I will never go back to normal raiding again.

90 Blood Elf Priest
12/08/2011 01:43 AMPosted by Deandia
I decided not to raid with them even though I am one of their top DPS players.

You haven't done a single raid on your mage, priest or warrior.

I am sure your guild will figure out a way to go on without you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Well, I haven't had a chance to do it just yet, however, I am looking forward to setting aside a few hours this weekend to make a go of it!

My only complaint, is that my frame rate is destroyed in 25 mans despite turning the game to the lowest settings. That saddens me.

I'm sure people who have computers with better GPU's though see beautiful things, but I'd like to lower graphics further, by turning off all friendly spell details, because frankly, I don't care to see them affect my frame rate! Off the top of my head, the only ones that I really feel like I need to see is the anti-magic zone and the area place priest bubble.

I don't expect this to be implemented and believe this will be my final expansion, as I don't intend to buy continuously more powerful computers for the sake of a video game. Which makes me glad I was able to experience this content, even at 4 fps.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I like a challenge as much as the next guy and tackling the normal content on a one night per week schedule provides that for me and my guild.

The LFR simply provides me with an alternative to spamming heroics when I find myself bored. Now I can snap into a beer and kick back for a chance at some free epics, which is exactly what I need sometimes after a long day.

Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue

LFM FL PST 7/7 or no invite

LFM Rag kill must be 7/7 or no invite

LFM for a new progression guild. Must be 7/7. Also LF casuals to help level

Yup, i won't miss seeing that. i still will, but at least now it won't make me sick to my stomach. now i can go do the LFR and raid to my hearts content.

Players like you seriously just make me laugh.

You get in a tissy fit because raid leaders put a restriction on THEIR raid group when the answer to this issue is right in front of you. Just make your own raid. Boom. There you go. Issue solved.

You come to forums flailing your arms and crying about the "elitists" who won't let you into THEIR raids, but I guess making your own group is just too darn hard amirite?

Meh, I just add those peeps to my ignore list so they don't pollute my chat screen.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
You haven't done a single raid on your mage, priest or warrior.

I am sure your guild will figure out a way to go on without you.
I believe you missed her point.

Her guild is JUST STARTING RAIDS. She just happens to be skilled So her not raiding with them may suck a little. Not sure why she told us this, but your reaction is very telling.

Why do you judge skill via raid progression?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/08/2011 01:56 AMPosted by Milsa

If you have skill you can progress in raids.

If you do not have skill, you wipe on bosses and therefore have no progression.

Were you being serious with your question?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I see many others have commented on this post. My thoughts...

1. Will not teach people how to raid,
2. Will not teach people mechanics,
3. Will not teach people how to gem, gear or use their abilities,
4. Does not encourage them to join a guild,
5. Does not assist them in being attractive to guilds looking for members.

Oh, it DOES teach them how to raid. That is, after all, what it is -- a raid. That's when a group bigger than 5 gets together to kill a boss. Pretty sure that's what it does. It doesn't teach them mechanics -- neither does a normal mode raid, or a heroic mode raid. That's what research is for. It doesn't teach them to gem or use their abilities -- neither does a normal or heroic mode raid. That's what research is for. It doesn't encourage them to join a guild. That one really stands out to me. There are 40 pages of people here who your treasured guilds DID NOT WANT. NOW you're complaining that the LFR bypasses your little special group? I find that amusing. And finally, it doesn't assist them in 'being attractive to guilds'. Maybe they don't need to try -- your beloved guilds ARE NOT the arbiters of who can and can not see a raid anymore. You've gone the way of the dodo.

What it does is;

1. Give you instant gratification cause you saw a boss,
2. Get loot.
3. Fun

Fun?!? Oh dear god, how could they?! :sarcasm:

What you and eveyone else having fun in this LFR cannot see, because it is all shiny and new and fun is that it is ENCOURAGING PEOPLE TO NOT BE IN A GUILD and more than that DOES NOT PROVIDE A PATH FOR PEOPLE USING IT TO GET INTO A GUILD IF THEY WANT TO PROGRESS.

Encouraging people not to be in a guild? Oh I'll bet your kind doesn't like THAT one bit. But falling back to the excuse of 'not providing a path' is, while a good attempt, laughable. If you wouldn't take them BEFORE LFR...what in god's green earth is supposed to convince us you'd take them afterwards? As a former BC raider myself who got a real nice look into the ugly world of your 'progression guilds'...thank you Blizzard for providing this opportunity for people who DESERVE a chance to down bosses on their own time.

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
This is a load of baloney.

I have been running three to four pugs raids a week across this toon and my alts since T11. Not once, literally not one single time in the entire span of god knows HOW many raids I have I led, have I ever had anyone ask me to link MY achievement when I spam in trade chat for a healer, tank or DPS.

You have only killed handful of T11 bosses ONCE so yeah..

So because something happens with me on my realm and not you on yours I am lying?

i may disagree with you but i won't call you a liar just because I disagree. And I have only done those raids once each because once was the experiment and the other I linked Under-achiever (for BWD). We got the achieve that run too so I don't think that it being my first time there really hurt anything.

Also, Wouldn't me raiding a lot kinda undermine my argument about not being able to raid because of lack of achieve? think about it.

Me- OMG I wish could raid but people require achives.
you- Erm bro. You are 12/12, and 7/7 with many kills. Why are you mad.
Me- because I can't raid due to lack of achieves.
You- This guy is nuts.

So yeah. My lack of kills doesn't really hurt my point any.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I agree with the OP completely!
I've been playing WoW since patch 1.7 and have never seen an end-expansion boss. This time tomorrow however I'll be pewpewing Deathwing and I have LFR to thank for it. I don't care that its "dumbed-down" I'm just stoked that with my availability I can finally do this!
I'll also say that patch 4.3 has been the most fun *I've* ever had in this game: LFR, new 5-mans, Trans-mog, new DMF... all pure win (except Treachery's Bite is a myth, A MYTH I TELLS YA!! /cry)
Thanks Blizz!!! =)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Oh, it DOES teach them how to raid. That is, after all, what it is -- a raid. That's when a group bigger than 5 gets together to kill a boss. Pretty sure that's what it does

No, it teaches them that they can just stand there, stand in fire, potentially die and still collect loot. That isn't raiding, that is a loot pinata.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/08/2011 02:02 AMPosted by Milsa
Also, Wouldn't me raiding a lot kinda undermine my argument about not being able to raid because of lack of achieve? think about it.

So you agree that you haven't tried then?

If you had tried and made raids, which you said you did by faking with Underachiever, you should have a slew of kills under your belt right?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
If you're a hardcore raider, do it on normal or heroic. If you're not, use the raid finder.

There's no need to whine about it, because the fact is that hard core raiding will be exactly the same as it was before.

If you truly care that people can do the content on an easier mode and get to see it, and that annoys you to the point of whinging about it on the forums, then you're not a very nice person. You do the heroics for the prestige. People doing things which aren't heroic for non-heroic gear and non-heroic achievements are NOT devaluing what you get from doing a heroic. If you feel like they do, then you're doing the heroics for the wrong reasons, and you're some kind of elitist prick who thinks only the best of the best should even be allowed to log in.

Honestly though, the LFR is a joke. Pretty much stand there and dps a fight. No thought, no real strategy, gear, or knowledge of your class to do it. Just Q up and blizzard hands you loot with no real effort on your part (aside from having to mash your head against the keyboard).

Maybe for dps, true. Healing them isn't so easy, because half the healers are afk or dpsing, and then you get the people who don't know the mechanics, and you have to keep them all alive =P

There's no shortage of wipes in the LFR. It might be easy content, but thats because most groups are going to be 10% decent players, 10% afk noobs, 10% noob noobs, 10% people in PvP gear, and 60% average people who probably haven't done a raid before in their life.

Its easy content, designed for players who aren't as good at raiding. Like how heroic content is designed for players who *are* good at raiding.

You play the content aimed at you, and so will everyone else. In fact, the heroic raiders get the good end of the deal, since they now have another opportunity to get tier items every week =P
Edited by Ravelie on 12/8/2011 2:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
If you have skill you can progress in raids.

If you do not have skill, you wipe on bosses and therefore have no progression.

Yes, I can do 30K DPs in this setup and i help heal when needed and i take little damage.

I play very well IMO but you will never belive that because i have no raid progression. i have done FL trash with many raiders and well as BH and my 2 T-11 raids. i do VERY well compared to them.

But that doesn't matter because to you progression = skill. And you wonder why the LFR was needed?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
So you agree that you haven't tried then?

If you had tried and made raids, which you said you did by faking with Underachiever, you should have a slew of kills under your belt right?
Lol. Way to put word in my mouth. i have bro.

I am just tired of being shot down. i even wasted 75 bucks on server transfers as well as putting together my own raiding guild.

You ever try getting raiders when your RL toon has 0 progression? I bet not.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/08/2011 02:06 AMPosted by Milsa
I play very well IMO but you will never belive that because i have no raid progression. i have done FL trash with many raiders and well as BH and my 2 T-11 raids. i do VERY well compared to them.

And I can say that I am the Queen of England and can solo heal Heroic Rag.

If you are good, you can find raid or make your own and get the progression. If you can't get a raid, you make your own. If you won't make your own, that is your own fault.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
While I do enjoy the Raid finder for alts (and capping VP for my main during the week since I raid on the weekends) there are definitely some kinks that need to be fixed. For instance, a ret paladin rolling need on an Agility 2-H weapon and winning over Feral Druids and Hunters. Mages winning spirit items over healers, and capable spirit-to-hit DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You ever try getting raiders when your RL toon has 0 progression? I bet not.

You can't find 9 other newer players who want to raid? You can't run a few raids to get the progression to app to a raiding guild? In all of WoW, on the 100s of pages in the guild recruitment forums, you can't find anyway to get a raiding guild?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
IMO lFR is awesome, i find it very fun and i love how i can finally do an entire raid with my limited schedule. I think Blizz has done a great job here =)

except Treachery's Bite is a myth, A MYTH I TELLS YA!! /cry

Feast your eyes! Its real!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
12/08/2011 02:03 AMPosted by Arianenna
Oh, it DOES teach them how to raid. That is, after all, what it is -- a raid. That's when a group bigger than 5 gets together to kill a boss. Pretty sure that's what it does

No, it teaches them that they can just stand there, stand in fire, potentially die and still collect loot. That isn't raiding, that is a loot pinata.

I don't know what raid groups YOU'VE been in, but it's been quite common for at LEAST the five years -I've- been playing for anyone to roll on loot whether they died or not. Which means yes, if they stood in the pool on Putricide, or ran into the pipe slime of Festergut, or forgot to change sides on Hydrox, or ran late when they were the bomb on Solarian, or caused the death of a healer by forgetting to grab the Big Spike on Naj'entus, or moved in the Flame Wreath on Aran and died, they still got a chance to roll for loot. Oddly enough, we still called it raiding.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
12/08/2011 01:59 AMPosted by Arianenna

If you have good luck and get into a good raiding guild you can progress in raids.

If you aren't that lucky, you wipe on bosses and therefore have no progression.

\

Hey, I fixed that for you.

No raider is an island.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]