What is a good level to start PVP?

81 Tauren Druid
I keep reading how someone without heirloom gear will get crushed if they start PVP when it is first available. What is a good level for those without heirloom gear to start?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
It doesn't really matter. No matter what level you start, you will face opponents that are more skilled and geared than you are.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Well in my opinion it has been alot easier to start pvping at level 10.

First hint, even at lower levels with pvp you can save up your honor points and convert them as you go along so you can get heirloom gear. You can also save them for regular honor gear as well.

You can get your first Medallion of the Horde between lvls 10 and 20 fairly easy in Org at the legacy vendor for about 55 honor points.

At Mor'shan Base Camp in Ashenvale go to the Warsong Camp and you can find Kelm Hargunth the Warsong Supply Officer who sells pvp gear for honor points starting around level 18.

At around level 20 you can go to Arathi Highlands to Hammerfall, go all the way to the back,straight from the flight path to the AB camp. Look for Rutherford Twing the Defiler Supply Officer.

For when you get to Alterac Valley near Hillsbrad Foothills you will want to look for Jekyll Flandring the Frostwolf Supply Officer which is usually about lvl 55 and up.

Once back in Org you can can also go to the Legacy Armor and Weapon dealers for lvl 60 to around if I recall through lvl 70's.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
start bg's at 15 and just keep going, get honor gear from respected bg's npc's at the respected places of the vanilla bg's . so warsong in ashenvalle, arathi in well arathi, av is north of the old south shore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Heirloom gear doesn't quite make as much a difference as a lot of people seem to think it does. If you put in a little time to do some dungeons for some gear, you're not much worse off than they are. I suggest going in around 20, when you have enough dungeons, and honor gear available to put a few blues on your character.

12/10/2011 07:28 AMPosted by Beanshidhe
Once back in Org you can can also go to the Legacy Armor and Weapon dealers for lvl 60 to around if I recall through lvl 70's.

This gear is great. At 60, and 70, they're pretty much on par, or better than the Heirlooms are. They even last quite a while while leveling. For example, my Druid used most of the 60 pvp gear up to about 68, and then most of the 70 gear until almost 80.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
PvP is closest to balance at max level, so that's where I start. I might do a few battlegrounds in between questing, but you usually don't have a lot of success until you have a full set of PvP gear and all the class skills available.
Reply Quote
81 Tauren Druid
12/10/2011 07:28 AMPosted by Beanshidhe
First hint, even at lower levels with pvp you can save up your honor points and convert them as you go along so you can get heirloom gear. You can also save them for regular honor gear as well.

Are you saying you can get heirloom gear at lower levels?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Yes. You can run BGs for Honor, and convert the Honor to Justice at a rate of 375 H > 250 JP. It takes a while, but you can easily farm the JP heirlooms on a low-level toon.
Edited by Rynok on 12/10/2011 12:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Yes. You can run BGs for Honor, and convert the Honor to Justice at a rate of 375 H > 250 JP. It takes a while, but you can easily farm the JP heirlooms on a low-level toon.

As well as the honor heirlooms, which are better for pvp anyways as they are the only items with resilience pre-70.

@OP: you are going to want to take some effort to look at your gear and prep before going into battlegrounds, the learning experience goes easier when you're not handicapped by being squishy :)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Yes you can, start in BGs around lvl 10 and you can build up your honor points and either purchase via honor points in the same area as the legacy vendors,look for the heirloom vendor, you can also at lowers lvls(know from doing so on hunter) convert them into JP and buy from the heirloom vendor above Grommash Hold.
Reply Quote
Level 1 is a good place to start.

Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Not too long ago I rolled new characters on a PvP server, and I started the instant I saw an enemy player in a contested zone.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I recommend gradually doing BGs so you can accumulate around 1k honor before hitting level 60. Then at 60 you can buy the full pvp gear and be on much more even ground and might start to enjoy it more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
low level pvp has really sucked in this expansion which is unfortunate, but as long as you keep on getting updated gear from dungeons you can happily pvp from level 20+. 10-14 and 15-19 are groups that you don't want to touch if you don't have BOA unless your a hunter. Every piece of gear makes a difference so go to the WSG and AB venders and complete every classic dungeon at least once for the quest reward.

i would still do bgs now and then to get 3K honor so you can level through bgs from 70 - 74 with the pvp set from tanaris.

60 to 69 alright but 70 - 74 is actually alot of fun if you have saved up enough honor for the full pvp set.

Reply Quote
8 Blood Elf Hunter
Any suggestions for beginner PVP BGS guides? I don't see any stickies for guides in the PVP BGS forum.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/11/2011 01:35 PMPosted by Liladoll
Any suggestions for beginner PVP BGS guides? I don't see any stickies for guides in the PVP BGS forum.

Start here:
http://www.wowpedia.org/Battleground
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
12/10/2011 08:18 AMPosted by Yikita
This gear is great. At 60, and 70, they're pretty much on par, or better than the Heirlooms are.

they're pretty much useless for anything other than looking pretty.

a person in level 60 or 70 pvp gear, will get stomped by anyone in equivalent level pve gear.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i wouldnt even buy the level 60 pvp gear the stuff you can get from ramps,bf,underbog and sp with sockets on it are a lot better anyway. +20 of int/agi/str really adds up. eveb +12 or whatever the non epic cut was. and the one below the rare cut.
Reply Quote
20 Human Paladin
If you want to start BGs at 10, I highly encourage you to have atleast 300 hp, any less and you WILL get 1 shot.
Reply Quote
8 Blood Elf Hunter
12/11/2011 10:30 PMPosted by Nobully
This gear is great. At 60, and 70, they're pretty much on par, or better than the Heirlooms are.

they're pretty much useless for anything other than looking pretty.

a person in level 60 or 70 pvp gear, will get stomped by anyone in equivalent level pve gear.

How is a newb supposed to figure this stuff out when there is conflicting advice given?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]