I will never go back to normal raiding again.

90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't know what raid groups YOU'VE been in, but it's been quite common for at LEAST the five years -I've- been playing for anyone to roll on loot whether they died or not. Which means yes, if they stood in the pool on Putricide, or ran into the pipe slime of Festergut, or forgot to change sides on Hydrox, or ran late when they were the bomb on Solarian, or caused the death of a healer by forgetting to grab the Big Spike on Naj'entus, or moved in the Flame Wreath on Aran and died, they still got a chance to roll for loot. Oddly enough, we still called it raiding.

Those people who died to stupid were either called out for being stupid, had DKP docked, subbed out, etc.

LFR is a fun way to kill time and grab some quick loot, but it in no way teaches people how to raid. It is just a glorified heroic dungeon.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
12/08/2011 02:12 AMPosted by Arianenna
You can't find 9 other newer players who want to raid? You can't run a few raids to get the progression to app to a raiding guild? In all of WoW, on the 100s of pages in the guild recruitment forums, you can't find anyway to get a raiding guild?

Mad

Lol. Way to put word in my mouth. i have bro.

I am just tired of being shot down. i even wasted 75 bucks on server transfers as well as putting together my own raiding guild.

You ever try getting raiders when your RL toon has 0 progression? I bet not.

Mad

I don't know what raid groups YOU'VE been in, but it's been quite common for at LEAST the five years -I've- been playing for anyone to roll on loot whether they died or not. Which means yes, if they stood in the pool on Putricide, or ran into the pipe slime of Festergut, or forgot to change sides on Hydrox, or ran late when they were the bomb on Solarian, or caused the death of a healer by forgetting to grab the Big Spike on Naj'entus, or moved in the Flame Wreath on Aran and died, they still got a chance to roll for loot. Oddly enough, we still called it raiding.

Mad
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
You ever try getting raiders when your RL toon has 0 progression? I bet not.

You can't find 9 other newer players who want to raid? You can't run a few raids to get the progression to app to a raiding guild? In all of WoW, on the 100s of pages in the guild recruitment forums, you can't find anyway to get a raiding guild?

Oh I LOVE this one. When people ask how to 'find a guild', they're often told that it takes several weeks or months to know if a guild is the 'right fit'. But if you're talking about being able to raid, why, there's just millions of guilds waiting for you and you alone, and it only costs real money every time you want to HOPE that they aren't feeding you a line of BS about what's available.

That's like joining every guild that advertises they're a 'mature guild' in the Guild Recruitment Channel and actually expecting to -find- one.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
And I can say that I am the Queen of England and can solo heal Heroic Rag.

If you are good, you can find raid or make your own and get the progression. If you can't get a raid, you make your own. If you won't make your own, that is your own fault.

I never said it wasn't. in truth, if I reached level 85 back in January I wouldn't be in this mess. So, in a way, it is my fault. Sadly for me I started playing in January so by the time I hit 85 it was too late.

The train of link achieve had started. if I had known i may have skipped WoW entirely till MoP.

And thanks for proving my point. i was doing 20K+ DPS for a while now. Even before I had full 359 I could do that. here is a pic

http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x470/Milsa0911/?action=view&current=WoWScrnShot_103011_170633.jpg

I was even wearing the 316 shoulders and this is without heroism.

I wish i could show you a 30K shot but my comp with that pic is gone and I never uploaded it.

But hey, I still suck because i have no progression right?

That mentality is the sole reason i cannot break into raiding.
you know as well as I do that they want raiders as progressed as they are. pugs don't want you unless you are progressed as well.
Edited by Milsa on 12/8/2011 2:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/08/2011 02:15 AMPosted by Shanndi
But if you're talking about being able to raid, why, there's just millions of guilds waiting for you and you alone

If you are looking for a guild to find a cozy home where you make friends, then yes, it can take time and some guild hopping to find the right fit.

If your main goal is to nerd dragons to death, then yes, there are a ton of guilds just aching to fill those last few raid spots.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
12/08/2011 02:15 AMPosted by Arianenna

Those people who died to stupid were either called out for being stupid, had DKP docked, subbed out, etc.

LFR is a fun way to kill time and grab some quick loot, but it in no way teaches people how to raid. It is just a glorified heroic dungeon.

Nice environment ya got there. Your cat jumped on your keyboard, now you're locked out of loot for the forseeable future until that other resto drood who had 100 dkp more than you spends it. Didn't know I was talking to a machine. If that's what you're suggesting NEEDS to be taught to a new generation of players, well...we won't shed any tears for you as your kind fades into obscurity.

Which incidentally brings me to another 'funny' thing about raid guilds...how it's always something 'stupid' until it's a primary raid member who had something happen 'beyond their control', THEN it's understandable. If it was a sub, though, they need to be PUNISHED. It reminds me of all those Republicans who hate social programs of any kind, including Social Security, UNTIL they need Social Security -- at which point, hey, THEY deserved it, it was the OTHER guys who were stupid and abusing the system...
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Warlock

This is pretty much the way i feel as well. I understand why LFR is in the game, and i can see the side of players who would be using it the most. However i put so much of my IRL time into this game and some casual who dosent care can go in there and clear it in 40mins. kinda makes me goo hmmmm... they claim its because they "just want to see the content." but in the back of their minds we all its really about getting gear that they would otherwise never get.

I've put more of my life into this game than you probably. Many casuals spend a ton of time in this game but don't have a large block of hours to put towards building and maintaining a guild raid group.

And BTW, I don't think it's a good idea to read the minds of casuals. After all, how do you know what we think? I care about my gear as much as the next person, if not more. I was first in my guild at the start of Cata who got the Cataclysmically Epic achievement. And that was without stepping foot in a single raid.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
12/07/2011 05:14 AMPosted by Sumaki
I'm not on a high horse. Its my opinion. Making the game easier only lets bad players continue to be bad. Causing the slow destruction of the game.

If its for bad players, why are you using the LFR tool, since you consider yourself so elite. Odd IMO
Edited by Sweettpickle on 12/8/2011 2:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/08/2011 02:18 AMPosted by Milsa
But hey, I still suck because i have no progression right?

20k =! 30k

Did I say that one "sucks" if you don't have progression? If you hadn't relied on others to take you into a raid or wave the "you elitist raider" flag when you couldn't get a spot in a pug, you would have bosses dead. The fault does not lie in the "elitist raiders", the fault lies with you and not taking the time nor the effort to get said progression.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
20k =! 30k

Did I say that one "sucks" if you don't have progression? If you hadn't relied on others to take you into a raid or wave the "you elitist raider" flag when you couldn't get a spot in a pug, you would have bosses dead. The fault does not lie in the "elitist raiders", the fault lies with you and not taking the time nor the effort to get said progression.
how can i progress solo?

What more can i do than gem, reforge and enchant properly and apply for spots?

is there some super secret way that i can get 7/7 or 8/8 I do not know?

And yeah, I'm sure 20K isn't 30K, But 20K is still better than a lot of 7/7 raiders i know.Whatever. i have the LFR now.

I'm happy. can raid now and maybe carry some groups. Stick in your world and I'll stick to mine. this conversation is going nowhere.
Edited by Milsa on 12/8/2011 2:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/08/2011 01:04 AMPosted by Teranoid
Gating is horrible and beyond retarded especially when you consider the fact ICC was gated and was then dragged out for an entire year. It's horrible design and I think if Blizzard took anything away from Wrath it was that a majority of us hated it and it should never be used again.

Right because you speak for the majority and have facts to back up saying that the majority of players felt that gating is a horrible design? Also ICC was not dragged out to an entire year because of gating. ICC was the final tier raid of the expansion. Had cata launched six months later with no change to the gating schedule of ICC than ICC would have lasted a year and a half.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/08/2011 02:24 AMPosted by Milsa
how can i progress solo?

/2 LFM *insert raid name* Need *whatever class/spec you need* PST!

There you go. That is what I do three times a week, pretty much every week and people have been getting Rag kills and Defender titles in my groups for months.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
My one and only problem with Looking for Raid is when people cannot even make the bare minimum requirements for what would have even gotten them into T11, all while wearing 372 gear. Today i saw a restoration Druid doing 7.5k HPS on Ultraxion, meanwhile a mage, who actually won the tier helm i was praying to god for pulled a meager 11.2K dps. now i know loot is come and go, but frankly, if that is all you are able to do you don't need to be in LFR, you need to be in dungeons, i almost want to say there needs to be a benchmark for loot roles, however we all know this will never happen.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Oh I LOVE this one. When people ask how to 'find a guild', they're often told that it takes several weeks or months to know if a guild is the 'right fit'. But if you're talking about being able to raid, why, there's just millions of guilds waiting for you and you alone, and it only costs real money every time you want to HOPE that they aren't feeding you a line of BS about what's available.

That's like joining every guild that advertises they're a 'mature guild' in the Guild Recruitment Channel and actually expecting to -find- one.
IKR?

lol

I personally wasted some cash on this. i was desperate. It turned out that two of them didn't raid at all. And the other was my guild that I tried to form. So I'm pretty much done with that scene. i welcome the LFR.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin

There you go. That is what I do three times a week, pretty much every week and people have been getting Rag kills and Defender titles in my groups for months.
i explained that already. i refer you to my earlier post where you called me a liar.

I'm not going in a circle with you. you have your opinions, i have mine.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/07/2011 05:24 AMPosted by Wildhuntress
It's not BAD players, it's time constraint players that mostly like LFR. Get over yourself!

And what about skilled players who are time constrained, do they go off to find another game? Is LFR really made for those who are time constrained or just new players and those who dont want to put in effort and team work in group based content?

I enjoy raids being split up into bite sized pieces as long as it means something at the normal raid difficulty. Blizzard has talked about liking the idea of split up winged raids like SM yet toss it to the side because it just doesnt feel right. Than they create this gutted content mode and only split up that mode. Why cant the other modes be split?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

i explained that already. i refer you to my earlier post where you called me a liar.

I'm not going in a circle with you. you have your opinions, i have mine.

I did not call you a liar but looking at your kills you obviously only did the trade chat method twice at most. If you really wanted to raid, you would have put the time and energy into doing it. Period.
Edited by Arianenna on 12/8/2011 2:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
26 Goblin Mage
I know all you who don't have decent guilds and don't take this game seriously will disagree, but really think about it. Just imagine in your real life you work hard to achieve something all for others to simply get it handed to them.

The only thing us hardcore raiders have now is the sense of achievement of downing the harder content.

You make some pretty terrible assumptions here -

#1 - The OP is obviously serious about this game, just not about raiding.
#2 - In "real life" what you said exactly happens. People get ahead without working hard. People cheat on tests at school. People know others that hire them into cushy jobs. THAT'S LIFE.
#3 - And guess what? As time goes on IN REAL LIFE, things get EASIER. 70 years ago, you had to worry about Polio. Now? Not so much. 150 years ago, you had to worry about transportation. Now? Take your car. 300 years ago, you had to worry about CLEAN DRINKING WATER. Now? It comes out of your faucet.
#4 - The only thing hardcore raiders had was a sense of accomplishment. Your gear will be outdated in 4 months and replaced. What's left? Your sense of accomplishment. If that's not enough, maybe it's you that are playing the wrong game.

LFR maybe a different level of content, but if it's not for you, don't knock it. Have some humility, and respect other people. This LFR system rejuvenated the OP's fervor for WoW, you should revel in that, not simply put him down because he doesn't "raid" like you do.
Edited by Korrah on 12/8/2011 2:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I really do love the new raid finding system, Its another way to progress a character closer to a "raid ready" level, on top of that, its nice to actually fight bosses that you really get a chance to sink your teeth into.

There are a few kinks that are irksome, I for one hate the fact that tanks get priority on all the tokens, im sure some of the hybrid ranged melee classes feel the same about healers. Frankly, i understand the logic behind building the system this way, but at the same time, when you crank out a respectable amount of dps, but lose your token to some kid who's tanking and has, ethier wiped the raid, or had to be brezed multiple times, every fight up till the end, you get a little annoyed. I can see were as a healer, you can get away with far worse, that is, letting all the other healers contribute your weight as you semi-afk, semi-heal.

However, these things will smooth over in time, I think just being put in a raid style environment will give some of the new players an idea of the scope of a 25m raid and what goes into successfully completing them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]