I will never go back to normal raiding again.

90 Night Elf Druid
My impression so far from RF is being a team player is putting into much effort. How is not having to work together as a team in team based content fun? Feeling the need to stoop to the level of a leecher and practically run around with my head chopped off just does not make for fun gameplay for me.

Ive been doing PuGs in Cata on all three on my toons, its fun as long as players are there to be team players and not leechers. I didnt raid every week or on every toon, yet I was fine with it. Though now from the viewpoint of wanting to see the content, Ill have seen it all in two weeks and what drive is there to keep going after facerolling over content? Should I put in the effort and jump into a normal raid and actually learn how these fights work or just turn off my brain while durping over RF and collecting loot or just quit and maybe jump back in for MOP.

I live in Hawaii and finding guilds to raid with has been quite limited, let alone one with competent team players. For me though its worth the effort I put in for the experience I get playing together cooperatively together as a team. The most rewarding experiences I have had in WoW are those fights that bring your raid team together.
Edited by Noctemtenchi on 12/7/2011 12:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
I too, have decided I really like LFR. I'm west coast stuck on a server where almost all raids start before I can log on in the evening. I had no trouble PUGing my alts in Wrath times - but for whatever reason (I suspect the guild rewards system of being primary culprit) that has changed in Cataclysm. I got in on a few trash runs for FL, and a couple boss kills mostly because some folks were desperate for a competent tank but that was it. Now in LFR I'm seeing the content - downed Deathwing yesterday on a complete PUG. Plus it goes a lot faster and I don't have to sit in Stormwind while I wait.

I still want to get in on regulars and eventually heroics. But now I don't have to sit in Stormwind and wait and hope someone has an opening. Yeah the gear isn't as good and you don't get titles and achieves. I learn the fights and get good enough gear that nobody rational is going to refuse me a spot based on either. Yeah, regulars and heroics are harder - that's expected. That's necessary. It's even a fresh level of challenge.

There's been a lot wrong with WoW lately. But LFR is something that Blizzard has done right.

I'm not claiming it's perfect. I even have suggestions for improvement: Add in an option for regular difficulty once you've cleared content on basic LFR (and for heroic once you've done regular). Allow guild runs to PUG from LFR if they so choose (although the LFR folks should have a PUG only option).

But I have to tell Blizzard "well done" on LFR, and thank them for sticking to their guns about rolling it out in the face of heavy criticism
Reply Quote
24 Night Elf Priest
Just wait. The players of this game can ruin anything. And that includes the LFR the OP is so high on. Just give it time.

That's not me being negative. Just realistic. Don't believe me? Look what happened to the LFG tool.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
12/07/2011 03:54 AMPosted by Tweak
My only complaint is that it wasn't backward compatible to the old Cataclysm raids... which I still have yet to see. A slight dissapointment... but oh well. Guess I'll have to see these later... once I've outleveled the content, just as I did so many others in the past.

In your gear? You DO outlevel them. T11 at least would be really easy.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Too much positivity for one thread.

I don't like it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I agree with OP, I finally was able to finish the DS raid on my own progression today. I was so happy to finally kill Deathwing after so many wipes on previous bosses in LFR. I love LFR since you dont need to be committed to a schedule, fight for a raid spot, be forced to meet certain requirements, and etc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Couldn't agree with the OP more. I am in love with this style of raiding and don't see myself going back to preorganized raiding teams. This is like the way raiding should be now, easy, quick, painless, with minimal effort on the players part. I noticed during wipes, different people would throw out different tips, we were working as a team, even though we all came from different guilds and servers. That was a really awesome thing to see happening. Eventually, after hard work, we got Deathwing down and to see the cutscene and my hard work paid off was awesome.

Like you said, in a normal raid, there would be guild politics, schedule constraints, etc to fuss over, instead, this experience was very swift and accomodating. WELL DONE BLIZZ! HOPE YOU GUYS EVENTUALLY UTILIZE THIS FEATURE FOR YOUR OLD RAIDS AS WELL!
Edited by Draco on 12/7/2011 12:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
WIN
Tweak, you painted a perfect picture of me. I'm with you 100%. I'm going to attempt to take it a step farther and give it a go in normal mode. Thanks Blizz!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
LFR is like epic boring. lol
Reply Quote
73 Worgen Warrior
12/07/2011 03:54 AMPosted by Tweak
killed an expansion's final boss within the life of that expansion. Within his first week of life no less

goes to show how long lasting and meaningful the content is.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is why I like the new LFR system. It lets a bunch of regular doods go stomp the content on easy mode so Blizzard doesn't have to make the Normal mode a total snore-fest.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Warrior
I couldn't agree more, this is why 4.3 and the new xpac made me re-sub.

AWESOME!
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
I have enjoyed the LFR for the most part. You can join it fast and whenever you want, the ppl are competent for the most part and even though I found it very hard, it's doable. I hate the loot roll thing, which I think needs to be fixed but I dare say it's a little fun.

Had a funny thing happen earlier today when I went on my shaman healer. A dps who's trying to lead the raid links his dps meter after another wipe and... (not to include names)

says, "kick x, y and z because they're dps sucks"

a quick reply came forth, "we are healers *****".

I giggled at the healer who wrote that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Hopefully they can bring back some BC and Vanilla raids into this as well.

Vanilla raids can be soloed, and almost anything up to WotLK can be stomped in a 5-man.

It would be nice to be able to queue up for a nostalgia run, but if it has to fill up to 25 people, there's not much point. You won't even be able to get more than a few spells off before the boss is dead.

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
My only complaint is that it wasn't backward compatible to the old Cataclysm raids... which I still have yet to see. A slight disappointment... but oh well. Guess I'll have to see these later... once I've out leveled the content, just as I did so many others in the past.

Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
As a more hardcore (not "cutting edge", but middle of the road) raider LFR is kind of frustrating because it is teaching people that it's ok to ignore mechanics which really bites you in the !@# on the tougher fights, and I don't really get a sense of accomplishment out of LFR. Probably for the same reasons other people in this thread enjoy it:
This is like the way raiding should be now, easy, quick, painless, with minimal effort on the players part.

That said, I think the LFR tool is a positive thing in a lot of ways and I'm glad folks like you are getting to enjoy the content because of it. Different strokes for different folks.
Edited by Soulfrost on 12/7/2011 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just wait. The players of this game can ruin anything. And that includes the LFR the OP is so high on. Just give it time.

That's not me being negative. Just realistic. Don't believe me? Look what happened to the LFG tool.

Ive already seen groups of players who bail out at the same time mid fight at an attempt to wipe the raid. Than there is the all so many players who also grief by purposefully pulling the boss when half the raid is not there and then bailing group. Too bad reporting these players at most results in a slap on the wrist which further encourages players to participate in such griefing.

12/07/2011 12:31 PMPosted by Draco
This is like the way raiding should be now, easy, quick, painless, with minimal effort on the players part.

At what point does a player stop playing the game? Some of the boss mechanics are automatically being handled for players, is this what you find fun to play a game of which you really are not playing and just sitting back and watching a movie and being given rewards for such?

Its like if netflix gave you achievements and awards to customize your character based on how much movies you watch.
Edited by Noctemtenchi on 12/7/2011 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Glad it's worked out well for so many people, I'm pleased with it myself. Serves many good purposes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]