Level 70 High Warlord PvP Set-Can't Transmog

85 Tauren Shaman
So, I couldn't transmog to the Level 70 High Warlord PvP Set.

I submitted a ticket I received a respnse as if I was referring to the level 60 set and was told working as intended as I didnt have the high warlord title.

It was the first pvp set available for honor at level 70 when burning crusade was released and is completely different from the level 60 set and at that time, the ability to earn that title had been removed.

So, how can you have a prerequisite that was impossible to attain?

Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
11/29/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Bashiok
The items out in the world (Marshals, Grand Marshal’s, High Warlord, etc) that use the level 60 PvP art are un-transmogrifiable (including the item level 115 stuff that shares the name from Burning Crusade).
In Area 52 a set of vendors has replaced the PvP Vendors who used to live there. Grex Brainboiler, Krixel Pinchwhistle, Tini Smalls, Kezzik the Striker, Big Zokk Torquewrench, and Leeni “Smiley” Smalls. These vendors sell new, transmogrifiable versions of the classic armor to players who have the Feat of Strength for Legionnaire/Knight-Captain or higher under the old PvP system.
The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

Note that this applies to the level 70 gear (the ilevel 115 stuff mentioned in Bashiok's post), like this: High Warlord's Scaled Chestpiece

The gear cannot be transmogrified, and you cannot purchase the replacement gear without the Feat of Strength. For now, it's going to stay that way, although Blizzard may add in some pre-requisite-less replica gear in a future patch.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -- Groucho Marx
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Thanks for the info. However, at the time this set was available it was impossible to get that title.

It can be spun anyway you/they choose but it is not fair that I have set of gear that was earned legit and cant transmog it due to a prerequisite that was impossible to attain at the time the gear was available.

If the ability to get that title existed at that time I would have had it.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
12/03/2011 08:45 AMPosted by Rebêl
However, at the time this set was available it was impossible to get that title.

I'm well aware of that. I have the specific set I linked on my paladin, who started as a blood elf. I'm unable to transmogrify it.

For better or worse, this is Blizzard's policy on this gear. You would want to post over on the General Discussion forums if you wish this policy to change.
"Real men (and tauren) wear kilts" -- Pahanda
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Customer service fail.

If they don't want to address their obviously unfair prerequisite for transmogrifying this particular set, that's their perogative.

I'm not wasting my time creating another thread in another forum. I brought this issue up to blizz via in-game ticket and this thread.

Please note that my irritation is not directed at any individual. I appreciated your responses :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
The biggest problem is, as far as I can tell, the limitation for these specific items wasn't known until very shortly before 4.3 went live. There were some of us who farmed the honor for these sets when transmogrification was announced, like I did on my mage, with the sole intent of using them with the feature. Now, that honor has been wasted on otherwise useless items. Does Blizzard have any intent on refunding us honor that was spent over a month ago before we were told of this limitation? Probably not. It is, though, highly unfair, especially in their reasoning. Raiding was a lot harder back in Vanilla and TBC, people at 85 can solo these raids, and are using the gear in their sets. Yet, with the same ease of access, those of us choosing to use PvP gear are shafted.

Let's get a blue response on that, that's not just the same regurgitated comments above. I'd really like to hear what us with the wasted honor are to do.
Reply Quote
The biggest problem is, as far as I can tell, the limitation for these specific items wasn't known until very shortly before 4.3 went live. There were some of us who farmed the honor for these sets when transmogrification was announced, like I did on my mage, with the sole intent of using them with the feature. Now, that honor has been wasted on otherwise useless items. Does Blizzard have any intent on refunding us honor that was spent over a month ago before we were told of this limitation? Probably not. It is, though, highly unfair, especially in their reasoning. Raiding was a lot harder back in Vanilla and TBC, people at 85 can solo these raids, and are using the gear in their sets. Yet, with the same ease of access, those of us choosing to use PvP gear are shafted.

Let's get a blue response on that, that's not just the same regurgitated comments above. I'd really like to hear what us with the wasted honor are to do.

Maybe what they should do is just change the appearance of the set so it's not a duplicate of a reward for something that was very difficult to obtain, then allow you to transmorg.
Edited by Ainsley on 12/3/2011 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
i was able to obtain it in classic wow but i ended up loosing my orignal account. like the above poster said raid gear was not as easy to get just like hwl gear and should be available for others. a lot of people joined the game after BC and was not even around for it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Well, good thing I wasted ~6k honor on two characters on the old PVP sets and weapons.

Thank you Blizzard.
Edited by Vargol on 12/3/2011 7:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657439969

A Reasonable Compromise.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Well, good thing I wasted ~6k honor on two characters on the old PVP sets and weapons.

Thank you Blizzard.

u could have wasted 7 months like I did to get the abilty to use the gear 5 years later for trasnmog

stop crying people, seriously

It took raiders several lockouts to complete tier sets back when the content was fresh. You could be going for the same piece for months, only to lose the roll, have your token not drop, ect. Now, a level 85 character with decent gear can steamroll through places like Kara by them selves, and harder raids can be tackled with a group much smaller than before. This gear that used to take a very long time to get a complete set has become something you can easily pick up in a few afternoons of screwing around.

That same gear that USED to be hard to get, that is now EASY to get, is able to be used in transmogging.

Now let's look at PvP gear.

It used to take months to get the honor to complete a set of BG gear, and even longer to finish an arena set. This was hard work, required time and patience and 'skill'. This gear can now be gotten with in a few afternoons of grinding BGs.

This gear USED to be hard to get, it is now EASY to get, but is NOT usable in transmogging.

Furthered with the point that this limitation was only revealed (correct me if I'm wrong) about 12-13 hours before the patch hit. A lot of us farmed the honor for these sets, the same way people farmed raids for their tier sets, specifically for transmogging. While they're able to use theirs, we're not. It's not so much a thing of honor we'll never get back - even though that's part of it - it's the time wasted. Yeah, it may not have been months like back in TBC and Vanilla, BUT it was still time we used to get the sets, like everyone else, yet we're unable to use them.

I'd still like a blue post on that matter. What do you all have to say to the logic behind this choice, yet allow the raid sets to be used?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm... I'm sorry telos but I can't stop laughing your comparing spending 4-8 hours a week in vanilla in a raid to 6-18 hours a DAY pvping to get the honorable kills it took to go up the ranks.
Word of note in vanilla wow there was no honor until they patched it for TBC which was a month or so beforehand. And it still took a months to reach HWL/GM lvl. It took me 2 months pvping 8 or more hours a day solo queueing to get to knight captain alone. Personally I think it should stay as it is, finally all that time I put into it is worthwhile especially since my knight captain title can be used by people who play rbgs for a few wins a week now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I'm... I'm sorry telos but I can't stop laughing your comparing spending 4-8 hours a week in vanilla in a raid to 6-18 hours a DAY pvping to get the honorable kills it took to go up the ranks.

You're misunderstanding. The point in general is both things took time, both things no longer take as much time. Both things are basically equal in the idea of 'old !@#$ is old'.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/04/2011 09:11 AMPosted by Grammatic
And it still took a months to reach HWL/GM lvl

This is purely from my experience, but a majority of those that earned HWL/GM that still "have" them today, are from accounts that have been sold.

Of the five people I've known with Rank14 Vanilla titles, only one of them has kept their own account, never sold or bought it, and never botted during Vanilla. The "honor" of having those titles is pretty diminished in the current game. Thus, the reason it doesn't make sense to all-of-the-sudden exclude gear from Transmogrification that we've had access to for the past five and a half years.

This. Exactly this.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Woe
-> Had the lvl 60 set since BC
-> Reactivated account when transmog patch went live with the only intent being to run around with Anathema / Warlord set
-> Found out I couldn't transmog Warlord set
-> Agrees with the restriction Blizzard placed on the gear

It's like 30 honor to buy the set, don't cry about it. That set is like a glorified emblem of what this game used to be. Go buy the Brutal set or something, you can transmog it and don't need to have actually ever got the gear or rating for it.
Reply Quote
81 Undead Warrior
I actually have a grand marshal of old, i transferred him horde but can't use transmog. I don't understand why.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I don't even care that I am necro-ing this thread. I just started playing my old Horde main, who is a blood elf paladin I started the day BC was released. I have full High Warlords Scaled armor and was extremely excited to xmog it.

As the OP Stated, those pvp titles were not available to us during BC, but I earned those pieces of pvp gear. I fought and farmed my way to those blues. I even did my first BC raid in those damn things. It's completely ridiculous that I cannot xmog those armor pieces due to some restriction that I never had the chance of circumventing in the first place. Where is the logic? Where is the fairness?
Reply Quote
64 Night Elf Hunter
03/30/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Valinaar
I actually have a grand marshal of old, i transferred him horde but can't use transmog. I don't understand why.

Bro, are you using the replica gear to transmog? The one you buy from Area 52.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]