I will never go back to normal raiding again.

100 Pandaren Priest
As a hardcore raider I can say a lot of my hatred towards LFR is development time. Not much else is my concern if people get epics or not. But also because of the lack of challenge being substituted for hard. What is the difference? Let me explain in a way you might understand.

2 + 2 = 4 That wasn't hard at all right?

2 x 2 = 4 still not hard

2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 = 524,288 Now my question to you is is this equation hard or challenging? It requires work, but more or less, you already got the concept of 2 x 2 already. So when you have a boss that you've already doing the same mechanics, just hitting harder, my question to you is this hard or challenging?

The second boss of heroic Dragon soul doesn't include new mechanics, it just gives you one extra ooze. I already know how to dps down an ooze. I've been doing it since BC. So how can that be a challenge if I already know how to do it? In ulduar heroic Mirimon had all his mechanics, except in heroic the floor is on fire. Instead of healing or dpsing harder, players now had to approach it from a different angle. So why do we have cheap mechanics? Because it is easier to develop. Why design a whole new concept when you just increase the base values. Blizzard has already said they are lacking in manpower and they now have to design 5 different raid encounters, it is easy to blame the guy getting free epics while we are busting our %&^$ off on the same mechanics. I hope you now understand the difference between hard and challenging.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Raid finder isn't for hardcore raiders, its for the rest of the wow community. Now that that has been settled.... Blizz, this system works great and I expect you will be updating and tweaking as time goes on. Here are a couple tweaks that I would love to see. Hard mode! Yep, give us a raid finder where the bosses are the same as say 10m normal, and cut the loot drop rate in half vs LFR nomal. That way i can knock out my LFR within 2 hours of reset, get my shiny new epix, and do the hard mode all week and actually learn the fights, etc. Secondly I would love to see the LFR system implemented for RBGS and Arena. For the same reasons I can't commit to a raid schedule, I cannot commit to an RBG team or an arena team. However I am a skilled and geared player, Id love to hop on and que for an RBG and get put in a group with folks that are geared as well. Leaving the formation of the group up to human players just excludes too many people from the content in the game they would like to see.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
OMG. How have I not seen this thread this past month?

OP said everything I didn't have the guts to say in these forums. /salute

Totally agree. I play for the content. Gear grinding is a necessary evil, and is still there, but now it's actually doable.

LFR hasn't taken beating the content from Decent Challenge to Faceroll. It's taken it from %$&*^%ing IMPOSSIBLE For Casuals to Possible For Casuals.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
01/05/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Noctemtenchi
You mean the ones who are not stuck in the middle and least likely to feel the effects? I have been PuG raiding for the past three years and have never had such a hard time finding normal mode PuGs on my late night schedule as I do now.

My guild has been having problems findings PuGs to fill the one or two spots we have open once or twice a week but i dont believe this is wholly due to the LFR. It seems that realm populations are lower. Or just people logged on are lower. I know some people are just logging on to wow to do whatever quick daily stuff they need to do then log off to play swtor. Subbing both games leaves little time to play alts and fill pugs, I believe this will all even out eventially.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
OMG this thread is STILL going??

can we just end it saying LFR is a good addition to the game allowing casual players to see content and get a little gear, while still letting people who want to do something that is harder raid normal and heroic raids for better loot?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin

can we just end it saying LFR is a good addition to the game allowing casual players to see content and get a little gear, while still letting people who want to do something that is harder raid normal and heroic raids for better loot?
NEED MOAR UPVOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, but yeah, this is crazy.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
i mean i love the system but DAMN this is a lot of posts
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Druid
01/05/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Brillak
As a hardcore raider I can say a lot of my hatred towards LFR is development time. Not much else is my concern if people get epics or not. But also because of the lack of challenge being substituted for hard. What is the difference? Let me explain in a way you might understand.

I usually explain a bit different.

Hitting the bullseye 1000 times from 1 pace away is just a lot of (boring) work.
Hitting the bullseye 1 time from 1000 paces away is quite a challenge.

Unfortunately, Blizzard seems to think the way to challenge players is to just give them a lot of easy and boring work to do, and more so for solo play...
Reply Quote
3 Night Elf Rogue
Wtf whose Jack? Oh my server is Arathor i usaully play on my horde characters but i play alliance to make fun of them XD.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
sorry to say but this is comeing to an end the so called good players are starting to take over the raid finder istead of getting there own groups together they just keep booting the players they think should be doing high DPS I ran in to thuis today they said that if you cant do at least 10000 DPS you have no buisness in raidfinder
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/15/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Nutss
they said that if you cant do at least 10000 DPS you have no buisness in raidfinder

If you can't do 10k DPS with a 372 ilevel then you don't have any business inflicting yourself on 24 other people. Go to a dummy and learn how to play. 10k DPS is what people were pulling in blues and greens at the beginning of the expansion.
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Death Knight

...it's because there are those that will stop at nothing, and stoop to any level of puerile arrogance, to prevent the average player from seeing the content.

The current DPS kicking obsession, is proof of that.

Because as we all know kicking someone, is the best way to teach them right?Oh and all you have to do is tell them to 'try harder' in a flippant, arrogant tone, and they will magically become a DPS machine...yes that works every single time. /sarcasm

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Wooot! It's still alive!

Go baby go!.

But yeah, i'm still happy with the LFR.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Lfr is good for normal 10man raiders too the 384 gear performs quite nicely in normal 10man and 250vp for half a face roll raid is quite nice.
Edited by Nelaniena on 1/15/2012 9:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Fantastic it is good to see someone not flaming Blizzard for the job they do but congratulating them. Every word you typed I am in agreement with, because this is a game not a place of work :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/15/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Glaw
Because as we all know kicking someone, is the best way to teach them right?Oh and all you have to do is tell them to 'try harder' in a flippant, arrogant tone, and they will magically become a DPS machine...yes that works every single time. /sarcasm

Last time I helped a player in a nice tone I got my head bit off and had lots of foul language thrown at me(had fun putting that ticket in). So it goes both ways and those who are trying are getting mixed in with those who are purposefully being disruptive/lazy.

The second to the last person I helped with was a tank who stated they was new to tanking the new five mans thought I was trolling them when I complemented them for grabing aggro on an add that most tanks usually just let beat on the healer.

The more anonymity goes up and risk for being a disruptive player goes down the only further toxic the community becomes. Your elitists are not the only jerks, they range from all levels of skill and time commitment and they grind everyones gears in someway that comes back around only to be misdirected towards others.
Edited by Noctemtenchi on 1/15/2012 9:54 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]