I will never go back to normal raiding again.

90 Human Priest
Great post, well said. I've actually considered raiding too after hearing the great feedback from the LFR tool.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
lfr is always filled with a significant amount of people that have absolutely no clue what they are doing. ive seen lfr's fail to down morchok...

the mentality of some of the people who join lfr is askew. some people that queue as healers switch to dps and some people just dont do a thing.

may i also say that you have entitled this post stating that you will never go back to normal raids again, but your hunter has not stepped foot into any normal raid since cataclysm except for bh. if you havent made the attempt, dont shoot it down.

lfr is a complete mess the majority of the time and should not be anyone's main source of raiding. its a joke.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I never got to raid much with this guy, at all, now I can up my gear and get to see the whole world....

...of Warcraft! ^_^

Much love to the OP!

Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
lfr is always filled with a significant amount of people that have absolutely no clue what they are doing. ive seen lfr's fail to down morchok...

the mentality of some of the people who join lfr is askew. some people that queue as healers switch to dps and some people just dont do a thing.

may i also say that you have entitled this post stating that you will never go back to normal raids again, but your hunter has not stepped foot into any normal raid since cataclysm except for bh. if you havent made the attempt, dont shoot it down.

lfr is a complete mess the majority of the time and should not be anyone's main source of raiding. its a joke.

I think you missed the entire point of the OP.

This game has never been about the loot or the prestige for me. I've always just wanted to SEE the content. I want to SEE the characters. The cutscenes. The story. I want to meet them, talk to them, kill them. Whatever. Just wanted to do it. Loot was always just a means to that end for me. I wanted to see how the world of warcraft unfolded... in its entirity. FIRST hand. Without watching videos second hand on youtube, or reading about things on WoWWiki...

That said... LFR takes everything I've ever hated about raiding and makes it go poof. No more guild politics and BS. No more people yelling in vent. No practicing and grinding for months and months only to wipe and wipe and never even get to see that final boss. No more obligations. No more schedules. No more cares! I AM FREE! From here on out, I can kill EVERYTHING and owe NOTHING TO ANYONE! HOORAY!

From vanilla to cata certain things about the raiding game never change, these things listed by the OP. Just because the OP hasn't raided in Cata does not mean they haven't raided in the past.
Edited by Wynters on 12/7/2011 2:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I hope that in the future they add 'all' of the raids int he game to the LFR.

I want to see Black Temple and C'thun.

*bats eyelashes*

Oh please blizzard I'd love to fight C'thun!

Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I use to be a hardcore raider before the patch and now I am glad I dont have to mess with my scedule and make time for raiding. It really is a huge pain when now you can see everything with the raid finder. Who cares about the normal mode if you have proven yourself and know you could do it anyway and you dont have people to hold you back.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I'd like LFR a lot more if I weren't forced in there for trinkets and 4 set >.<

Glad someone enjoys it though.

You aren't forced into anything.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Best Thing to happen to WoW, No More Nerfs, No more Dumb people standing in the fire.
Normals & Heriocs finally will be hard Hurray !!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I only had time to do the 1st half of DS in LFR this week and had no problems clearing it last week with only 2-3 wipes. I unfortunately got NO loot, but had fun defeating the bosses and yes... Seeing the content.

I raided in vanilla, was in an end game guild raiding AQ40 and Naxx 40 weekly and farming BWL. It was a 2nd job back then as you had to farm mats and contribute, you had to be at the instance on time and ready to go even if you didn't get in that night, you still ahd to be on stand by..... bleh. I quit Raiding 1/2 way through TBC with the switch to 25 man our core raid group split and it was downhill and the demise of the guild really.

In light of all that I am really impressed with the LFR tool, with the exception of loot. Blizzard needs to get rid of shared tokens, and just provide more drops IMO.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I've full cleared FL on a server where only 5 guilds have. My guild is 5/8 on normal DS, where no guild has cleared yet on the sever.

I had only the chance to down the 1 boss over the weekend though. I am not calling the normal mode bosses easy. Just the LFRG version. It just perpetuates bad players being bad players.

You cleared Rag on Dec 2nd, that is 5 days ago after 4.3 hit mind you. 12 Guilds have downed Rag on your server with 9 of said guilds with at least 1 heroic kill. Please don't try to act elitist with a mediocre skill set.

If I was a betting man I would wager that you didn't even play during Vanilla.
Edited by Festivaal on 12/7/2011 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
LFR is awesome. I always wanted to do raids, but I couldn't join trade chat groups because I lacked the achievements, and my gear was ~30 gearscore below what they wanted. I don't need to worry about meeting arbitrary trade chat requirements now, I can go join the raid and have fun. Ok, half the group derps their way through, but its good to feel like I'm actually contributing something by taking the time to research the fights beforehand.

It also saves on setup time. I don't want to wait hours for everyone to get ready to raid, when I'm set to go. I can just queue in and join whenever I like.

Its also great because there's no voice chat requirement. Raids tend to go on for a long time, and I don't want to keep everyone else in the house awake by making noise. Since nobody cares, I can either just listen to everyone else scream into my headphones, or type messages.

The only downside is that I'm used to 25 man groups, so its going to be hard doing it in 10 man trade chat groups. Assuming that I ever join one, I don't know if its worth putting up with them now that I have other options.
Edited by Ravelie on 12/7/2011 3:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Working as intended.
I can finally use that phrase to describe something good.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I agree with the OP. I really didn't like the 1 time I pugged a raid and the RL would yell all the time on vent...who needs that after a hard day of work? Not me. LFR is great. I can leave when I need to, if I need to and continue another time.

I hope they LFR all the cata raids!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I agree with the OP. I don't care much for the loot or being uber 1337. I do like the story of Warcraft and have always wanted to raid so I could se the story unfold. Now with the LFR tool I can. Good job Blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Well, here's the thing. You, yes I'm looking at you, have now seen the fights. You aren't going in blind. From LFR to normal mode all you need to do is maybe watch a guide video or read up on what's different between LFR and normal mode and then you, yes you, can start your own /2 pug for normal mode now, explain the differences and lead a group to glory. Heck, you could even turn things on their head and state you only want people who don't have the normal mode achievement.

You're right. Although I don't plan to ever lead a PUG or even any kind of group, I'm sure others will. I wouldn't mind joining one of those groups either if I didn't have a guild or if I cared to gear an alt. I rather wipe a few times for people to learn the fight than to overreact because a single person.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I'm a normal raider, just starting back up a month ago with it. And i have to Say. The Pugs minus our 8, went from trying to Blow by any thought prosess in to what to do, skip buy the mechanics and more or less not care how anything worked. To realizing that it didnt work, stop and asked for help, listened to the few of use who have cleared it on normal and had a very, very clean Kill. The Raid finder for most of the fights i find to be scaled nicely for ramdom players. Gun ship not having Twilight Sappers or the boot its self having the HP to take every hit may be alittle much. as well as Ping pong not having to play with the ball as much if at all. But something like Spine of DeathWing i fell is good. Even tho i fell ppl will still try to blow up the adds and never try to roll him. That may be a long time before it works. Or madness, Still a hard fight. Sure no were close to the normal but you still need all the dps you can get out of every player there.
But as a Whole with raid finder I like the challange of working with ranbom ppl, having the raid finder tool Quickly replacing ppl who leave, and leaving room for Erorr for ppl Who will never will grab the concept of following mechanics( has long as its only a few ppl)And still having usable loot. were got our new off tank alot of need loot. And every one had a good time, i think after 2 hours 90% of the raid was the same ppl that started the raid.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
While the OP is all sunshine and flowers, remember that the vast majority of the time, you'll get a group of rubbish players that can't follow directions and generally suck. It's no different than if you try healing dungeon pugs. Most of the time you get DPS that show no restraint or common sense, causing you nothing but grief as you leave in disgust.

Once in a great while, you get random luck of the draw where most of the group is comprised of decent players. That's no different than random pug dungeons. The OP got lucky. Most don't get that lucky. With that said, I'm not claiming LFR is a bad idea, just not all sunshine and flowers as the OP makes it out to be. It doesn't suddenly make bad players better. You're always going to have to deal with that if you don't guild up.

Reply Quote
The fights seem really easy to me, but I'm genuinely happy to see folks who never get to raid otherwise enjoying the content. My Mom plays and doesn't have the time or ability to raid and never will. I've warned her off of LFG because it made her quit once. But I wouldn't be worried about her taking part in LFR. My only request is that we have genuinely challenging hardmodes, and that normal maybe be tuned a bit higher. I really enjoy puzzling and working over a fight and I'm a little sad to see how simple the normal stuff is so far. Excited for hardmodes though. I think Blizz is moving in the best possible direction with it all and making the most of their playerbase's time.
Edited by Corvidia on 12/7/2011 3:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
Yes LFR is great i was so happy that i got to see this big bad deathwing and a chance to fight and kill him. I was also very happy that i got to avoid elitists and the scrutiny that is normal raiding. I play the game to relax and have fun.

Good work Blizz though i hope you open up more raids to be available in LFR!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]