I will never go back to normal raiding again.

90 Night Elf Hunter
12/07/2011 05:27 AMPosted by Sumaki
If it's intended for those that are simply time constrained then why did blizzard make it leaps and bounds easier??

Hmmmm maybe because it takes less time?
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
My guildmates and I were discussing LFR last night after we got out of the siege of wyrmrest. The overall consensus among all of us is that we all, raider and casual alike, enjoy the heck out of LFR for various reasons. For those of us that don't raid it's a great way for us to experience content that was previously blocked off. We accept that we're not seeing the full amount of it and that some portions are still available to raiders only (achievements, hardmodes, etc.) but the point is that -we get to do it-. And we get to earn okay gear on top of it, which helps us out should we ever want to try the normal mode versions in a 10 man casual guild group.

For the raiders in the guild it makes them happy because they can practice the fights at a more leisurely pace, AND they get to raid with friends/family that they were previously blocked out of spending time with due to lockouts, etc. It also helps them gear some of their alts more quickly since they get to go in knowing the fights.

LFR really is win-win with everyone. Even after getting a group that couldn't really do spine last night, I have still had a blast with this system and I look forward to them expanding it.
Reply Quote
12/07/2011 05:27 AMPosted by Sumaki
If it's intended for those that are simply time constrained then why did blizzard make it leaps and bounds easier??

Because there's no way to guarantee that only time-constrained people would use it
Reply Quote

I'm sure you're all nice ppl. I am just really frustrated at the slow downward spiral of this game since vanilla. I love the game. It's just REALLY changed from 7 years ago and it's because it caters to the people that DIDN'T make it a successful game... and making a "25m RAID" this easy just erks me. It's just as easy as a cata reg dg.

The casuals of the world may not have made WoW a success, but they are what keeps it one.
Reply Quote
78 Worgen Hunter
12/07/2011 05:34 AMPosted by Sumaki
and making a "25m RAID" this easy just erks me. It's just as easy as a cata reg dg just with more people. Denying that is lying to yourself.

Then don't do it. It's not for you. But everyone isn't you.

It doesn't make the game any worse. It allows people the previously could not do the content, for a myriad of reasons, to do it.

It takes nothing away from raiding. I am in a progression 25 man raiding guild and i am happy for people that like LRF. Good for them. If anything it will give people a taste for raiding and a way to gear up toons and maybe, just maybe, jump into progression raiding.

Only good things as far as i can see.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

My question is why dose LFR affect you?

You don't like it then don't do it.

Simple.

Because I pay for the game, have for years like millions of others and feel the want or need to express my opinion and hopefully it makes a difference.

Don't worry it won't, no one cares really. To each thier own, and if LFR doesn't effect you, why do you even care?
Reply Quote
Glad you guys like it. I hate that this game has gotten so tailored to "I WANT IT NOW" and "I don't care if I play bad" players. This game was 1000% times more rewarding back during vanilla. I still play because I enjoy raiding. I don't mind the LARGELY dumbed down version of the raids, but the gear should be blues. Not epics...because you're not doing anything epic.

Having to put up with this guy is exactly why I stopped wasting time with raids.

The LFR is the best thing to happen to this game in years.
Reply Quote

My question is why dose LFR affect you?

You don't like it then don't do it.

Simple.

Because I pay for the game, have for years like millions of others and feel the want or need to express my opinion and hopefully it makes a difference.

Well, you DO have the right to your opinion. And everyone else in this thread has the right to express THEIR opinion about it. So far, LFR doesn't seem have a lot of drawbacks from what most of us are saying.

1) There are no Mounts
2) There is no title
3) The shinys are greatly nerfed
4) "Real" raiders, (like yourself,) can and do use it to fill minor gear gaps
5) Casuals, (like myeslf,) get to see content
6) Some bad players can and will be carried from time to time, but really that's been the case since Wrath 25-man
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I feel the same, I used to be an elite fire mage..Laughing at people, doing the worst to people who where ungemmed and unenchanted, coming into my raids without pots, I'd point them out and have everyone laugh at them before kicking them. (I'd even do gear checks and let them in just to make fun of them.)

Now, I'm actually having fun instead of using the fall of others to feel good.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Mage
I think the concept of LFR is fine, I think the difficulty is just too easy. I was in a LFR run over the weekend where 16 people died and with 9 people up we still killed the boss. LFR was supposed to be a place where new players learned how to raid, making the content so faceroll that it's almost impossible to fail isn't going to prepare these players to raid the big boy raids. It feels more like a loot pinata than a raid atm.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I feel the same, I used to be an elite fire mage..Laughing at people, doing the worst to people who where ungemmed and unenchanted, coming into my raids without pots, I'd point them out and have everyone laugh at them before kicking them. (I'd even do gear checks and let them in just to make fun of them.)

Ok, that is just mean.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

Ok, that is just mean.

It was even funner when they got on vent.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

I'd never do that. I don't mind at all helping people. It helps the game. Making it easier for those that don't spend just a short time learning mechanics doesn't.
Edited by Sumaki on 12/7/2011 5:54 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]