Giving Gifts in Game

(Locked)

90 Tauren Druid
...I don't have anyone to give gifts to really...
35 Gnome Warlock
A tracker snack so I never lose track of that person.

WE WILL BE TOGETHER FOREVER
90 Human Paladin
I would get people gifts, but then they try to give me things back. /shudder
90 Undead Warlock
The Feast of Winter Veil is coming soon and as many of us may be working on gift buying lists outside of the game, many work on lists for in game too.

Do you take time to give gifts to guild mates, friends, significant others, etc? What types of gifts do you tend to like to give? If you've gotten any gifts, what were they?

I have a habit of using excess VP from my main (warlock here) to send valor BoEs to a couple of the healers in my DK alt's guild, as a thanks for keeping me alive :D
Community Manager
I gave a level 42 5k last year. *shrug*

Didn't even know 'em

Random acts of kindness are some of the best.
90 Undead Warlock
12/12/2011 09:14 AMPosted by Idej
...I don't have anyone to give gifts to really...

If you are fortunate enough to be able to give gifts, find a stranger and hook them up. Maybe they'll pay it forward, bestowing some friendliness on someone else. And who knows, maybe you'll spark the avalanche of nice-ness that sweeps the entire community ^_^
85 Gnome Warlock
I remember when I was leveling my first toon, I accidently strayed from Duskwood into Deadwind pass and a bird killed me. I was rez'd by a gloriously dressed lvl 70 paladin (presumably on their way to Kara). That kindness has always stayed with me. I like the helping ideas here, time for me to pay it forward.
85 Goblin Hunter
You wouldn't think that if you were on my server lol, most people hate me and my guild. We do have a reputation as griefers since we're a pvp guild :P

I also dont just wait till xmas to be giving. I provide gems/chants/consumables, hell everything for my guild. I am disabled IRL so i have lots of free time to farm. New toons I try to hook up with a gnomish army knife, guild tabard, 4 netherweave bags, and 500 starting gold.

most people dont know that about me, its quite amusing :)
6 Blood Elf Warlock
I used to, but after spending literally weeks grinding dailies and farming to have enough gold to make a motorcycle for someone and not even getting a simple "Thanks," I felt a bit jaded about things.

(Note, not talking random stranger here. I don't expect thank yous from random people. Family, on the other hand... )
Edited by Orathanon on 12/12/2011 9:22 AM PST
87 Human Paladin
I try to get something for our core raid group and if I can afford it the non raiders/social members. We also try to get a Secret Santa type thing going each year as long as we have the interest.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yep!
I'm hosting a Guild Party in-game, and I'm giving gifts, there's going to be cake and Dalaran's finest there!

:)

cheap gifts, but still gifts.
90 Pandaren Rogue
You wouldn't think that if you were on my server lol, most people hate me and my guild. We do have a reputation as griefers since we're a pvp guild :P

I also dont just wait till xmas to be giving. I provide gems/chants/consumables, hell everything for my guild. I am disabled IRL so i have lots of free time to farm. New toons I try to hook up with a gnomish army knife, guild tabard, 4 netherweave bags, and 500 starting gold.

most people dont know that about me, its quite amusing :)

That's pretty awesome.
90 Night Elf Druid
I usually give a mini-pet or something like that wrapped up in gift wrap. Sometimes I will give them an armor upgrade if I have the crafting (I rarely buy it as it's too expensive).
88 Troll Hunter
For a few years I would make Steam Tonk Controllers and Crashin' Thrashin' Robots for the whole guild. The officers would wonder why I was insistent on making sure alts were noted in the guild roster. I usualy made around 60-100 bots with Steam Tonk Controller for regular members and Crashin' Thrashin' Robot for officers. I REALLY need to get around to mat gathering right about now lol.
85 Troll Hunter
We are having a guild party this Sat with secret santa gift giving. Also will be giving away prizes totaling over 200k worth to guildies at random.
85 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2011 09:18 AMPosted by Nethaera
Random acts of kindness are some of the best.

This morning I gave this level 19 tinker I didn't know all the enchants he needed for his gear, using my mats.

Typically I offer my enchanting services free of charge (including vellums).
90 Human Warlock
For my guild on the 24th I'm giving away 5 TCG loot codes. One of them being a mount. I like being able to make people smile.
90 Dwarf Rogue
This year my present list includes 2 Vial of the Sands, 3 Guardian cubs, Focusing lens, Purple and Green Smoke Flares, Crashen Thrashin Robots, and a variety of other crafting mini pets.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]