I will never go back to normal raiding again.

91 Troll Shaman

Hopefully they can bring back some BC and Vanilla raids into this as well.

Vanilla raids can be soloed, and almost anything up to WotLK can be stomped in a 5-man.

It would be nice to be able to queue up for a nostalgia run, but if it has to fill up to 25 people, there's not much point. You won't even be able to get more than a few spells off before the boss is dead.

They might be hoping its added for lower level toons to do level appropriate raid from LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I just have to add that I love the LFR! While I am a part of a normal progression guild, I hate almost everything about putting a raid together. Schedules, grinding, politics, are all pieces of the game that shouldn't ever exist. It's a game, and I think LFR will allieviate that. Also, I am a new player and wasn't ever able to raid anything prior to cata raids when they were level appropriate. It would be absolutely fantastic if you were able to include previous raids into the LFR. I know many are thinking you can solo them now, but where is the fun in that? Why not put an item level inhibitor for those older raids like on the PTR when our ilvl was reduced to 353 for testing? I'd love to be able to queue for MC with 40 other boneheads with my stats reduced. In fact you should place this inhibitor on the older raids now, so that people can't farm mats for gold. All of the gear would be valued again as it would be more of a challenge to get it, inflation in the AH would be severly curbed, and instead of a bunch of meaningless instances everywhere, every one of them would be it's own challenge all over again. Seriously, you should consider this.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Well, I guess she has no advice for me. Luckily, I still have the LFR.
Reply Quote
91 Troll Shaman
I could take you elitist raiders complaining about LFR tool a little more serious if you didn't use it also. lol

(kinda ironic)

If 10-man loot distribution wasn't so absolutely awful, we wouldn't have to go into LFR for tier and trinkets.

So it is useful, but yet you complain about it. odd

I could take you elitist raiders complaining about LFR tool a little more serious if you didn't use it also. lol

(kinda ironic)

so i am elitist because i think someone in 372 gear should be able to do more than 5-7k HPS, 15K dps and actually hold threat? no my friend, that is called knowing your class/spec and performing to the bare minimum of acceptable standards for your gear level.

Then stay out of LFR and go back to your normal and heroic version, if its so bad.
Reply Quote
LFR deathwing wasnt avalible till this week learn your facts 1st dude its the 2nd week btw
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

If 10-man loot distribution wasn't so absolutely awful, we wouldn't have to go into LFR for tier and trinkets.

So it is useful, but yet you complain about it. odd

so i am elitist because i think someone in 372 gear should be able to do more than 5-7k HPS, 15K dps and actually hold threat? no my friend, that is called knowing your class/spec and performing to the bare minimum of acceptable standards for your gear level.

Then stay out of LFR and go back to your normal and heroic version, if its so bad.

your right, why am i arguing with someone who can't even gem and enchant his gear properly.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I agree as well.. I love the LFR feature. I get to raid again and I'm loving it. No more schedule.. I can log on and play .. One of the best patches ever. Got me playing again. Just adjust the bonus rolls for LFR loot. Don't like seeing the dk take the agility trinket that should have gone to one of us rogues.. :-)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
12/08/2011 03:16 AMPosted by Instìnctz
your right, why am i arguing with someone who can't even gem and enchant his gear properly.
Because he makes sense and uses relevant points to argue his stance.

That is why :P
Reply Quote
58 Dwarf Death Knight
I raided with a semi-serious progression in Wrath up till Argent Tournament - then the semi- serious guild suddenly became serious with all the crap that entails...locked in schedules, loot councils etc...so i quit and enjoyed raiding ICC in weekly PUGS where i finished 10/12...

Cata came around and the great shafting of the casuals happened and like many other's i un-subbed about 2 months in.....I have come back just about a week before 4.3 hit and I think the LFR is the most awesome feature ever implemented in any MMO.....pity it took nearly 2 million lost subs for Blizz to finally realize who the 'core' audience truly is.

I can guarantee that 4.3 and the LFR is going to bring a lot of players back - the butt hurt so called 'elitists' who define their self worth by achievements in an MMO can whine as much as they want.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/08/2011 03:18 AMPosted by Milsa
Because he makes sense and uses relevant points to argue his stance.

That is why :P

and it doesn't make sense to actually require people to know something before handing them there loot?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
I LOVE YOU BLIZZARD, THANK YOU FOR LFR!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
12/08/2011 03:21 AMPosted by Instìnctz
and it doesn't make sense to actually require people to know something before handing them there loot?

It depends what the intent is.

For fun? You may want to skip the exam.

For progression? Definitely. but the majority in the LFR are not into progression.

Why do so many people have a problem with others having fun? It's mind boggling. More people having fun= more people playing the MMO you love and that means more normal/heroic content for you.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I'm glad people are enjoying LFR, even if I'll personally never use it beyond an extra loot chest.

Hopefully now that the "see the content" crowd (I don't mean that in any derogatory sense at all) has their own model, I'm wondering if that means we can't see Normal modes return to something closer to Black Temple in difficulty. Not tremendously difficult, but something you still spend a few weeks/months clearing in a neither-hardcore-nor-casual raid. Thus leaving Heroics for those that truly wish to push themselves rather than making them the main event to Normal mode's warm-up. Not that I don't mind challenge: it's just getting tiresome relearning fights for it and it just makes Normal modes feel like a chore/grind.

I was worried that LFR might cheapen the thrill of finally getting to an final or penultimate boss. It's not a big issue with Dragon Soul since Normal modes are going so quickly, but if LFR is gated in the future I don't think I'll have cause for concern.

Also, I'm curious as to whether we'll see "Normal only" raid bosses in the future, comparable to "Heroic only" bosses such as Algalon and Sinestra.

EDIT: Normal-minimum is probably more accurate to what I'm saying, but it just doesn't have that zazz
Edited by Odok on 12/8/2011 3:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
12/07/2011 06:10 PMPosted by Luph
Having three separate difficulties, however, does require much more development time for each raid.

Does this mean you're introducing a third difficulty setting at the expense of content development? What does this mean for future raid content?

I really think that downscaling the content for looking for raid is just going to dilute the experience of raiding and simply using normal mode with the tool would have been a better implementation.

There were three levels of difficulty in WotLK, and three levels of gear. 10n, 10H/25N/and 25H.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I love LFR tool.. thanks to it I have completed my first raid of this expansion. I used to just wait until it was old to see it without having to go through all the bs that comes with hardcore raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
The LFR to me feels an awful lot like FINALLY hitting a home run, smacking a baseball over the wall... then realizing that a wizard magically moved the wall 200ft closer to home plate..

It damped the achievement considerably for me.
Edited by Spliced on 12/8/2011 3:41 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]