I will never go back to normal raiding again.

90 Worgen Priest
Just want to say Thank you Blizzard...LFR really does make WoW FAR ABOVE any other online game that I participate in. I know of no other gaming company that understands and works towards the enjoyment of it's player base as much as you do. So please accept my thanks and I shall continue to look forward to our gaming future :)

Defeat the Wyrm
Deflect the Weaver
Dance in the Wyld
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
All the 'yay LFR' shows is that the majority of players aren't interested in any type of challenging gameplay. They just want interactive cutscenes with free loot at the end.

Can only imagine how horrible MOP is going to be with blizzard thinking LFR was the best thing they ever did.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Okay, hardcores, get off your high horse. This is not a game made exclusively for you. that's what massively multiplayer means- as many people as possible enjoying the content.
Just because there is an easy mode out now, and people can get easy gratification, does not mean you're being neglected. There is still two modes of content above LFR, and they offer lots of things LFR just doesn't- titles, and mounts, and even some equipment like morchok's axe. Yes, there may be lots of idiots still making it to normal mode. But now? There's a good chance those idiots at least have a vague idea about the content by that point, having made it through LFR.
Reply Quote
I love LFR so much I would almost swap a piece of the triforce for it. Almost.
Edited by Ganon on 12/20/2011 4:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Exactly my thoughts on the matter. Real-life scheduling can longer keep me from experiencing content that I, as a player, am entitled to. /Support.

- Hel
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I just got done with my first LFR experience. Was really awesome. Was very happy to see the lore and cut scenes and experience the death of Deathwing!

Would love to see LFR have Firelands, and older raids for people looking to transmorgrify/achievments etc.

Really helpful to learning the encounters also so I can take this experience with me on a raid nite with the guild if/when they need.
Edited by Enderz on 12/20/2011 9:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
<snip> .

A.K.A nerds

People like you make me want to stop being such a good person.

WoW has a trash community and trashy social interaction. Sure, you can try to take the initiative and trying conversing or leading groups etc; but it is all for naught as people just only care about rewards in this game now... no longer the risk involved for said rewards or the joy of accomplishment of great feats with your friends. Hell I never raided beyond BWL in vanilla but god damn when i raided those were some of the funnest times; even moreso in BC. After that I've probably met one person I'd call a friend that made it to my friends list at any point in the last two expansions...

Blizz doesn't care anymore, they say they do but really only for the casual audience now as is evidence in NYtimes. I'm a casual but I can't stand for what seems to be such a huge betrayal to what an MMO fundamentally is; a game that is about social interaction with thousands of other players. I can't tell this game apart fro Guild Wars now it is horrid.

Cross server BG's hurt the server community, LFD killed it and LFR is just beating the dead horse further into its own grave. The open world feeling and world pvp is blizzards last attempt for this vet; if that fails then I'm burning my bridges behind me and never coming back.

Hopefully GW2 works out because I dislike the star wars franchise.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Hope Blizz can do one more difficulty:

Normal LFR -> Heroic LFR ->Normal Raid -> Heroic Raid

ilvl 384/390 - ilvl 390/396 - ilvl 397/403 - ilvl 410/416

Normal LFR - just like now, can ignore mechanics, AFKers can get loot lol. Blue gear please, no purple

Heroic LFR -> Same mechanics with Normal mode, same damage but just lesser hitpoints (so lesser rinse/repeat phases)

Normal Raid - Same as now but should be puggable still

Heroic Raid - This should not be puggable and should never be nerfed. They should always have the best looking gear and hopfully a non-purple gear. Maybe Yellow? Just like in D2.

Please make t his happen in Patch 4.4! and include old raids!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I work booked jobs in the fashion & entertainment industry, so while my schedule is flexible, it is often unpredictable. It's difficult to commit to a weekly raiding schedule on just one character, let alone the several 85s I have. LFR has allowed me to see content on all of these alts who might otherwise have been forgotten. Most importantly, it allows me to do so on my schedule, at my pace, and with no penalty should a group happen to fail.

LFR may not be a replacement for normals & heroics, but it's definitely a welcome addition to the PvE experience.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
12/26/2011 05:48 PMPosted by Gavinn
also if you look there are more and more posts saying that they are bored and dont know what to do now...dont know if thats just coincidence but thats just me.
You really bumped this thread to be a Debbie Downer?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
LFR is a good thing. I like
very much.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
please request for sticky thread!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Hi, Jack.

I'm curious. What all would need to change in, for example, Icecrown Citadel before it's LFR-capable?

Not a whole lot I suppose as far as the raid mechanics go, but it's long enough we'd want to chop it in half because we expect the time investment in the Raid Finder to be much shorter than ICC in its entirety was. Chopping it in half isn't a small task.

We absolutely would love to go back and Raid Finder more raids, it's just finding the time, and ultimately weighing that time against creating new raids and making those Raid Finder compatible.

Page 35 was the last Blue post, it's now page 184. Why no more blue posts? Does this mean that they're busy tuning old raids in LFR? yay!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Awesome! Raid finder loot chance, a dead deathwing and no guild and the crap that comes with them *smile*. I enjoy pugging the normal 10 man and it's easy to find a group.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thank you so much Blizzard! I'd like to raid with my guild, but being on the other end of the country, and with a job that requires evening, weekend, and holiday work at times, it's just not possible.

Kudos for adding a feature in that lets everyone see the end-game content. And thanks for remembering all of us who'd like to raid, but can't for whatever reason. Now we can see all the content in the game too. I appreciate the time you've put into this LFR deal. Well done, folks.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
You know, I coulda sworn that somewhere a Blizz rep said that maximum post count was roughly 500 in a thread.

I've seen large threads locked anywhere between 400 and 550.

THEN, suddenly a Positive Thread about their newest feature is able to get up to a whopping 3,500?

I smell something fishy here.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
You know, I coulda sworn that somewhere a Blizz rep said that maximum post count was roughly 500 in a thread.

THEN, suddenly a Positive Thread about their newest feature is able to get up to a whopping 3,500?

Ofcourse you would hang onto a positive thread as long as you can plus if you are looking for feed back on your newest feature you would want as much as you can handle. If you were blizzard you would let his have as many posts as possible too. Unless you are trying to get those threads about "rating the person above you" to have 3500 posts which i hope you are not.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Ofcourse you would hang onto a positive thread as long as you can plus if you are looking for feed back on your newest feature you would want as much as you can handle. If you were blizzard you would let his have as many posts as possible too. Unless you are trying to get those threads about "rating the person above you" to have 3500 posts which i hope you are not.

Sorry, but if Blizzard was really looking for feedback, they'd want to hear the good AND the bad. Threads that are predominately negative--and I don't mean trolling and inappropriate forum conduct, but about things that some in the community feel are negative about the game--get auto locked by the system at 500 posts or whatever the number is, and are not reopened by the mods, to the point that sometimes, many continuation threads are made on the same issues.

But THIS thread...oh, this lovely thread full of lots of positive comments about the LFR...THIS thread is still hanging around at 3500+ posts. That right there should tell anyone paying a whit of attention what Blizzard really means about wanting to hear our feedback.

Yep, we get it now. Positive feedback only please. Got it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]