I will never go back to normal raiding again.

50 Tauren Druid
I'm not going to read 180 pages of flaming because, well... seriously? I do just want to say that I think considering the vast majority of players in the game are likely the aforementioned "casual" ones that makes LFR a good move on Bliz's part.

No, I've never raided. I don't even know if I will, despite the change. I don't even really join guilds because... well, look at this thread. Or any thread. This is the WoW community, and this is what things often boil down to. Why would I want to be a part of that? So I can have an achievement or a mount or some awesome gear that I can troll trade about?

No thanks. My regular peen is fine enough for me to be worried about my e-version.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I recently restarted my account, so I haven't had a chance to try the new LFR, but everything the OP said is like a mirror of my own thoughts. I am glad there is someone else out there who thinks the same way i do about the content. I played since warcraft II. Killing the Lich King was finishing the story I started in WCIII. Thanks for your post OP.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
LFR is the best thing ever created :)

Cant wait to see the new talent trees
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Well, if it's raiding or not isn't the point.

The complaints are:

#1. It's a missed opportunity to improve the general community in World of Warcraft, in fact, it goes in the wrong direction, in that it retrenches bad behavior even further, things such as loot whoring and the don't give a crap (about other players) attitude.

What would I have done: LFR should have been tuned differently. Actually, scratch that, I would have tuned the 5-mans differently. I would have given them difficult enrage timers and healing requirements to ensure that players either A. have previous raiding experience or B. are willing to learn how to play correctly.

And yes, LFR should have been tuned with enrage timers AND Blizzard listed expectations of output and performance, so there would be no argument to if someone is slacking or not.

Finally, some sort of system should be put in place to where players of similar gear/experience are matched with each other. This is to reduce conflicts between people who play/see the game differently.

#2. It takes development time away from existing raids. Instead of getting 10-12 bosses, we got 7, then 8. That's what most people suspect. How can Blizzard fix this? They could set a clear roadmap for content in the future, hiring additional programmers/designers if need be.

Those are the big complaints, and they're fixable. Now, I support LFR. I think it's a great idea, but the implementation needs a bit of work. And Blizzard needs to realize that compared to WotLK, the amount of content in Cata was very lacking for a lot of players.
Reply Quote
Oh sure LFR is technically "raiding", but it's been trivialized to the point where people can cycle in and out of the raid DURING BOSS ENCOUNTERS. It's chaotic and full of irresponsibility. I wouldn't call it fun; there is hardly any chatter in raid chat and you have no idea who the people around you are.

WoW is a social game, it's an MMO. Now you can queue up for LFR and never have to talk, strategize, or help anyone in order to collect epics.

I can only hope that Blizzard keeps WoW as it is now. That way their new MMO can appeal to the higher calibre players that want a challenging grindfest that forces you to learn about social dynamics in order to succeed.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
Im very happy for all of you guys ...

I myself am not running LFR for when I raid I want the challange of the harder content .. but i wont be grudge anyone who does it ..

Unless they throw it up in my face that I have yet to beat DW on 10 man and they got the gear and everything and they killed DW blah blah blah ...

Hardcores and Casuals both do the same thing ... Chest pounding when one side or the other thinks they have 1 UPed the other.
Edited by Renwood on 12/15/2011 12:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/15/2011 12:26 PMPosted by Karmaze
Finally, some sort of system should be put in place to where players of similar gear/experience are matched with each other. This is to reduce conflicts between people who play/see the game differently.

What happens when someone with the gear and experience wants to just go into LFR and faceroll?
Reply Quote
18 Blood Elf Warlock
12/15/2011 12:34 PMPosted by Ziryus

What happens when someone with the gear and experience wants to just go into LFR and faceroll?

Or someone who is working on heroic DS and just wants a nice calm relaxed way to gear his alt without dealing with the same headache as he does every other raid night? That's another HUGE one so many people forget.... raiders who just want a break :D
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Well, they just click a box, and then they can still do LFR, it's just that they're then grouped with people around the same level that they are. That way, they can have a more enjoyable run, and the people who are more than happy to just flail and hit their heads against the wall can have their runs as well.

It'll take longer to form a group, of course, but I think it'll be worth it.
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Death Knight
12/15/2011 03:37 AMPosted by Thugwart
Raid (gaming), a type of mission in a video game where a very large number of people combine forces to defeat a powerful enemy

LFR does not have a powerful enemy.

12/15/2011 03:37 AMPosted by Thugwart
A raid is a type of mission in a video game in which a very large number of people (larger than the normal team size set by the game) attempt to defeat a boss monster.

Again to attempt to defeat. LFR does not have the attempt to defeat in it. It has defeat the boss only.

You can say its raiding by giving all the examples you want but its not.

In LFR you dont have to feast or flask.

In LFR you dont have to have any organization. One person saying kill purple or stack or kill add in baack or dps this target is not organization.

The biggest reason LFR is not raiding is because no one is held responsible for thier action.
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Death Knight
12/15/2011 12:45 PMPosted by Thugwart
Please explain to me how you are ignoring the fact that heroic mode is still in the game?

If you think heroic modes are heroic then I understand why you think LFR is raiding.

The only reason heroic modes are difficult for most people now is because they are severly undergeared for it. Once they get even close to the gear level that it was designed for it will not be heroic for 90% of them.

Just because the 5'0"" 140lb. guy seems like a giant to the 3'4" 70 lb. midget doesnt mean he is a giant. Just like heroics. Just because you think they seem hard because your bad doesnt mean they are hard for everyone.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
One of the best things i have ever read on forums. :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

That said... LFR takes everything I've ever hated about raiding and makes it go poof. No more guild politics and BS. No more people yelling in vent. No practicing and grinding for months and months only to wipe and wipe and never even get to see that final boss. No more obligations. No more schedules. No more cares! I AM FREE! From here on out, I can kill EVERYTHING and owe NOTHING TO ANYONE! HOORAY!

I can finish a raid on my own time. On my own terms. I am warm and fuzzy inside.

Hip Hip Hooray

Thanks for saying what i was thinking.
Reply Quote
Similar to OP's experience, I am very pleased with LFR too. I have waited till I have experienced it before posting here.

I live in the GMT+8 time zone and I have joined WoW since the beginning. Before LFD, a few of us could spend the whole night spamming the general channel and not getting a group. LFD is game changing for us - family and friends who play together, being able to group with others in another realm who may also live in a similar time zone.

LFR is also game changing for us, in a big way. I have not seen a raid boss since WoW was launched. From one expansion to the next, there has always been this gap in the story that has to be filled by reading the materials online, instead of playing the game to learn it. Last evening I finally get to see Deathwing's story and I was and still am very overwhelmed.

Thank you Blizzard.

And of course, being able to have a chance in collecting the tier set - albeit a different color and an inferior stats - is something that I would not have dreamed I would be doing. The design of most of the T13 sets is good. It is even better that some of us may now have access to them.

<---- Very happy.
Edited by Lolata on 12/15/2011 4:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
26 Goblin Mage
Thank you Blizzard.

And of course, being able to have a chance in collecting the tier set - albeit a different color and an inferior stats - is something that I would not have dreamed I would be doing. The design of most of the T13 sets is good. It is even better that some of us may now have access to them.

<---- Very happy.

Awesome! I've done LFR on my main, it's fun, easy, and quick. I can fill in gear holes for my normal-mode raids.

For this character, I'll be able to gear up in full T13 or TXX when I hit 85.

I'm glad other people share in this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]