Holiday cook book :)

85 Human Warlock
Trying to get a cook book together for goodies to make to give as gifts for the holidays. I would love to have tons of candy and baked goods recipes to add to my collection. I'm in need of one for whiskey balls or rum balls. Also a candy for kids would be nice :) I can share something with you guys if you share with me!

Happy Holidays!!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
Absinthe* Cookies

4 ½ Cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 tsp. Salt
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Confectioner’s Sugar
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Cup Salad Oil
1 tsp. Anise candy flavoring oil
¼ tsp. Peppermint candy flavoring oil
2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp. Absinthe

4 Cups Confectioner’s Sugar
½ Cup Butter
6 Tbsp. Absinthe
6 drops Anise Oil
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Water
1 to 2 Drops Green food coloring.

Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl. Beat in eggs until fluffy and add oil, absinthe, lemon juice and candy flavoring oils, blend well.

Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Add dry ingredients to creamy mixture. Wrap and chill for several hours.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (163 degrees C). Roll dough into small balls and flatten on cookie sheet with the bottom of a drinking glass dipped in granulated sugar to prevent sticking. Bake 8-10 minutes. Serve as-is or Frost with Absinthe icing when cool.

* From Wikipedia (if you're concerned about the legalities of absinthe):
In 2007, the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) effectively lifted the longstanding absinthe ban, and has since approved many brands for sale in the U.S. market. This was made possible partly through the TTB's clarification of the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) thujone content regulations, which specify that finished food and beverages that contain Artemisia species must be thujone free.[98] In this context, the TTB considers a product to be thujone-free if the thujone content is less than 10ppm (equal to 10 mg/kg).[99][100] This is verified through the use of Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry.[101]

The importation, distribution, and sale of absinthe is permitted with respect to the following restrictions:

The product must be thujone-free as per TTB guidelines,
The word "absinthe" can neither be the brand name nor stand alone on the label, and
The packaging cannot "project images of hallucinogenic, psychotropic or mind-altering effects."
Reply Quote
81 Troll Death Knight
I don't have a recipe for it but:

Meatloaf Cupcakes:

Prepare the meatloaf like usual, place in small metal cupcake wrappers and bake.

Take out of oven, 'ice' with potatoes and 'decorate' with a few dollops of ketchup (or your preferred condiment)
Reply Quote
Wow thats a really good idea malis sounds so good.
This is my alt on another server still mez though :)
Keep the ideas coming!
Im going to make a book from them and write your toons names so I know where I got them from.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Ozzý's Pumpkin-oatmeal raisin cookies.

Dry Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/3 cup oat meal (Uncooked)
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup packed dark-brown sugar (you can use light if you want)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup raisins(I like a lot of raisins in my cookies so put a 1-1 1/2 cups in)

Wet Ingredients:
1 cup soften unsalted butter
1 cup pumpkin puree(DO NOT USE PUMPKIN PIE FILLING!!!)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

1. Preheat oven to 350F, Line a baking sheets with parchment paper and hit it with some no stick spray.
2. Combine flour,oats, baking soda, cinnamon and, salt in a bowl and whisk to combine them.
3. Cream the butter with the sugar (white and dark) until light and fluffy
4. Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the butter/sugar mix and mix well
5. Add the raisins to the wet mix and mix again
6. Add the flour mix to the wet and mix well.
7. Make little balls of the mix and spread the out on the baking sheet(I don't put more than 9 per sheet, but you can get more if you make them smaller[also the mix is extremely sticky])
8. bake for 14-16 minutes or until they are lightly browned and set in the centers, cool for a couple minutes on the sheet, then move to a rack to cool completely( Mine never make it the the rack for some reason :3 )
9. Omnomnom to your hearts content.
Edited by Ozzý on 12/16/2011 1:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Those cookies...yumm I wanna try them
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)