I will never go back to normal raiding again.

90 Night Elf Druid
It looked like he wasn't mocking hard core raiders so much as unrepentant douchebags.

And the casuals financed the game through three expansions that allowed the hard core raiders to play the game at all. The money generated from the hard core maybe pays for the janitorial staff at Blizzard, if that

Exactly id be suprised if the money hardcore raiders bring in barely pays for the toilet paper in their buildings...

Blizzard got smart... building all that amazing end game so only a handful could see it. Well now we can all see it but only the hardcore get the best gear, best mounts, best titles, everyone wins.
Reply Quote
43 Night Elf Hunter
Hi, Jack.

I'm curious. What all would need to change in, for example, Icecrown Citadel before it's LFR-capable?

Not a whole lot I suppose as far as the raid mechanics go, but it's long enough we'd want to chop it in half because we expect the time investment in the Raid Finder to be much shorter than ICC in its entirety was. Chopping it in half isn't a small task.

We absolutely would love to go back and Raid Finder more raids, it's just finding the time, and ultimately weighing that time against creating new raids and making those Raid Finder compatible.

I'm happy with what the raid finder has provided for people like the OP. Really I am. But would you at least promise the hardcore raiders that hard modes will never be accessible via a raid finder? Hard modes are the only thing that we have left that offer any real challenge and recognition for those who complete them and they'd no doubt be nerfed to the ground in order to make them LFR friendly.
Edited by Jawaka on 12/8/2011 1:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I love this post, i love this troll (a non trolling troll). FOR ONCE, A ACCTUAL POSITIVE POST

*cheers*

But yes, i agree with all everything the OP has said

*Liked*
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I'm happy with what the raid finder has provided for people like the OP. Really I am. But would you at least promise the hardcore raiders that hard modes will never be accessible via a raid finder? Hard modes are the only thing that we have left that offer any real challenge and recognition for those who complete them and they'd no doubt be nerfed to the ground in order to make them LFR friendly.

They why would they be added to the raid finder? That's just paranoid. Hardcore raiding will exist for as long as it's profitable for Blizzard to offer it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin

\
Bro, by logic, Hard mode would need to stay hard mode to be considered hard mode.

Why even put it on the LFR if it is to be nerfed? then it wouldn't be hard mode and things would basically be exactly how they are now.

LFR=EZ
Hard mode =hard.

What are you saying because I am truly lost.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

I think hard mode LFR would completely defeat the purpose of either LFR or hard mode...
Reply Quote
Hi, Jack.

Not a whole lot I suppose as far as the raid mechanics go, but it's long enough we'd want to chop it in half because we expect the time investment in the Raid Finder to be much shorter than ICC in its entirety was. Chopping it in half isn't a small task.

We absolutely would love to go back and Raid Finder more raids, it's just finding the time, and ultimately weighing that time against creating new raids and making those Raid Finder compatible.

I have only ever raided through the LFR and it was great. I think this is a valid point. Don't jeapordise guilds after all the work on them. Leave normal and hardmodes out of LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
gogo lfr

I only did a full firelands run once last patch

iv done deathwing almost 3 times this week

YAY!

LFM FL PST 7/7 or no invite

LFM Rag kill must be 7/7 or no invite

LFM for a new progression guild. Must be 7/7. Also LF casuals to help level

Yup, i won't miss seeing that. i still will, but at least now it won't make me sick to my stomach. now i can go do the LFR and raid to my hearts content.

Players like you seriously just make me laugh.

You get in a tissy fit because raid leaders put a restriction on THEIR raid group when the answer to this issue is right in front of you. Just make your own raid. Boom. There you go. Issue solved.

You come to forums flailing your arms and crying about the "elitists" who won't let you into THEIR raids, but I guess making your own group is just too darn hard amirite?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Feeling entitled here is like going to the gym and paying for a gym membership, and then complaining that you're not gaining muscle.

You're not gaining muscle because you're not lifting weights. You're just paying to use the gym's equipment. The extent of the use is up you.

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Players like you seriously just make me laugh.

You get in a tissy fit because raid leaders put a restriction on THEIR raid group when the answer to this issue is right in front of you. Just make your own raid. Boom. There you go. Issue solved.

You come to forums flailing your arms and crying about the "elitists" who won't let you into THEIR raids, but I guess making your own group is just too darn hard amirite?
No. i have done it and I own my own 10 man vent. I'll even let you use it if you want since i am out of commission till my PC gets built.

The problem is that people actually kinda want to see your achive in the recruitment speal. I did an experiment. i tried recruiting people and asking them to know the fight. i get a couple of hits bt that is it.

i then linked my under achiever and demanded that people be 4/4 (I was doing T-11) and we filled up in 15 minutes.

So yeah, try again.
Reply Quote
The guild I belong to just recently (2 days ago) started good old fashion raiding.

I thought to myself...why?

I decided not to raid with them even though I am one of their top DPS players.

They are probably not very happy with my decision but they respect it.

I wish them luck but only as long as raiding does not become so serious in the guild that it starts affecting the way I play.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

I don't mean this in a mean spirited way, I just find it amusing...Finding the time? You have a separate team working on the expansion that comes after MoP and you guys don't have enough time? :P

I really don't care one way or the other, but it's amusing to read some of your guys' responses about 'time'. Why don't we all just call it what it is? Making old raids LFR compatible, making armor sets not look like crap, adding the dance studio that has been delayed for over 4 years, making Cataclysm longer than 3 whole patches, and not reusing SIX boss models in Dragon Soul would take resources away from an expansion that you can charge people $40 for.

Instead of devoting addition resources toward something that could improve the CURRENT game you guys are only worried about releasing expansions at an expedited rate. You don't have to be a game developer to see the obvious corporate goal. Again, I don't care, but be honest about it.

All that said, the LFR tool is a welcome addition. It gives people without guilds something to do. It's a true shame that it doesn't work with older raids, because as Bash said, it really wouldn't be that difficult to do systems wise, the system is already made. Bosses would need tweaking obviously, and I won't pretend to know the process behind that, but I doubt it's a monumental task.

Good job either way, Spine and Madness are pretty fun :D
Edited by Kittygomew on 12/8/2011 1:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/08/2011 01:41 AMPosted by Milsa
The problem is that people actually kinda want to see your achive in the recruitment speal. I did an experiment. i tried recruiting people and asking them to know the fight. i get a couple of hits bt that is it.

This is a load of baloney.

I have been running three to four pugs raids a week across this toon and my alts since T11. Not once, literally not one single time in the entire span of god knows HOW many raids I have I led, have I ever had anyone ask me to link MY achievement when I spam in trade chat for a healer, tank or DPS.

You have only killed handful of T11 bosses ONCE so yeah..
12/08/2011 01:41 AMPosted by Milsa
try again.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I happen to love the LFR. It lets the people who can't raid to actually have some sense of doing something in this game.

Only thing is that I agree it is way too easy. One shotted every boss all through Deathwing. I would love to see at least a normal version of LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior

I agree with this sexy Worgen. LFR is a joke. 4.3 is a joke. It's Wotlk all over again.

As WoW achieved its highest subscriber levels in Wrath, I imagine that's the idea. Oddly, making raiding harder like "everyone" wanted coincided with significant subscriber declines. Curious.
Gasp! You noticed it too, huh? =P
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I loooveee raid finder sooo000 muchh ! i remember being one of the people back on the old forums asking for raid finder xD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]