Darkmoon Fair Island items -- too costly

90 Dwarf Warrior
That's not the definition of farming. That's the definition of sitting on your butt waiting for time to pass before getting a small number of tickets.

But you refuse to do this in an optimal manner, you're out right refusing to go beyond the idea of one toon.

edit: you might as well be saying "I can't possibly enjoy darkmoon faire because I refuse to have professions like a big dummy"

That's what's called EVERCAMP.

Do you know what game created the name EVERCAMP!?

EverQuest.

You sat on your BUTT waiting for something to happen for a marginal reward.

Oh shut up. That was world bosses. There's absolutely no comparison to WoW.
Edited by Gulvak on 12/5/2011 8:07 PM PST
100 Orc Warrior
12/05/2011 07:55 PMPosted by Elineé
Please point out the justification to me of forcing players to grind the entire event on alts just to compensate for Blizzard's failure to implement the DMF properly.

How is it not done properly? You have basically the life of the game to complete what you want to get so theres no rush to do so. You cant farm them all in one week so the faire stays relevant and doesnt become a ghost town next month. Dont want to put out the effort to get what you want? They are BOE, if i say it enough you will understand, so pay someone willing to do the effort to get them for you. They arent the only pieces of gear you can transmog, use your imagination till you put out the effort to get these. Im sorry that they didnt make all the items you want available from the vendors for free when you walked into the faire.
100 Orc Warrior
Seriously, go look at the numbers and actually add up. It's quite ridiculous, and I don't think you guys even realize how much it is, since you refuse to actually go to the armor vendors.

I went to the armor vendors. Helms, chests, shoulders, legs are most expensive. Three of those are available elsewhere so you dont need to buy them at the faire. The rest are easily gotten one piece per toon with one or two artifacts per toon.
85 Human Death Knight
12/05/2011 08:02 PMPosted by Gulvak
That's not the definition of farming. That's the definition of sitting on your butt waiting for time to pass before getting a small number of tickets.

But you refuse to do this in an optimal manner, you're out right refusing to go beyond the idea of one toon.

I have multiple toons who need items from the DMF, using all of your tunes to benefit only 1 toon is the biggest failure of a daily hub quest implementation I've ever seen.

edit: you might as well be saying "I can't possibly enjoy darkmoon faire because I refuse to have professions like a big dummy"

I've said it in at least 20 different posts now - I am taking professions into account, troll.

That's what's called EVERCAMP.

Do you know what game created the name EVERCAMP!?

EverQuest.

You sat on your BUTT waiting for something to happen for a marginal reward.

Oh shut up. That was world bosses. There's absolutely no comparison to WoW.

LOL

you know nothing of EverQuest.

EVERYTHING was a massive camp EVERYTHING!

Not just World Bosses - EVERYTHING.

From getting the Fishbone Earring (which was a requirement for Kedge Keep) to getting the Cleric Undead Banishment staff from the rare spawn in the Qeynos Servers.

EVERYTHING was a FREAKING CAMP.

THIS PATCH IS EverCamp.
Edited by Elineé on 12/5/2011 8:15 PM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior
12/05/2011 08:11 PMPosted by Arkthan
Helms, chests, shoulders, legs are most expensive. Three of those are available elsewhere so you dont need to buy them at the faire.

Well the rare quality ones are available as BoA gear but the epic quality ones aren't.

LOL

you know nothing of EverQuest.

EVERYTHING was a massive camp EVERYTHING!

Not just World Bosses - EVERYTHING.

From getting the Fishbone Earring (which was a requirement for Kedge Keep) to getting the Cleric Undead Banishment staff from the rare spawn in the Qeynos Servers.

EVERYTHING was a FREAKING CAMP.

THIS PATCH IS EverCamp.

How is having to dedicate a few minutes the first week of each month over seven months camping at all?

12/05/2011 08:14 PMPosted by Elineé
I have multiple toons who need items from the DMF, using all of your tunes to benefit only 1 toon is the biggest failure of a daily hub quest implementation I've ever seen.

So you're mad you can't finish DMF forever on ALL your toons in under a month? OH yeah the problem here really is the DMF.
Edited by Gulvak on 12/5/2011 8:17 PM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior
I was very excited my first day at the fair. I got 30 points towards an heirloom or a mog piece. I thought for sure I'd have my coveted 2h axe heirloom by the end of the week. Then on day two I realized I only got 5 more points. 10 additional after I did some dungeons and got the strong man (woman) quest.

This is epic fail. I am so disappointed. Yet another obvious time sink to keep people online doing stupid grinds.

They just continue to drive people away from this game.

Why would you buy heirloom gear at the darkmoon faire? It's just there to give someone an option when they have everything else. You're not intended to use the DMF primarily for BoA gear ... jesus.
85 Human Death Knight
lolno

you can farm them solo in old world instances. they are very easy to get and have about a 50% drop rate

You're a liar, it is not a 50% drop rate. You might've gotten lucky, but it takes the place of the rare drop rate slot of the bosses.
85 Human Death Knight
12/05/2011 08:15 PMPosted by Gulvak
How is having to dedicate a few minutes the first week of each month over seven months camping at all?

It's not a few minutes. In order to get the "boss drops" and "archaeology drops" that you and others insist on quoting and using in your posts, you will be devoting a horrendous amount of time farming.

Once again you've proven yourself ignorant of basic math just to justify Blizzard's implementation of the DMF.
90 Dwarf Warrior
It's not a few minutes. In order to get the "boss drops" and "archaeology drops" that you and others insist on quoting and using in your posts, you will be devoting a horrendous amount of time farming.

Once again you've proven yourself ignorant of basic math just to justify Blizzard's implementation of the DMF.

eh? just buy the stuff if you don't raid or do archaeology (also there are archaeology drops?)
90 Tauren Warrior
^ when you put it like that Arkthan, i withdraw any of my previous complaints.....would still be nice to get them automatically if you once had the gear :)
100 Orc Warrior
Takes me 2 minutes to run to the rfc boss who drops one, kill him, and 2 minutes to run out and reset. I got 2 in ten tries on 2 toons. Thats not exactly time consuming.

As for having multiple toons you want sets for, pick one and get its set this month. Next month get anothers set, or get one piece per toon and have incomplete sets for 7 months, your choice.
100 Orc Warrior
Nice transmog gear drkmentality. Im still trying to decide on a weapon. I had a nice axe, but we didnt get tank axes this expac.
100 Draenei Warrior

I went to the armor vendors. Helms, chests, shoulders, legs are most expensive. Three of those are available elsewhere so you dont need to buy them at the faire.

No they are not.
They are replicas of sets that were removed from the game.

There are items with different colors using the same model, but these sets do not exist in the game anymore.

A single helm costs 75 tokens.

Nuff said.
100 Orc Warrior
Im at 60 tokens, days left to go, and i just farmed my 4th artifact. I can get a helm now, and have the rest of the week to get more tokens. As i said earlier, if you put in the effort you can get a whole set this week using artifacts and alts.

Nuff said.
Edited by Arkthan on 12/5/2011 8:47 PM PST
90 Tauren Paladin
Im at 60 tokens, days left to go, and i just farmed my 4th artifact. I can get a helm now, and have the rest of the week to get more tokens. As i said earlier, if you put in the effort you can get a whole set this week using artifacts and alts.

Nuff said.

Not everyone gets that lucky with the artifacts.

I killed 20 bosses, and got absolutely zilch.

45 Tickets.
85 Gnome Warlock
"Beyond unacceptable"?
Deal with it.
100 Draenei Warrior

Nuff said.

Congrats you can get a helm this month.

In the next four-five month, you may be able to get the whole set.

By then, I'm pretty sure on my two mains I'll have at least one toon fully geared in T13, and other halfway there.
Vanity armor sets should not be more time consuming to obtain than current tier sets.

NUFF SAID.

PS: Not to mention, I plan to collect multiple sets per toon, which totals to couple of years of grinding.
I'm sure by the next expansion, Blizzard will realize their mistake and rebalance the cost and acquire rate, but until then, you'll have to deal with our whines. DEAL with it.
Edited by Sapphis on 12/5/2011 8:57 PM PST
90 Tauren Paladin

Nuff said.

Congrats you can get a helm this month.

In the next four-five month, you may be able to get the whole set.

By then, I'm pretty sure on my two mains I'll have at least one toon fully geared in T13, and other halfway there.
Vanity armor sets should not be more time consuming to obtain than current tier sets.

NUFF SAID.

Well, you CAN use alts to get the whole set within a month or two.

But you can't do that for Pets and Mounts, however.....
My plan is to do a couple things whenever I feel like it until I get the pet, then sell that sucker for as much as I can on the AH. I don't really like the original sets :D
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]