I will never go back to normal raiding again.

Good for you.

LFR is pretty swell, except for the few rotten tools you get sometimes.
Edited by Amypond on 2/26/2013 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have to admit, I was kinda nervous to step into a Fall run, having not seen beyond Blackhorn in our 10N runs. But I actually had fun in there.

I don't know if the DPS included paladins, but we had druid / warrior for tanks, and three druids (includes me, natch) and three shaman as healers. We only had one wipe (on Blackhorn,) and it brought none of the nastiness that people have been making threads about: we just regrouped and got it done.

We also saw no loot drama, no recount linking... just a good hour and a half of fun. But maybe I got lucky, in a way that I wish I could be lucky on trinket upgrades. :P
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
12/07/2011 06:38 PMPosted by Zarhym
This is absolutely the attitude and language that, in this community, needs to go sit in the corner for a while. If you can't stand the thought of there being multiple difficulty tiers of content -- into which we pour a lot of our development efforts -- to make raiding feasible for more than 2% of players, hit Heroic mode, turn on vent, and repeatedly remind your friends how good you are. I have no doubt they care. :)

First off there's no way only 2% of level 60/70/80/85 players were the only ones raiding. And it's not about bragging rights, it's about having SOMETHING difficult to do that's actually worth while. If there's a way easier version of something that gives very similar rewards, then no one wants to do the 'hard' version (which is still easier than raids used to be based on how much quicker it's finished by the best guilds)
Reply Quote
5 Human Priest
A lot of posts in this thread make me happy. It warms the heart to hear that players are having a good time experiencing the final raid of Cataclysm and putting the "death" in Deathwing. Raid Finder was specifically designed to make raid content more accessible. We do, after all, put a hell of a lot of work into designing that content. To that end, if we need to take more time with each raid to develop a Raid Finder version so that a vastly larger percentage of our playerbase can take part, then it's well worth it.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, Tweak, and everyone else who jumped in with constructive comments as well. :)

Any possibility that you guys will add raid finder for the old classic raids not only for level appropriate toons but for max level as well to go back and experience say Sunwell when it's hard to get enough interest on your own server I know between all servers there's enough interest to Queue up for such.

I know I can solo Kara, but I miss raiding that as well and would love to queue for it as an alternative for xp while leveling as well without just the same old instances for 5 mans only..
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Sounds fun, and that's too bad for me, as LFG ruined me for any of this. I won't do non-full guild anything, maybe it's cus my guild is casual enough to all have jobs and real life and is more laid back, but I find LF* to be a big waste of time with a bunch and punk kids e-peening all over those not in the latest and greatest gear, telling you how you should do job X, telling you how bad you suck cus they died when *they stood in the fire/frost/shadow/cleave/whatever*, etc.. Have no will to even investigate that button on my bar and await mods that remove it.

Glad to see its not like that for everyone in every battle group though.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
FIrst off, if a Blue actually quotes a % you can bet its accurate or as close to accurate as can be. They have access to nuymbers and hardcore data no player will ever see. It also explains WHY LFR was so important for the game as a whole.

Secondly , it also comes close to matching the numbers that have been thrown out since launch, 2%-5% of players see end raids in vanilla, bc. Wrath was the first expansion that saw more than that. In my anecdotal experience, most players only saw MC in Vanilla, and Kara in BC.

Edit- In case the blues are still watching. LFR will keep me paying my monthly payment. I am playing other games, while working FT and going to college PT. Being able to log in do something better than dailies is worth the $15 a month for me.
Edited by Grimely on 1/16/2012 7:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
im just happy it gives me the chance to get my t13 gear :D
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Druid
First off there's no way only 2% of level 60/70/80/85 players were the only ones raiding.

If you actually believe that, you're delusional.

If he actually went back and looked at the exact numbers, I have no doubt it would be far less than 1% across all servers. I've been playing this game for the entire time it has existed (except for the first two months) and I ran into more people who did raiding in the first two years than in the rest of the time I've played. Before LFR, it was very rare when I ran into people who actually raided.

Draw your own conclusions.

There are a lot of top level characters out there who never raided and never would have before LFR, myself included.

LFR is one solution to the uptight, workaholic, interview-rabid guilds, of which I am sure you are a member.

I hope they come up with many more solutions to keep me and my friends playing instead of just paying our subs while playing other games and waiting for Diablo 3...
Edited by Hellakitty on 1/16/2012 7:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
So anyone going to make the jump to normal modes after the nerfs now that they have gained raid experience in LFR?
Edited by Blacksavior on 1/19/2012 6:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Stop rezzing this thread guys. This is really getting old...
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Mage
01/19/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Cutanaga
Reply Quote
5 Draenei Paladin
12/07/2011 06:38 PMPosted by Zarhym
This is absolutely the attitude and language that, in this community, needs to go sit in the corner for a while. If you can't stand the thought of there being multiple difficulty tiers of content -- into which we pour a lot of our development efforts -- to make raiding feasible for more than 2% of players, hit Heroic mode, turn on vent, and repeatedly remind your friends how good you are. I have no doubt they care. :)

loljk if you start to feel special from doing heroic modes we will nerf them for the 99%
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
01/19/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Cutanaga

This is a relevant thread, what you got against this thread?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
I like how Blizzard says that they're happy with this, how people that want to see the content no longer are forced to run Normals and can do LFR. I completely agree with that, it's good that these people can get what they want. And if they don't want to run Normals, hey that's their decision, they just want to see the raid they aren't into progression.

And then a couple months later, when Blizzard sees not as many characters have seen Normal DS, what's the reason why? IT'S TOO DIFFICULT! NERF IT SO MORE PEOPLE CAN RUN IT.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
01/16/2012 04:55 AMPosted by Screws

First off there's no way only 2% of level 60/70/80/85 players were the only ones raiding. And it's not about bragging rights, it's about having SOMETHING difficult to do that's actually worth while. If there's a way easier version of something that gives very similar rewards, then no one wants to do the 'hard' version (which is still easier than raids used to be based on how much quicker it's finished by the best guilds)

Whether you agree or disagree is your choice, but I agree with Zarhym about the "attitudes".

I've seen some forum comparisons about those who prefer LFR to those of subhuman apes and chimps. Over a video game? Seriously.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Couldn't agree more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]