 or lower items.

I'll just be happy when we can mog white items. I've got a couple of pieces I'd love to be able to show off.
I don't think it is a bug. Before a toon can transmog an item, they (and therefore their item) must be the level to use it. When you send an item to another toon, until they get it, it's basically level 1. And it levels as they do.

Example. I sent an heirloom to my level 10. As soon as she put it on it was level 10. She was then able to transmog it with level 10 or lower items.

I'll just be happy when we can mog white items. I've got a couple of pieces I'd love to be able to show off.

I've been playing with transmogging heirlooms and it does in fact still work, but their are indeed lvl/class/armor type restrictions in place. There is also some randomness to what will or won't work as far as I can tell (I can't seem to xmog the heirloom cloak with a lvl70 cloak from BT for example, even though the toon using it is currently lvl71), but yet I was able to xmog the Bloodied Arcanite Reaper to an axe from BT. The same axe sent to a lvl60 DK loses the xmog. I also tried putting lvl80-85 armor xmogs on the plate heirloom shoulders and sending it to the lvl71 and it loses the xmog, but I could use the DK starter gear and it stays (the lvl71 is a paladin btw). Heirlooms with lvl85 xmogs sent between lvl85s seem to work fine, also.

TL:DR is you can xmog heirlooms and send them in the mail, but the reciving character MUST be able to actually equip the item it is xmogged to and I assume class restriction is also in place, although I can't test this currently (maybe even be one level higher, it seems rather inconsistent in this regard. An heirloom sword sent to a lvl60 with a MC weapon transmog didn't work either). It doesn't seem to be a bug, but it is buggy in what works or not, if that makes any sense.
90 Pandaren Monk
Just found out on my new monk that you can't transmog those old ugly heirlooms to look new and cool. SADPANDA.

Please reconsider allowing this.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]