I will never go back to normal raiding again.

100 Troll Hunter
I am not the best player of this game... but nor am I the worst. I am medium. I dabble in all areas... I master none. I've raided, I've pvp'ed, I've collected, I've achievement-!@#$%d. Many have done these things better than I, but still... I've at least done decent at all of them.

That said... today I have finally killed an expansion's final boss within the life of that expansion. Within his first week of life no less. Something I, an average player... never did in the previous expansions.

He may have been a sissied up version of himself... but I do not care! I am thrilled and more than pleased with the LFR tool. Leave the harder versions and the fancier loot to the people who care for such things. This is all I need.

As someone who played Warcraft 1, Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3... but never any MMOs before this. This is all I've ever wanted.

This game has never been about the loot or the prestige for me. I've always just wanted to SEE the content. I want to SEE the characters. The cutscenes. The story. I want to meet them, talk to them, kill them. Whatever. Just wanted to do it. Loot was always just a means to that end for me. I wanted to see how the world of warcraft unfolded... in its entirity. FIRST hand. Without watching videos second hand on youtube, or reading about things on WoWWiki...

That said... LFR takes everything I've ever hated about raiding and makes it go poof. No more guild politics and BS. No more people yelling in vent. No practicing and grinding for months and months only to wipe and wipe and never even get to see that final boss. No more obligations. No more schedules. No more cares! I AM FREE! From here on out, I can kill EVERYTHING and owe NOTHING TO ANYONE! HOORAY!

I can finish a raid on my own time. On my own terms. I am warm and fuzzy inside.

My only complaint is that it wasn't backward compatible to the old Cataclysm raids... which I still have yet to see. A slight dissapointment... but oh well. Guess I'll have to see these later... once I've outleveled the content, just as I did so many others in the past.

But I can't tell you how excited I am that every tier of raiding moving forward into Mists of Pandaria will have this feature. I'll once again be excited for each and every patch day!

You'll note from my achievements... I didn't do one damn ounce of raiding in Cataclysm this past year... like many... I was growing tired of this game. And trying to do and see new things became more of a chore than a fun time... so my interest simply faded.

But today Blizzard, as I smote Deathwing with only minor headaches and a reasonable amount of wipes... I found myself having fun again. Well done!

There are kinks to smooth out to be sure... but I am very pleased with the LFR tool... and I will never go back to normal raiding again. The hardcore raiders have their hardcore raids... and I the average person, now have mine...

Hip Hip Hooray
Reply Quote
41 Undead Rogue
Great post here.

I feel the exact same.....never have to deal with guild politics and elitism ever again.

Good job Blizzard!
Reply Quote
Yay for positive posts!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
I have to agree with you. Due to real life, I am not able to commit to raiding on a set schedule and I have always been a little sad inside regarding not being able to see all the content of an expansion.

I, too, don't care about the loot. Has never been about that. I just want to see the content. If you hard core raid, you should have the best loot. Go get it.

I am so glad Blizz made this change. It makes me feel more a part of what is going on since I am such a lore junky.

Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Same! I haven't had time to get into LFR yet this week, but that's the beauty of it, isn't it? I can't be tied down to a raiding schedule but I can still raid... on MY terms! I love LFR!

<3 Grats on the DW kill!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/07/2011 03:54 AMPosted by Tweak
My only complaint is that it wasn't backward compatible to the old Cataclysm raids... which I still have yet to see.

This needs to happen. There are so many people out there who have never experienced BWD, BoT, and TotFW because of either guild issues, elitist pugs, no achievement etc...

Hopefully they can bring back some BC and Vanilla raids into this as well.
Reply Quote
3 Night Elf Priest
12/07/2011 03:54 AMPosted by Tweak
today I have finally killed an expansion's final boss within the life of that expansion. Within his first week of life no less. Something I, an average player... never did in the previous expansions.

This.....
thank you for expressing my experience as well..
I was never able to get into a raid because i'm 'casual' player. people in raiding guilds asked too much of time and commitment.
whereas pugs were available but chances of success was just too low.. it was frustrating..

but thanks to LFR, i'm finally able to see the final boss in the current Tier.

Thanks Blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
I'd like LFR a lot more if I weren't forced in there for trinkets and 4 set >.<

Glad someone enjoys it though.
Reply Quote
92 Orc Warrior
I'm in the same boat as you OP, I'm loving the LFR so far! :)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Totally agree , I never really cared about the loot and the whole afk in major cities so the noobs can admire my purples epeen bs . I just wanted to be able to experience a major part of the game that I never got to see before hand
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Nice post, and totally agree with you.

In the past, i've never had to think about things like raid locks or current boss fights, but now all that's changed and I wonder what I did before the LFR tool came in. I feel like i'm actually playing the game now, even if as you said it's a sissied up version of it, like you I also don't care.

Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
As someone who work rotating shifts (paramedic) I was never able to meet the requirements of a guild and would always get kicked or inactivity.

Thank you blizzard for LFR!
Reply Quote
I agree with this post, so much. I dropped the big bad, while he was still both big and bad. I have no title for it, no mount from it, no uber-gear to speak of.

I also don't care.

Because, at the end of the day, I killed him. And really, that's all I wanted.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Death Knight
Forums are great for showing whats a dumb idea and what people like. Ignoring all the dumb stuff blizzard does, the LFR is by far the best thing they've done for the game since arenas.

If Blizzard actually looks at how well it is doing, that it does get rid of all the crap people have to deal with in guilds and schedules, and the really lame learning curve of wipe after wipe, which is not fun. Now they just need to add normal mode to the raid finder leaving the hard core guild people with heroic mode as the difference between LFR and the elitist items, but also keeping the current LFR tier as its great training experience for the raid.

I still don't like raiding, and doubt I will. But its a smart move to really look at all the positive experience players are having with the LFR.

Oh and adding normal mode to the LFR and letting those PUGs accomplish quests and achievements, why not? I think it'd be harder to do achievements in a PUG than a guild group.
Edited by Recklesscow on 12/7/2011 4:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree with this post, so much. I dropped the big bad, while he was still both big and bad. I have no title for it, no mount from it, no uber-gear to speak of.

I also don't care.

Because, at the end of the day, I killed him. And really, that's all I wanted.

Pretty much this. (;
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Warrior
I totally agree with everything here. I was able to down him on my resto shaman tonight. Took a few tries, but, we managed.

I agree with this post, so much. I dropped the big bad, while he was still both big and bad. I have no title for it, no mount from it, no uber-gear to speak of.I also don't care.Because, at the end of the day, I killed him. And really, that's all I wanted.

^ This X 100.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like the LFR because it give me a chance to do something I normally don't get a chance to do on alt toon which is raid. Though I don't really like how simple and faceroll it is I'm very happy that it could grant even the casuals an ability to do what I love most in this game. And you don't deal with agonizing banging your head on the wall.

Also,

Gratz on the DW kill :D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Working as intended.
I can finally use that phrase to describe something good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]