I will never go back to normal raiding again.

90 Goblin Warrior
reading this thread made me dislike blizzard a little less. :] (yes...im influenced by little things like this. o_O not that anyway cares. lol)
Reply Quote
20 Human Rogue
Ok you guys who are QQ'ing about this thread or about LFR just stop the casuals have cried for 6 years for this(kinda makes you wonder what they've been doing all this time)and plus there casuals this is all they do you think your gonna win an argument on this trollfest with people who just sit on forums all day and its a mute point its already implimented there not gonna take it out, JUST STOP ALREADY AND LET THIS THREAD DIE!

P.S.when to QQ is if they nerf reg. or heroic then you guys can and should QQ.

uuuummmm.....no.
Puggers have been asking for it.
Casuals from 6 years ago and up, still enjoyed forming guilds, socializing and achieving at a "casual" pace what the game had to offer without making obsolete what they were accomplishing.
Resetting progression is not "casual"...puggers like that.
Accelerating leveling is not "casual"...puggers like that.
When you accelerate the entire pace of the game there is nothing "casual" about it.
LFD/LFR are tools that casuals will use but wouldn't whine if it wasn't available.
Puggers don't want to deal with anyone they just want to deal with contents, thus random finder is their godsend.
You know the type...the player that buys a game then buys the walk-through along with it, and then plays the game for 2 days straight to finish it and then move on to the next game.
Casuals don't buy the walk-through and they play intermittently for weeks/months...you know "casually" :P
Edited by Jènix on 12/16/2011 10:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
Wow !

How long will Blizzard continue to let the thread grow?

It seems that it might be to long for everyone to read and understand what the topic is trying to say.

Or maybe not.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
12/15/2011 07:38 PMPosted by Doomthulsa
A.K.A nerds

You are really ignorant...

Please upload a video on youtube of you soloing LFR. I'm sure someone of your "leet sauceness" has a guild worth of other "leet sauces" who will sit idle as you tear through the instance with your mighty, mightness!

Mionelol will do it for sure.

Just a matter of time...
Edited by Armina on 12/16/2011 7:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

Really? wow I guess none of u took 5 seconds to look at the mechanics online before you went in LFR huh? See the problem with not having LFR and being a casual but wanting to raid ISNT that its to hard, cause all the friggin content since BC is faceroll. Its that you wont take the time to learn anything >.> then stuff like this is made. LFR has its good points and bad points I'd rather it not but thats just my opinion.
Admittedly, yes, we did go in completely cold with no knowledge of the fight. This is something we never do in actual raiding but we had done the same thing for the first half of LFR and got through that with only one wipe on the last boss. My point is simply that the second part is harder than the first. No more, no less.

As to the rest of your comment, there has never been any "faceroll" raiding content in the game since it's inception. The end of BC (in particular Sunwell) was an abomination that Blizzard even said they would never foist on us again.

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
LFR is like playing in a 3rd grade soccer game. Everyone bunches up around the ball and chases it around the field in a massive pile of arms and legs.

In the end, everyone has fun, nobody looses, and you probably will get a juice box when you're done.
Edited by Ozmodiar on 12/16/2011 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/16/2011 02:47 PMPosted by Danielfboone
The end of BC (in particular Sunwell) was an abomination that Blizzard even said they would never foist on us again.

An abomination you say, I found it to be quite the amazing raid. Only got up to the first boss by clearing trash though it was some interesting trash that would slap you silly for looking down on it. An overall fun place to be and enjoyed clearing it the next expansion. It was the progression model of BC that Blizzard didnt want to push down on players again where players didnt get to see content not just because of difficulty but the many months of gearing out that it took in each tier to get to the current content and than you had the attunements which left new players who jumped in at the middle and end of an expansion with amost no chance of catching up. The bulk of BC that made content inaccessible was the attunements because you couldnt even get to step foot into a raid without an attunement and than you had to have the gear just to down the first boss. Blizzard changed this with WotLK and Cata, attunements are no more, gearing path to get raid ready can take a few weeks or maybe as little as a few days for the weekend warriors and you can be ready to step into the current raid gear wise with no prior experience in the previous raids.

So Blizzard removed the blocks from entering instances and greatly shortened and streamlined the gearing process which allow new and returning players to catch back up with the rest of the server or try out raiding if they have not done so before. Blizzard has gone a long way to making content accessible to players. What is left is the players willingness to tackle the challenges ahead of them. Frankly though not all the players want to do such and there is a big enough population of players who just want to go along for the ride and reap the rewards with no effort on their part.
Edited by Noctemtenchi on 12/16/2011 3:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I loves me some LFR!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Yup. OP is exactly how I feel too. Thanks Blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I still miss the days where you had to FIND the dungeons to get in them, granted I still hate Maradoun to death for this, but hey. LFR is a useful tool even for those of us who raid normally, the added gear per week, while not at raid level, is still damn useful. I only have one tweak/change I would like to see implimented. I'm relatively sure most PvE folk will agree with me. GIVE PVP GEAR NO ITEM LEVEL! A "tank" in full PvP gear has nowhere near the survivability as a tank in PvE gear, even blues. I'm rather tired of having a "tank" in LFR be wrapped in PvP gear, go and pull a boss, I start my rotation and pull right off of him. (before the LOL TRANSMOG starts, I checked the gear with inspect and looked over all of it. the only PvE gear this guy had was a blue trinket from a quest) Other than that, I am one of the folk who raid who think LFR is just fine, granted it's vastly easier than the normal, but it's about the same ramp up from normal to heroic raiding. I just don't like seeing PvP gear in the raid, it makes for poor heals, low dps, and bad tanks. Glad to see such a happy threat, hope it continues.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
yes its good but when you do 8/8 in lfr and try to pug a noramal they say ooo dont link lfr !@#$ it isnt the same haha
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm glad that so many people are enjoying the LFR tool. I've only used it once on my main protadin, and even though 10 of us were guildies, the experience was awful due to people's lack of knowledge, lack of care to learn content, and lack of manners.

It was hell.

However, I am hopeful that not all LFR groups will be that awful.
Reply Quote
I'm glad that so many people are enjoying the LFR tool. I've only used it once on my main protadin, and even though 10 of us were guildies, the experience was awful due to people's lack of knowledge, lack of care to learn content, and lack of manners.

It was hell.

I think it will get better. :) I've only been in there once for the first half, and then once for the 2nd half. The only wipes we had were at Ultraxion because one of the tanks didn't understand what to do, and refused to listen. When he/she was replaced, it went smooth as silk.

On a semi-related side note, I did end up putting people on ignore. I hope that ignore for LFR works just like LFG and I never see them again.
Reply Quote
20 Human Rogue
Sevaryn
85 Blood Elf Priest
Legendary Blood

It was hell.

If history is any indicator(LFD)...you hope in vain.
This LFR worked because it was tuned to players gear, just like LFD was released/tuned to established players gear in Wrath.
But what happens when MoP is released and Blizz does their customary expansion gear spike. What iLevel/difficulty do you tune LFR then.
Blizz was off by quite a bit at the start of Cata and pretty much everyone can attest to what the horrors of LFD was like. It took Blizz some time to tune them down to players abilities, which were for a good size of the LFD player base...ZERO.
Edited by Jènix on 12/17/2011 12:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
OP I give you my vow of glitter

:-)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree with the OP :) I killed Deathwing! Well, I healed him to death.

I'm in a guild where its just a couple of friends who aren't on at the same time. We'd love to raid, but we'd need to fill out at least 6-7 of the spots with PUG people. It doesn't go well. LFR lets us actually have fun and make a difference!

Thanks a bunch bliz!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
This post and thread has really made me want to hop in and check out the LFR. Games are supposed to be fun; challenging, yes, but still fun! I raided my butt off in Wrath with a guild I loved, and at a point, you just get worn out of an expansion if your guild can only go so far.

I don't think it's a crime that people who play this game have kids that they love, jobs that they hold, or commitments to physical fitness, sports teams, school boards, martial arts studios, girlfriends, boyfriends, wives, husbands, and religions. If "hardcore" means giving up on any of the things that really matter to us so that we can get a purple piece of gear that gets replaced in the next expansion by a green, I don't think that it's worth it.

LFR seems to be a great answer for that! Plus, the benefits for the hardcore raid guilds out there are that raiders can get trained, geared, and used to the mechanics of most of the fights before ever 'wasting' your time as well.

I'm not really seeing any downsides to the LFR itself... it seems like the people who are upset are just experiencing some wounded pride. Elite raiders will always still be elite raiders: they will still down the bosses sooner than the rest of us and have better gear. It's just that now we won't get penalized for not having a flexible schedule and lots of hours to play.

It's a GAME, folks. If it's making you angry, change the way you play... it's not worth getting upset over, especially since you're paying money to play it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]